True Blood

You're No Good

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 30, 2013 on HBO

• Vampire Charm

This week's episode was all about how vampires exploited their charms. I mean, is there really no end to Jessica Hamby's sexual bewitchery? And what about Eric Northman? He looked finger lickin' good as ever as Willa Burrell found herself sharing a 'finger licking' moment with the one and only Eric. I guess she's a very lucky girl. And so was the professor or not.

We finally got answers this week. Bill's vision of all of his vampire friends burning made him connect the dots and come to the conclusion that he will be able to walk under the sun. I almost wanted to believe him, but that's just it! With vampires coexisting with the humans in the daylight may be the only road to salvation. As there are no Vampire Diaries witches living in Bon Temps with the ability of crafting daytime rings for the vampires, the producers have finally come to a nearly scientific solution to all the current vampire problems. Bill seemed to find a way of synthesizing a new brand of True Blood which would contain synthesized fairy-blood as well. The whole Sookie and Bill scene proved to be useless after all, because Bill had found some other fairies in town: Andy's girls!

Although I appreciate all the information, I think that the producers wouldn't have needed to jumble up so many storylines in season 5 in order to cause the events now. It has been a confusing ride up until now, but now that things are getting clearer, the new showrunner should stick with the primary subplots and involve every character. What is the use of Alcide's new pack for example? And how about Sam's role in all this? Or the Warlow / new fairy guy storyline? Readers of the book already know what great things lie ahead for the characters, but this should not let the producers deviate from a few solid storylines this season.

here is, however, a big competition of scenes going on. With the return of Sarah Newlin's character (OMG) and Holly Clearly, things are definitely getting spiced up like with Jason for instance. Oh, I am looking forward to that, but Jason apparently is not as he abruptly fell to the ground. That was one of the weirdest concussions I have seen and it makes me wonder if Jason is going to die this season, but I stay by my choice that it's gonna be vampire Bill.

Other than that the ending could have been done a lot better, True Blood has finally arrived on solid ground and I am really looking forward to what's coming next.
HBO2