Twilight Zone (2002)

Hunted

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 13, 2002 on UPN

7.6
  • One of the better episodes in my opinion. Here we get a taste of real Sci Fi...

7.8
    In a futuristic society there hasn't been any murders or any violent crime for 50 years. But how did "mankind" accomplish this? Then comes word that a savage beast from the past known as a "creeter" has emerged in the woods outside of the city and killed (4) hikers. A volunteer military team of (5) soldiers is sent to seek out and destroy the enemy and restore peace to the civilized society. But the savage killer proves to be a difficult foe to capture and the creeter is able to kill (3) of the soldiers while taking a 4th hostage. The creeter uses the captured soldier to lure the last remaining soldier to his hideout. But once inside the hideout we learn that the creeter has spared this soldier because the creeter believes the soldier can help save the creeter's pregnant wife. Yes, it seems that the creeter is in fact human. And the soldiers and the peaceful futuristic society, not human! They are all cyborgs. The soldier manages to surprise the creeter (which stands for "creator" by the way) and kill him. Thus killing the last known human. And with that the cyborgs peaceful way of life is restored.