True Jackson, VP Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2011)

Strange Character Quirks

taillow22

[1]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 11

has anyone ever noticed how each character has, like, their own quirk that appears in a few different episodes? here are some examples:

ryan - always thinks that someone is a robot or spy

he also always has something on his shoulder that looks like food, but according to him 'oh no thats not food'

lulu - whenever she is standing next to someone, other characters think that she and him are friends or something. (the prototype when true thought that one guy was her cousin, and also in babysitting dakota with that guy standing next to the elevator)

and of course, kopelman is always getting in trouble.

i havent noticed anything about true yet. if u have any others, please post!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iCarly317

[2]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    I never really noticed. Might just be running gags, but its pretty funny most of the time so I like it. Kopelman getting in trouble is funny every time!

primallynx

[3]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 14

One of True's quirks is she's always telling positive life-lesson stories that her family (mostly her mom) have told her. Usually she is saying these to Amanda.

BradvsSheldon

[4]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 31

Kopelman is the most evident running gag, but you could say it's really Max's strange character quirk for always picking on him. Max also tends to jump a lot when he's excited, or act like a hyperactive kid.

Jimmy's quirk is his drumsticks.

Amanda's got a quirk when she's trying to kiss up to Max. She puts on this overly feminine charm thing. She bats her eyelashes, sends her voice up a pitch, pats him, acts flirtatiously, etc.

Ryan has the suspicious quirk as mentioned. He's skeptical of people and things. The robot/spy thing are just two examples of this. He is also the first to voice skepticism of Chad. He is the first to be supicous of the dress vault, automatically assuming there are invisible security lasers. He is skeptical of the computer guy. There might be a few more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

dava203

[5]Feb 1, 2009
    Most Quirks are funny. So just look for parts that are funny and see what happens

taillow22

[6]Feb 2, 2009
    one quirk for oscar may be that people always say hi to him in a strange way, and he always replies by wiggling his fingers at him. the only episode this happened in was True Takes on Iceland, when lulu had 'hi oscar' painted on her feet, and true was upside down in the elevator, so it may not really be a quirk of his. just something that i noticed, really xD

kikimarie593

[7]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 27
    This isn't really a quirk, but I noticed that in almost every episode True and Amanda don't get along, then by the end of the episode they seem like they're friends, then in the next episode they don't get along again.

b_natrl88

[8]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    One of True's quirks is saying "You said what now?" or something to that effect...it's sort of like on Hannah Montana when Miley says for example "Girl who says I say what, say what?!"

tvaddict_10

[9]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 59
    I noticed many of these and they are hilarious.

dava203

[10]Feb 8, 2009

taillow22 wrote:
    one quirk for oscar may be that people always say hi to him in a strange way, and he always replies by wiggling his fingers at him. the only episode this happened in was True Takes on Iceland, when lulu had 'hi oscar' painted on her feet, and true was upside down in the elevator, so it may not really be a quirk of his. just something that i noticed, really xD

It probaly is a quirk and it started in that episode

OverkiII

[11]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 8

b_natrl88 wrote:
    One of True's quirks is saying "You said what now?" or something to that effect...it's sort of like on Hannah Montana when Miley says for example "Girl who says I say what, say what?!"
    It just goes to show how wonderful the writing is on all of these modern shows. I can't wait for a new show when someone starts saying that "Who said what said what who what now?' and just gets punched straight in the face.

wwerules1000

[12]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 5
    You Know This is in most episodes.When Ryan finds something like for example peanut butter and someone tells him he has peanut butter on his shirt or something.He Goes "Well that is not peanut butter"

taillow22

[13]Mar 18, 2009

True - episodes usually begin with her talking/mentioning about how lucky she is lately, but by the middle she says that the lucky streak is over, and at the end she says that she is very lucky again.

Lulu - She talks about talking ponies a lot. (I cant remember any specific times, but she did mention them in at least two different episodes)

Everyone - Some people are running through the hallway, and they tend to crash into someone else, sending paper flying through the office.

whazzup07

[14]May 15, 2009
    • level: 6

Here are the ones I've noticed:

True Jackson - Her catchphrase is "(You/He/She) (said/did) what now?" just like Miley/Hannah's catchphrase "Say what?" from "Hannah Montana". She always talks about her family's weird behaviors. She used to talk about how lucky she is but now she doesn't. She usually has a deep, weird voice when she is nervous. She also talks about self-confidence tips to Amanda. She and Lulu have a handshake and at the end of the handshake say "Baby boom!" At the beginning of every episode, True's voice is voice-overed saying "'True Jackson, V.P.' was filmed in front of a live studio audience." She is also usually running into someone in the lobby, causing that person to drop their papers, leading the papers to spread all over the lobby.

Lulu - Her catchphrase is "Not even!" She usually talks about ponies. She is known to be very clumsy. Sometimes is thought to be accompanying someone when she isn't. She and True have a handshake and at the end of the handshake say "Baby boom!"

Ryan Laserbeam - He is known to be obsessed with video games. He also has a knack of assuming people are spies. His catchphrase is "Oh, come one!" just like Josh's from "Drake and Josh". He is always falling down and has a certain kind of laugh that comes from his throat. Sometimes, when someone tells him that he has food on his shoulder, he says that it isn't food.

Amanda Cantwell - She is mean and snorts like a pig when she laughs. She also refers so True, Lulu and Ryan as children and that the company isn't a playground.

Max Madigan - He has a certain kind of jolly laugh when he is excited. He is also mean to Kopelman in every episode. He and True have a handshake involving them touching fingers.

Jimmy Madigan - He always has his drumsticks and he also gets emotional when someone steals his mail cart.

Kopelman - He always gets in trouble, usually Max having to send him outside of meetings. He is also made fun of by Max or Amanda and has a knack of having snacks.

Mr. Jackson (not a main character but some things I've noticed from him) - When True talks about her father, it usually involves him hurting someone, over exaggerating or complaining about something that doesn't go his way.

I hope I covered all of them.

Edited on 05/15/2009 5:34pm