A Turn Community
Monday 9:00 PM on AMC (Returning April 13th, 2015)

Powder that wig and sharpen those wooden teeth because the Revolutionary War isn't over at AMC. The network today announced that it has renewed its period drama Turn for a second season, asking for 10 more episodes to air in the spring of 2015. 

Turn follows "America's first spy ring," a group of farmers who helped turn the tide in America's Revolutionary War against the British pig-dogs. The series stars Jaime Bell, Seth Numrich, and Daniel Henshall. 

Turn was far from a hit, both in ratings and in cool-kid chatter, for AMC. I only know one person who still watches it (hi Pat!), and the Season 1 finale was watched by just 1.6 million people (that number jumped to 2.2 million after DVR views were recorded). 

But AMC, once mighty and haughty with its trio of Mad MenBreaking Bad, and The Walking Dead, has slipped in recent seasons and is having trouble launching new series. The network's most recent new show, Halt and Catch Fire, drew only 1.19 million viewers for its premiere. By comparison, Turn was met by 2.12 million viewers when it debuted. This is more of a war of attrition for AMC, with Turn the benefactor of a lineup that can't put new shows on the front line. "Low Winter Sun, Halt and Catch Fire, take the front!" "But sir, they're already dead." "Very well then, Turn, you're up!" 

I watched the pilot episode but never felt compelled to go back to the series. However, I heard the season finale was great, so I might give it another go. Are you excited AMC is bringing back Turn

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/8/2014

Season 1 : Episode 10

Next Episode

AIRS ON 4/13/2015

Season 2 : Episode 1

86 Comments
Follow this Show
Members