Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Forums

Saturday 6:30 PM on NHK EducationalIn Season

How far into the manga does season 2 go?

Smoker25

[1]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 15

saw ssn 1. downloaded most of season 2. i wanna read the manga before the anime. i know piffle is the first arc inssn 2 but isnt after that fullers and shara and shura. How many more arcs do i need t read to watch all of season 2?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mcgee_Abby

[2]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    Well the anime and manga are not in the same order. In the anime they go to Piffle world before Shara and Shura, but in the manga it's the other way round. Volume 12 is when they leave piffle world in the manga.

StarlightMaker

[3]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 33
    Well, personally I'm fond of watching something before reading the original work... you're less disappointed that way. I'm sure a lot were disappointed with season 2 if they had read the manga first. People are disappointed with the Harry Potter movies when they've read the books first. See what I mean?

Anyway, I personally think that it was a good idea to start off with Piffle... it was an adventurous place, with a great opening - Two Syaorans. And the surprising character at the end of the Piffle arc fits very well for the first few episodes of the second season. The next episode countered what they had done in the finale of the first season because it made NO sense.

Anyway, aside form Piffle and Yasha/Ashura, season two tackles the whole library place and Kurogane's background. However, they skipped the fox people from the beginning of volume 8!! I wonder why... The rest of the season is filler.

Smoker25

[4]Jun 4, 2007
    huh? So your saying the only arcs from the manga that are in season two are piffle and ashura/ashara? what other arcs from the manga is in ssn 2?

StarlightMaker

[5]Jun 5, 2007
    • level: 33
    No... I said aside from Piffle and Yasha/Ashura's place, Kurogane's background is shown. This happens where they find the feather in a library... I just can't remember the name of that place.

Smoker25

[6]Jun 6, 2007
    thanks. how long is that library/kurogane's past arc? 2 volumes? Im waiting for the english and decided to not watch the ssn2 anime until Ive gotten past it.

so tsubasa is still on hiatus right?

Mlemlo

[7]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    As far as I'm aware, there won't be a season three.

Kurogane's past takes place during the Rekort arc. Basically, all of volume 13 is Kuro's past, and volume 14 contains the rest of the Rekort arc.

Titans2006123

[9]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 24
    yeh... rekord is in the anime and lecourt is in the manga i think......