Turkey Television

Nickelodeon (ended 1987)

Turkey Television Fan Reviews (3)

7.2
  • Short bits and music pieces about Thurman T Turkey. Fast Paced and cutting edge comedy on a clean level appropriate for all ages.

Turkey Tv is one of my all time favorite shows. Like a few of the other great kids shows that are created to be entertaining for the more mature mind as well as youngsters, it creates simplistic humor that any age can appreciate interlined with witty more adult humor. I have shown my kids the couple 2 minute clips that exist and they sang the theme song the rest of the day. They even talked about it again later at dinner and sang the song again. Hoping someday DVDs will be availble. I have been looking for years, but sadly i think it's lost in the vaults :( The great thing about this show was the writers. It was intelligent and fun.
  • Humor for the short attention span crowd.

7.4
    I remember watching this late at night when I was a teenager. The quick cut sketches and clips were great. Even if you didn't like the way the current piece was trending, a new bit was right on its heels. Unless my memory is seriously faulty, this show was also where I first saw Dana Carvey. Clips of his stage act were used including the "Chopping Broccoli" bit that he later brought to SNL. The jump cut humor reminds me in a way of the premise of Robot Chicken today and I can't help but wonder if it influenced Seth Green and pals since they are about my age and would have been potentially watching around the same time.
  • TURKEY TV ROCKED!!

This show was EXCELLENT! I used to watch it with my daughter; even though it was a kid's show, it was very funny! It had comedy clips from all over the world, & it was hilarious! Also very fascinating to see the approach that different cultures took regarding comedy - ALL of them, funny as heck! I truly wish that this show were still on TV, because now more than ever, the world needs to share a laugh. Someone bring this show back, PLEASE!! Or at least put it into syndication!