True Life

Wednesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered Mar 31, 1998 In Season

foolishtv

True Life Fan Reviews (12)

• "True Life" is a better show than most people think it is. But, the show varies from episode to episode.

7.9
    A lot of people think MTV is all dating shows and shows about hip hop and rap. This isn't fully true. There's "MTV Cribs", "Made", and also the underrated "True Life". In each episode of "True Life", you follow two or three people with a related problem or lifestyle. Each episode is their own documentary. Some of them go nowhere though. For example, there's one that was about people who were from a specific New York island. They tried to show the struggles, but there really wasn't that much to touch up on. The only difference they really showed between them and people living in Manhattan is a slightly different accent and a different appearance. Episodes like that are just like an episode of "Real World", where you just follow people around in their daily life. That's not what I'm watching "True Life" for. But then there are a lot of interesting ones, like "I have Tourette's" or "I'm a Competitive Eater".