A Turn Community
Monday 9:00 PM on AMC

Before America was a glorious country full of strip malls, high-calorie fried things, and Ugg boots as far as the eye could see, did you know that it was under British rule? It's true—open up a history book and educate yourself! Once upon a time, in order to unlock the potential of a democratic nation and separate themselves from a regime of poor spellers and food misidentifiers (biscuits get smothered in gravy, not dunked in tea!), the people of the 13 colonies rose up against their wigged oppressors in the most American way: by shooting guns.

That event is now known as the Revolutionary War, and it will soon be the subject of AMC's upcoming drama, Turn. The series follows "America's first spy ring," which was formed by a bunch of farmers. And you know what? It looks great. Have a peek:

We still have yet to see footage from AMC's other upcoming drama, Halt & Catch Fire, starring Lee Pace as a computer pioneer in the '80s. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/30/2016

Season 3 : Episode 6

Next Episode

AIRS ON 6/6/2016

Season 3 : Episode 7

34 Comments
Comments (35)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This looks awesome!
Flag
I thought AMC was edgy. Why not have the protagonists fighting for the British?
Flag
Looks like it could be promising, AMC needs a new powerhouse since Breaking Bad ended.

As long as they don't mess up the history!
Flag
Is anyone else missing the video link? Is it just me? Is Firefox an English Loyalist?
Flag
I wonder in which of these new shows those AMC expect to find another Breaking Bad.
Flag
Why does there have to be another Breaking Bad? Is this what the future looks like? Will all new shows be compared to Breaking Bad?
Flag
I didn't meant to say that AMC is making another 'gritty' tv show with an antihero. It's just that with BB gone and Mad Men heading to its final season, AMC is going to need a new hit series.
Flag
Especially since they've cancelled The Killing yet again, and they seem like they just don't care that much about Hell on Wheels anymore
Flag
It seems people are asking for Ichabod Crane. I guess he's becoming better known and associated with that time period than the real forefathers of Independence. I, for one, won't watch this unless Crane is one of the main characters, of course.
Flag
LOL! In addition to Crane, they'd better include a vampire, a zombie, and a teacher-turned-meth cooker to attract their preferred viewers in the 18-49 age range.

I think this will be an interesting show--perhaps it's more interesting to me than some because I have lived in "Revolutionary territory" all of my life--central and eastern Virginia.
Flag
Then they should include Abraham Lincoln, vampire killer, in the Revolutionary War!
Flag
That would be great except that it's almost a century before Lincoln, but they could work around that some way. :)
Flag
I know, and that's precisely why they have to do it!
Flag
Nothing beats Mel Gibson.
Flag
Unless Ichabod Crane shows up on this one, I don't know why I should bother.
Flag
It looks fairly promising. I've always enjoyed shows/movies based on that time period.
Flag
Nah, this is probably not for me. AMC is slowly but surely starting to stand for Avoid Most Content.

Flag
It might work. For me and AMC it is the odd contrast between their original content and their odd ventures into reality tv. I don't watch reality tv at all. But their ideas for show seem A&E like.
Flag
If I've understood the murky ads for it correctly, I think their next reality show has to do with high-stakes arm wrestling. Or something. Whatever. (shakes head in sadness and disgust)

Actually, I've been plenty disappointed with a lot of their scripted programming, none of which I'll mention by name lest I incur the wrath of too many others here.

Flag
Ah yes, the gritty underworld that is arm wrestling. For those that viewed Stallone's Over The Top didn't grab the gravitas of it all.

I agree with you that their scripted programming has fallen off a bit.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members