Twilight Zone (2002)

Shades of Guilt

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Sep 25, 2002 on UPN

7.6
  • Do unto others as you would like for them to have done unto you.

This is an episode where the Golden Rule clearly applies, it is a relatively unique episode even among the twilight zone episodes, and deals specifically with prejudice in today's society.

It leaves a moral impression that few new TZ episodes leave. I personally believe this episode to be one of the best in the 2002 series.
  • A man who misses out the chance to help a man in need is forced to confront his prejudices.

This episode is about racism and prejedice and is an original, thought provoking story. A man who refuses to pick up a black man turns out to have missed an oppertunity to save a young professors life.Before he knows it, his whole face is changing shape and colour. He has becomes the black man he left to die, and is confronted by the harsh reality of racism.
    It's a thought provoking story about racism in America, and how most people like to pretend it doesn't exist when it so obviously does. It challanges stereotypes and gives food for thought, making it one of the best twilight zone episode of the new series. The two leads are superb, and it's a great story.
    Although I have to admit I would've probably drove off. Not because the guy was black, but because he could've been a psychopath or something. Black, white, asian I wouldn't care. I just wouldn't want to die. In that sense, I don't think the plot worked as well. It would have been betetr for the white guy to see the black man running for his life on the street and assume he was a criminal. The guy asks for help, but the white man pushes him off.
    Other than that, a superb episode.