A True Detective Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

(The small image used for the feed was created by Devon Matthias)

I was browsing stuff to put together Another Big Bundle of Video Goodies and I kept coming across True Detective videos... a lot of them.

So many that it just made more sense to give them a Big Bundle of their own.
And where better to start than with the various title sequences that have popped up.

Here is the original, so you can compare:
(via HBO)

And here are some of the alternate versions that have popped up:
(via Bellman)

The Twin Peaks version:
(via Blunt Objects Studio)

The Law & Order version:
(via PoppedCulture)

The Cat version:
(via AKN Alt)

And if the Olsen Twins were cast in season 2:
(via Complex)

Speaking of season 2, Jimmy Kimmel threw hat in the ring:

He also put together this True Detective/Looney Tunes mash up
(via Jimmy Kimmel Live)

In a similar vein, there are a couple of True Detective clips with laugh tracks:

(via TOMBZ2012)

Before moving on to another group of videos, here is an alternate ending to episode 5:
(via tutpsu)

The next group of videos that have been popping up concern the tape that Rust showed Marty - I am not going to show the original.

We'll start with my favorite:
(via DecentFilmz)

And now some of the other versions:
(via Double Prizes)

(via PelicanJack)

(via Conor Lastowka)

Moving on from those, here is the buddy cop/ Tango & Cash ending:
(via Danger Guerrero)

And finally here is a sizzle reel mixed to the song "The Angry River" by The Hat ft. Father John Misty & S.I. Istwa:
(via HBO)
38 Comments
Comments (38)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Loved these arrangements other series to present True Detective. Congratulations'll see if I see others.
Flag
What the guys from the soup did was hilarious, but what happened to Kimmel and Rogen? As if they never had any talent...
They should have included the Olsons. lol j/k I have nightmares because of their faces.
Mothra forever!!!
(I liked the alternate intros more than the original - all of them)
Flag
WHY IS EVERYONE BASHING THE OLSENS?
THEY ARE A GIFT WE SHOULD ALL CHERISH!!
Flag
It never gets old to read sentences like those. NEVER.
Flag
I am glad that you agree that they are a gift we should all cherish.
No takey backsies!
Flag
some were painfully bad (olsens, laugh tracks…) and some were great (woody watching some of MM's cheesier movies)
Thanks
Flag
YOU'RE WRONG AND THEY WERE ALL AWESOME!!!

How dare you besmirch the lovely Olsen twins!

The nerve of some people!
Flag
Of course I have nerve;-)

In a contest of "suckiness" they would be awesome (most awesome crappy clip). I have to admit to only watching a few seconds of the nauseating olsen clip before stopping it so I wouldn't puke but maybe it got better (doubt it).

They were cute kids but what's next~clips of Ms. Piggy and Kermit, Ernie and Bert, Cheech and Chong as the stars of season 2 TD? Ok, they were all funny in their own way but I'm worried that the next seasons choices won't live up to the performances from season 1. I can't believe I'm already fretting over this.

Flag
I DO NOT NEED TO UNDERLINE THINGS! ALL MY WORDS HAVE EQUAL IMPORT!

OLSEN TWINS DO NOT SUCK - THEY RULE AND U R JUST INTIMIDATED BY THEIR AWESOMENESS
and their perfect cheekbones
Flag
they got their perfect cheekbones by SUCKING
Flag
I DO NOT NEED TO UNDERLINE THINGS!
Too soon?

Flag
THE OLSENS ARE A BEAUTIFUL GIFT TO THE WORLD AND DO NOT SUCK!
THEY ARE TALENTED, AND CREATIVE AND TWINS!!
TWINS!!!
You are just jealous because you are not a twin
Flag
really, when shouting in all caps, it would help if you underlined the important words like "Olsens" and "suck"
Flag
lol, they don't suck? Then how do they keep getting work;-) What? you say talent. LOL, talent at sucking!

Since they are twins they are twice as sucky! or due to their twin "powers" they are exponentially more sucky.
It takes two of them to equal one non-twin sucky person.

to those who don't understand my sense of humor, I really don't care about the Olsens (except that they SUCK~lol).
Flag
Thanks Grumpy! Loved the Twin Peaks opening, ite evne had the 4^3 format. It fits so well! You even had the horror version with the Olsen twins. I agree with you on the Red Wedding one, it combined the best tv has given us over the last year,
Flag
Wouldn't it equally parts horrifying and fascinating if the Olsen twins thing comes true!
Flag
Only if they were portraying victims in the first episode ;-)
Flag
Great bundle, thank you very much for sharing this!

The one with GoT wedding cracked me up XDD

Also the credits Law&Order style were surprisingly nice.
Flag
The Magic Mike version came with a blurb "What was Cohle doing in Alaska all those years? A man's gotta make a living. A man's gotta follow his dreams."
Flag
LOL. 8 years a stripper.
Flag
Grumpy, you're the best! Thanks for these, enjoyed them so much.
Flag
Glad you enjoyed
Flag
I liked this show despite myself.

Its what Jhon from Cincinnati should've been but was not
Flag
Nicely done. I was sadly underwhelmed by the Kimmel / Rogen clip, but I think it's mostly because Kimmel mistakenly thought he could pull off a southern accent.
Flag
I thought it could have been shorter
Flag
Follow this Show
Members