We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Turn Community
Monday 9:00 PM on AMC

Powder that wig and sharpen those wooden teeth because the Revolutionary War isn't over at AMC. The network today announced that it has renewed its period drama Turn for a second season, asking for 10 more episodes to air in the spring of 2015. 

Turn follows "America's first spy ring," a group of farmers who helped turn the tide in America's Revolutionary War against the British pig-dogs. The series stars Jaime Bell, Seth Numrich, and Daniel Henshall. 

Turn was far from a hit, both in ratings and in cool-kid chatter, for AMC. I only know one person who still watches it (hi Pat!), and the Season 1 finale was watched by just 1.6 million people (that number jumped to 2.2 million after DVR views were recorded). 

But AMC, once mighty and haughty with its trio of Mad MenBreaking Bad, and The Walking Dead, has slipped in recent seasons and is having trouble launching new series. The network's most recent new show, Halt and Catch Fire, drew only 1.19 million viewers for its premiere. By comparison, Turn was met by 2.12 million viewers when it debuted. This is more of a war of attrition for AMC, with Turn the benefactor of a lineup that can't put new shows on the front line. "Low Winter Sun, Halt and Catch Fire, take the front!" "But sir, they're already dead." "Very well then, Turn, you're up!" 

I watched the pilot episode but never felt compelled to go back to the series. However, I heard the season finale was great, so I might give it another go. Are you excited AMC is bringing back Turn

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/25/2016

Season 3 : Episode 1

Next Episode

TONIGHT AT 9PM

Season 3 : Episode 2

115 Comments
Comments (115)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I have to admit that Season 2 was not as good as season 1, but I have high hopes for Season 3. Just knew when it started.
Flag
Great show, those of you who don't like, so what at least watch it for some history of founding of America. Historically it's right on but of course it has "Flair" for television .
Flag
This truly is a killer show. Anyone who disagrees hasn't given it a chance. Keep it coming.
Flag
Absolutely great storytelling and a damn good series.
Flag
Best Netflix series I have ever seen.
Flag
i just want to say that this show is absolutley AWESOME! i am recommending this show to my friends. Good job AMC
Flag
This show is awesome, however I did not even now it existed until it showed up on Netflix. Now I can't wait for season 3.
Flag
One of the best shows ever, with the right amount of drama, action, romance (Think J.A & Peggy) gore, suspense and comedy ( Thanks to Caleb Brewster, who's an action hero with a funny way to say things). Can't wait for season 3...
Flag
I love this show. I hope more people give it a chance because it truly is an amazing series
Flag
When is season 3 starting? Please hurry!
Flag
This is one of the best shows I've seen on television in a long time. It provides all the elements I like: Great complicated characters, fantastic writing, colonial history. It must be expensive to produce. I can't wait for season 2, so I'm going to watch season 1 again. AMC should give this show a fair chance. Good Luck for your Turn. ---Brett
Flag
My dad got me hooked on Turn Season 1, when I came into where he was watching it & asked what he was watching.

I now watch every episode & download each episode to my iPad to take with me on the go.

I'm especially interested in this Time Period of American History after My Mother was able to trace back our family tree on geneology.com to Discover that I'm actually related to John Hart, a Signer of the Declaration of Independence!!

Please Bring this Series back!!, its an Awesome show & I LOVE Historicsl Shows & not the lame Reality Show crap....
Flag
I loved this show! I could not stop watching it. It really kept me on the edge of my seat! Very great show, I would buy if it came out on DVD
Flag
AMC has done an awful disservice to this show...terrible time slotf first Sunday night at 10 pm and now on Monday night at 9. I and several teachers at my high school love the show, it is beautifully filmed, well acted and while at times not historically correct it is far better than most of the trash TV has to offer. If AMC does more to promote Turn and do a time slot change I feel that ratings would improve. I hope Turn will continue.
Flag
Its not my favorite show on TV, nor is it my favorite AMC show, but I like it none the less, it may not be 100% historically accurate, hell it may not even be 40%... but its damn entertaining none the less and I require no less from any TV show I watch, its all in entertaining drama fun anyways and they do a great job, keep it up AMC.
Flag
Seriously Turn! You demonstrate early 19th century percussion methods on Gen. Washington? Percussion in the 18th century was done THROUGH THE CLOTHING AND WITH THE FINGERS ~ The method you show is from about 1816 ! Fire your medical advisor. Then you have a Senior Citizen play a drummer boy earlier? Gee, I wonder why they called them drummer boys? Hmmm.
Lots of errors that are ridiculously simple to have done correctly. It doesn't have to be perfect, doesn't take a rocket scientist ~ no photographs of the era. But really? Disappointed.
Flag
I started it awhile ago and didn't get past the pilot. After a recommendation from a friend, I started watching TURN again and couldn't stop.
It keeps my attention.
Flag
This is the best show on TV!!! I watch it on demand... I don't have DVR.. I watched Season I in ONE NIGHT ALL NIGHT... because I love it.
Flag
This is by far my favorite series!!! And I watch aLOT of series!! PLEASE have a season 3!!!. I feel so connected with this series. Love all the actors!! What a "story"!! Makes me want to travel east. I did go to Williamsburg and even the actors there were talking about it. It's absolutely fantastic!!
Flag
Why is it shows I love never do well? Maybe I should stop watching now so there will be a 3rd season? :) j/k This show is great, and the actors are fabulous. You have to understand it's a period piece, so there are no car chases or CGI effects. If you liked History class in school, this will be a great show to watch (or want to learn about early US history). I never heard of Burn Gorman before this show, but man can that dood act! I liked Jamie Bell going into this (from the 9th Legion movie), and I always wished I could see more of him as an actor (and Turn gave me what I wanted). I hope this show does well, maybe Jamie should ask Channing Tatum to make a guest appearance to give the ratings a bump? (I heard they were RL friends). #Turn3rdseason
Flag
My husband and I just binge watched"Turn" it was AWESOME can't wait for season2 to be recorded... we like to binge watched instead of waiting for it weekly!!!! #nopatience
Flag
Thats why ratings drop. People don't watch it when it airs and (most) networks count DVR viewings after 7 days. So if you watch it more than 7 days after recording, youre not counted in the ratings. That's why so many good shows get cancelled.
Flag
Who watches cable T.V. anymore? I, like most millennials, stream shows. Maybe it is time to gauge consumers' preference in other ways than a cable box. Most people want to binge in their own time. Cable networks need to learn to adapt or companies like Netflix will drive them all out of business.
Flag
Great show. was laid up with back issues and binged on this fantastic show. I am hooked.
Flag
Amazing series! I hope it's renewed for a third and even a fourth season! I love the history of this period, it is so very rich and important...it's a shame more Americans don't know the history of their own country.

A loyalist Canadian!
Flag
I definitely am ready for the 2nd season.. The timeliness were off but made for an interesting show..
Flag
I love this series! I found it on Netflix 6 days ago and have been practically episode binging until I finished last night. It's refreshing to see a period drama that is accurate, especially with costumes, and intelligently written. I was scouting for Season 2 when I realized that it's not even out yet. I suppose that means that I'll be at other people's houses trying to watch it on "regular" TV, or paying for it on the Other Big A. Oh well, it's too good to pass up.
Flag
Must watch t.v if you ask me Im glued to the t.v American history one of my favorite in high school so lets educate our next generation of followers on this great show lets Turn so heads cant wait for season 2
Flag
I am thoroughly enjoying this series. I didn't watch until Better Call Saul started and I saw an ad for Turn. I found it On Demand and binge watched Season 1. So glad it's coming back for Season 2.
Flag
I don't know why Americans are so chronically disinterested in our own history. So many people seem to have no idea what monumental changes in world history and thinking occurred in this revolutionary time period. Apparently we are as stupid as the Europeans think we are. If it doesn't have a monster or something blowing up it can't hold american attention. Here talking is boring. Ideas are boring. People are boring. If something isn't getting killed or scr%*wed every three seconds its not worth paying attention to. I'm quite frankly amazed TURN is getting a second season even with the ratings flukes. It is nice to read the comments on this site to know there are people who are interested in our rich ( if short ) history. Most of the time if you want a good dramatic dose of history you have to watch British television ( which I also love ). So nice to have one program about Us once in a while. AMC does not help by not having decent advertising campaigns. Why would you spend so much money on a production then fail to get the word out? Very puzzling.
Flag
They are so disinterested because our Federal Education system has removed everything that would lead someone to want to know about our History as well as our Media has been saying for years things like, "Thats as boring as reading the declaration of independence."

That is the type of crap that brainwashes people to not care about our founding and because of this they don't know a thing about the Country they live in and they are perfectly ok with voting against the founding documents for things whomever can convince them may be right as long as they share the same political party.
Flag
LOL. You are spot on! I am a big history buff and LOVE this show. Everyone else in my ofc is watching Game of Thrones, etc. I am actually hooked on a different show when TURN is not on..."The Musketeers" on BBC America. If you like historical shows, you'll love this. Excellent acting, period costumes, etc.
Flag
If you are teaching actual US history, then the govt does not want you to watch shows like TURN.
Flag
Love the show! Really glad they are bringing back another season.
Flag
Just watched season/series one in a couple days and am hooked.... Can't wait for the next seasons/series to start, just wonder when we will get it. think if sky Atlantic take this on And it's advertised well it will do extremely well. Simcoe you got to hate but if he goes/ dies I think it will loose a major character that is integral to the show. Role on the spring 15
Flag
Great to hear a second season is coming soon, just watched the whole of series 1 on Amazon Prime in two days! I'm English, and not much was taught to me about the American Revolution, (primarily because my second-rate school only let us choose either history or geography. I unfortunately chose geography, but as I've grown a lot older world history has become much more interesting than rock formations!) so this has been a great eye-opener to some of the grim realities of what happened over 200 years ago. From some of the other comments and reviews I've seen this is based on a lot of fact without too much bias. I do think some of the actors were a bit stereotypical and that can't be helped I guess but I do hope to see Simcoe reach a grizzly end as his character really did grate me, and he deserves a painfull death!..
Flag
Ok let's get the pet peeve out of the way...like "there's no crying in baseball" there are no wooden teeth in any part of the revolutionary war before or after.
I enjoy this show and am glad it is returning. A little tweaking here and there it could b a hit. Not on the scale of breaking bad, but like with Lost, many producers and directors will attempt to create a hit just as worthy. This one will just be interesting entertainment for the masses (but the masses need to tune in!!!)
Flag
Maybe AMC would do better with a show about when us "British pig - dogs" came back and spanked and humiliated Americans vengefully in 1812-14!
Flag
Ummm.... The War of 1812 left both America and the British with nothing extra but death. America got everything that they fought for (non restricted trades and the ability to expand without getting the British upset about it). The British achieved nothing but bragging rights to using it's full military force to stalemate with a country that they thought were still beneath them. So like our forefathers agreed, our War of 1812 was a draw. British got to kill Americans. Americans got their freedom... again.
Flag
Hey British pig dog, maybe you should brush up on your history. Have you heard the phrase? "lost the battle but won the war" We destroyed you! You lost! We won!
When was the last time you heard someone say about a sporting event, "we lost the game but we scored more points than you in the second period.
But I guess if that's all you have to be proud of go ahead.
Flag
So short sighted dude.... Guess you forgot about Vietnam? Didn't you loose that one??? And every war you have ever won other than repelling the English out of your nation has been with the English by your side. Respect to all those brothers in arms that served side by side from both nations :-).
Flag
Are we Brits and Americans STILL bickering? When will we ever learn?
Flag
Good, I loved this show, I think it is much better than the Walking Dead, and I hope enough people start enjoying it to keep it going. Showed the show to my brother in law and sister and they started enjoying it too.
Flag
Very much so! Great show!
Flag
Absolutely! this show is excellent. It has plenty of action, and very well written characters .It is to me anyway, extremely important to have shows that accurately portray our American history. Look, I know this doesn't have zombies, drugs, vulgar language and nudity, but despite all that, it is still a bad ass show and definitely worth watching!
Flag
Excellent TV series that is both educational and entertaining. Lots of potential in the global TV market so I hope they get this on Netflix international and perhaps even our local subscription service, HBO Nordic. Looking forward to season 2.
Flag
I like the series although I must admit something about it is a bit bland. Nonetheless I am glad that there's going to be a 2nd season! I hope the actors will grow into their characters a bit more, or maybe it's the script they get. If there'd be a tad more passion, it would be better and probably get much better ratings.
Flag
I think if AMC pairs their shows up, then it will draw the audience. I really like TURN, especially the season finale. I love HELL ON WHEELS and pairing TURN with HELL ON WHEELS caused me to watch TURN again. Two drama set in two different American historical events (i.e. The Railroad and The Revolutionary War) works. What I think AMC should do is when the new season of TURN comes on just pair it with repeating the last season of HELL ON WHEELS and vice-verse. It would bring fans of HELL ON WHEELS to TURN and fans of TURN to HELL ON WHEELS.
Flag
I suppose more Americans prefer the so-called reality shows. It is a shame Americans don't seem to care enough or know enough about their history and heritage. AMC, I hope you keep this show on for those of us with better tastes.
Flag
I find it hard to believe that this show doesn't have the viewership...it's one of the best shows on TV! Are Americans so "dumbed down" that no one is even interested in the American Revolution? This show brings history to life! What more could one ask for?
Flag
A close relative "Turn'd" me on to this series and by the second episode, I was hooked. I can't wait for the next season to begin. I grew up in the Hudson River Valley region, which is the backdrop of many Season 1 episodes, so this show has both an historic and nostalgic importance to me. In the neighboring hamlet, Tappan, NY, Major John Andre was tried, convicted, hung and buried. Major Andre, along with his despicable American accomplice, Major General Benedict Arnold, are both central characters of Season 1, and I suspect much of upcoming Season 2. The village of Setauket and many other southern New York and Long Island communities are well known to me now as an adult, but before this show, I had little appreciation for their importance in early American history. This show should be mandatory watching for high school history students in New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.
Flag
Turn is an amazing show...like beyond belief. It can seem a bit boring in some parts but what show isnt...
Flag
Great show, I had DVR'd this show and finally had to time to view it.
Flag
Great show, does anyone know when the new season starts?
Flag
Spring of 2015 :) Anxiously waiting, and hoping for 3,4 & 5 to follow.
Flag
I Love This Show! As a SAR (Son of the American Revolution) having 2 ancestors that fought in the American Revolution, I was curious about the spy activities that went on during this time, which I had no idea even took place. The show paints a completely different picture of life during those times than what we were taught in school. You gain a greater appreciation for Americans of that time after seeing the hardships that they had to survive through. The cast is outstanding, the clothing is very realistic, and the tension is palpable. I love the online interactive part of the show as well, very well done. I am really looking forward to Season 2, I just wish that it was coming out in the fall of 2014 instead of 2015.
Flag
I really enjoy this show. I hope next season they keep the sex scenes to a minimum though. I don't enjoy that and have stopped watching several shows because of it. I love the intrigue and the character development.
Flag
Uh, the "sex" scenes disturb you? There really aren't many in this show, and the ones that have been were pertinent to the story. How do you tell a love story without the passion/sex? You can't take sex out of real-life, and and this show very much portrays real life, and not some puritanical, sanitized, make-believe version of it...which is what I love about it. I'm completely befuddled by your comment.
Flag
I love this show! Glad to hear AMC doubled-down and went for another season. I'm not sure why it's not doing well. It has an intriguing plot, great acting, and has a good share of suspense. It seems most people nowadays are into (what I call) garbage TV - sex, drugs, extreme violence, gore, unfaithfulness, pervasive profanity, etc.. This show keeps those things to a minimum and focuses on character development. I sincerely hope it does better the next season. Maybe AMC should look at increasing marketing for the show.
Flag
Yeah, it really only ever seemed to advertise it during its own airings!
Flag
I love this show, but only after enduring 2 or three episodes. Filming in the dark, combined with heavy accents from the actors, made it slow in the beginning. A viewer has to pay close attention to avoid missing something when this "dark" approach to the filming is taken. My major criticism is that the filming appears to be untrue to the real setting. This area of Long Island is lush and beautiful. In an effort to make the show "dark," much of the vegetation is stark. When Spring, 1777 is announced, the show looks more like a desert setting in the winter. Spring in New York would be filled with blossoms, greenery, and rain. Perhaps introducing more mud and less brown vegetation would add more reality to the "darkness." However, I don't believe the show needs to be dark. I love the indoor scenes, where the colonial homes are beautifully appointed. It made me look up architecture and furnishings of the period to see how true to reality the settings are. They are very much so. Also, the hedonistic excess of the British military in terms of food, drugs, sex, and their version of rock and roll seems to be accurate as well. The conflicts in the story-telling are good, not quite excellent, as tension is a bit low, but the story helps us all understand the little discussed lifestyles during the Revolutionary War. Bring on season 2!
More+
Flag
You might try looking at some atlases of the period.... I suspect the landscape has changed greatly in the last 200+ years.....
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members