True Life

I'm in a Summer Share

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 20, 2003 on MTV - Music Television

• Stunning portrait of one summer in the life of a young New Jersey working man.

Tommy does construction for a living. In the summer, he enjoys the typical pursuits along the Jersey shore: partying, hanging out with friends, hitting the food stands and showing off his car.

But there's more to Tom than meets the eye. When we first see him, he appears to be itching for a fight--lonely and dissatisfied over fruitless relationships, tired of people's deceptions and looking for someone he can trust.

He hangs out with a tight-knit group of friends. At night they hit the clubs, to drink and dance as much as they can stand. Tempers can run high, and outside a sandwich shop, things nearly develop into something worse. Thankfully, cooler heads prevail.

Although Tommy hides his inner self in times of trouble, his friends know when something's up. Tommy is a lover as well as a fighter. You may start out this episode not knowing what to make of him, but by the end, whatever Tommy's faults, you'll find it hard not to root for him.

This is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.
  • Tommy is a very spiritual man, who hides behind a shell, not to let people know how hurt he is. He reminds me alot of myself. I loved this show, I wanted to grap Tommy and just hold him. I hope he has found his wife.

Tommy is a very spiritual man, who hides behind a shell, not to let people know how hurt he is. He reminds me alot of myself. I loved this show, I wanted to grap Tommy and just hold him. You should do an update, I hope he has found his wife.I believe Tommy will make a great husband for some lucky women one day, he just needs to quit trying so hard to find her, let her come to him.
    Becky