TV Nation

NBC (ended 1995)

TV Nation Fan Reviews (4)

6.9
  • Voltaire! Satire?

the only point of Satire is make fun of truth, so think satire is made up would be stupidly pointless and Cleary are missing point because then would not have anything make fun off, just making up stuff is NOT Satire!

UNLESS BASED on true fact, normal taking to next logical extremes base last true mistakes

in fact without truth has ammo there no joke!
  • Michael Moore on television? Oh, yes.

This is a great show. I mean, a GREAT show. One day, it simply disappeared from my television. I had witty satire, interesting situations and it seemed to poke humor at everything.

But let's face it: Michael Moore is a propagandist and it has made him incredibly wealthy off of those who wish to believe the worst in humanity and about people in "power". Good satire and humor needs not be mired in "fact", however, and this is where Mr. Moore excels.

Ethos aside, however, this was a well done and entertaining popcorn-style documentary series. One episode I recall is where he drove a semi with a hammer and sickle emblazoned on the side across the deep south, which led to an encounter with some "yokel" police officers. Funny, funny stuff.

This program was the precursor to shows such as "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report", which have almost directly stolen from it. Had "TV Nation" been aired ten years after it actually was, it would have been a smash success.

Right wing, left wing, doesn't matter. This is a show worthy of anyones viewership. If you can, see it!
  • a great show from filmmaker Michael Moore.

This was a pretty good television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • We need more tv like this. I suspect that corp america paid to get this off the air.

I watched the Fox portion of this series that was on the air as a Summer Replacement program. I was blown away that Fox would even allow this on the air. Needless to say they did not have the final episode because it was preempted by a local rerun of no import.

I hope one of these days I will be able to collect the entire DVD version. Will Corp america allow it to happen.