Twice in a Lifetime

Double Exposure

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 22, 1999 on Ion Television

• Embracing your life's calling and standing up for yourself

This isn't as much a review as it is a note about how the story impacted me. Julie died and was charged with sloth: the aimless indifference to your responsibilities before God and man. That's the exact quote from the trial.

I had someone very close to me who behaved much like Julie did. I was impressed with how hard she had to work when she came back. In addition to having to find a way to strengthen her younger self to stand up to her mother, she has to waitress, wash dishes and help her single mom co-worker look after her son in exchange for a place to stay.

All my life I have had to stand up and fight for what's important to me, beginning with my first job as a teenager. Like Julie, I had to follow what was right for me, personally, academically and professionally, despite intense pressure to give into others' wishes. I could have easily lost my way like Julie did.

I love to watch shows that have personal meaning and that I can relate to me life experiences. Terrific! :)