A True Detective Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

Is this the best parody ever made? Maybe. Possibly. Probably.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/9/2015

Season 2 : Episode 8

Comments (27)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I see with English subtitles because I am Brazilian! But usually I dont need them, and form me the more difficult to understand, some times, is Woody Harrelson, due to his accent! I love the dialogues and everything else in this show.But the parody was funny, mainly the scene in the bed..
Flag
Well, the clip is funny if you're an idiot without an ounce of intellectualism in your body. Rust is perfectly intelligible, and he merely states things most people do not wish to tell themselves...particularly not in front of other people. If you don't have brains, I suppose that what he states would sound as gibberish.
Flag
How's the view up there from your pedistal?
Flag
I could not stop laughing while watching this. Thanks a lot, Kaitlin.
Flag
You couldn't have waited until after the finale on Sunday? Now I'm going to be laughing all through it, and there's no WAY I'll understand what they're saying. Damn you Kaitlin! Damn you The Soup! Damn you TV.com!

(But it was pretty funny)
Flag
Too Funny..great job.
Flag
LOL

Flag
Seriously? People can't understand true detective? It might be because I'm Australian, but I never had a problem understanding anything said on the show.
Flag
I watch it with subtitles.
Flag
They're speaking clearly enough most of the time, but there's a lot of mumbling as well. I find the mumbling pretty hard to decode. Also, McConaghey's character says a lot of weird stuff that don't make much sense even if you understand every word.
Flag
Not actually. McConaghey's Rust Cohle makes plenty of sense to those who usually think philosophically and have at least a rudimentary knowledge of modern physics. Something most people do not take the time to learn.

Oh well, if you could understand him, you'd see the brilliance in his statements.
Flag
You have that backwards. He's talking like someone who has at most a rudimentary understanding of modern physics. He seems to have picked up a few ideas, but there's nothing to suggest that he has understood any of them.

I understand classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, special relativity and general relativity very well (including the mathematics). I understand the basics of thermodynamics, classical electrodynamics and quantum electrodynamics (which is a quantum field theory). I don't have a technical understanding of any of the attempts at quantum theories of gravity, but I'm at least familiar with the popular science accounts of string theory. So I would say that my "understanding of modern physics" is more than rudimentary. I can assure you that this doesn't make me think of his statements as anywhere near brilliant.

The problem isn't just what he's saying, it's also when he's saying those things, and who he's saying them to. If someone who doesn't know any physics asks me what I thought of this week's Revolution, and I reply that any spacelike hypersurface of spacetime can be thought of as "space" at a certain time, am I making sense? No. My statement makes sense on its own, but it doesn't make sense as a reply to any question from a person who doesn't know anything about physics, and it doesn't make sense as a reply to that question regardless of who I'm talking to.

Do his weird statements even make sense on their own? Perhaps some of them do, but I think most don't. I haven't memorized them, so I can't say for sure right now.

Would you like to show us a brilliant statement that he made on the show? I'm willing to discuss it.
More +
Flag
Hahahahahaha, I couldn't stop laughing.... That was amazing
Flag
Two great wigs!
Flag
That was great!
Flag
This was really funny.

Can't wait for their Walking Dead poof next week, actually starring Daryl and Gleen!
Flag
LOL
Flag
Oh yeah, the reason why I need subtitles and I love Community.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members