Twelve O'Clock High

Aired Friday 9:30 PM Sep 25, 1964 on ABC

• Fine introduction to the General and a great representative what to expect from the first season.

This is another outstanding pilot episode for a great series. It does the entire first season justice.

We see the guts it takes to be a General, as well as the concern he shows his men. Between this and the first broadcast episode, we get a clear picture of the concern Brigadier General Savage has for his men. He really is a great leader and it is a shame the writers / producers didn't allow him to continue through the three seasons or at least promote him to an off screen position. (As they did with Major General Wiley Crowe.)

I found the episode enjoyable not just for the action, but for the drama involved in dealing with the emotions of those under the General's command. I found myself wishing I'd been older when I originally saw them in the 60s and had been able to appreciate the work place lessons they taught.

While we have books on teaching management style using Star Trek today, this series can also teach leadership and management skills.

I can only hope you'll have the opportunity to view this episode and series sometime.