True Life

I'm Obese

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 01, 2004 on MTV - Music Television

• This show chronicles the lives of people who are obese, morbidly obese, and super obese. It includes obese people who have been teased over it, become basically mostly dependent on others, or simply those who are happy with the way they look.

I think this episode was a very informative and important episode to America since we are the fattest country in the world. This show shows some considering gastric bypass surgery as a means to a better way of life. It gives a person an idea of what overweight people go through and lets the world know that its not just about eating too much food. One of the participants on the show developed an illness that cause her to gain approximately 300 more lbs. The difficulties that a teenager goes through as an obese youth. On the flip side, there were some participants who were not taking proper steps to control their own weight, and had decided that they were simply going to eat what they wanted. For them, the gastric bypass surgery was not necessarily a life-saving procedure, but a way to lose weight and still eat what they wanted. So I would recommend this show to anybody wanting some inside education on obesity as it shows at least three different sides of obese people. And personally, I just wanted to say that I was 255 lbs and lost all of my weight through dieting and exercise, and a person does not have to eat salads all day in order to lose weight. Reach out and talk to a dietitian for help if need be. Still a very, very good show.