A Twin Peaks Community
ABC (ended 1991)
The original cast of Twin Peaks took to the Internet in support of their show's creator and director, David Lynch.

Original cast members created a video in which each one completes the phrase, "A Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like...". The video is featured on a new Facebook page, the "Official Twin Peaks Cast run site". A better, higher resolution version can be found elsewhere, such as a Sky News article about the video.

Kyle MacLachlan was not in the video, but has already signed on to the project. (I assume those contracts have clauses against such things, and/or that professional ethics dictates that one shouldn't.)

So where do you stand? With the original cast and a co-creator of Twin Peaks, or with Showtime?

poll
(Late edit: Added this poll.)

Also, fwiw, Showtime is owned by CBS Corporation, which also owns TV.com.
17 Comments
Comments (17)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
May 24, 2015
He's back in! The two sides have mended what ailed their relationship and now Lynch is not only returning to the project but with him coming back the show is going to be more than the 9 episodes originally planned. All is well.
Flag
May 24, 2015
All is very well! Thanks for the update!
Flag
Apr 13, 2015
So frustrating... maybe there´s a alternative way to raise the money needed. But the I guess since Showtime has the contract they can do whatever they please. I really, really hope for the right outcome on this. TP without Lynch is just a diner cup without damn fine coffee!
Flag
Apr 12, 2015
This is the channel that ruined Dexter we're talking about... it's not surprising they've managed to alienate David Lynch. It's too bad he didn't take it somewhere else to begin with.
Flag
Apr 13, 2015
For better or worse, CBS Corp. owns both Showtime and Twin Peaks. Lynch didn't really have any other choice.
Flag
Apr 10, 2015
I'd side with lynch over showtime in a heartbeat without having much interest in this show. he has a more impressive (if not more numerous) list of credits than the entire freaking channel. showtime has never been more than 'good' at best and that quality has wavered dramatically. siding with them would be ridiculous.
Flag
Apr 10, 2015
We know who killed Laura Palmer, mostly ... so what I want to know is what was the story ark suppose to be?????? This alone would decide if the show would be a success with or without Lynch. If it was the same ark it would be like watching a trippy version of Cold Case. And if it was just a bunch of the same actors 25 years later it would be a trippy version of On Golden Pound meets Grumpy old men. And I'd hope it wouldn't be the trippy version of Back to the Future. Plus, lets not forget that David Lynch only directed about six episodes between both seasons ( 30 episodes) and Mark Frost did more writing throughout the series than Lynch did. So David Lynch not being part of it would feel like a betrayal (Which I would also feel), him not being there would not automatically mean the shows failure. And I've heard he already wrote some of it and has had discussion about it with Showtime which means all of that is owned by showtime so his writing and thoughts would still be there. And i heard it was issues with money and not story plot that cause Lynch to leave. So what I'm saying the long way around is that there is a possibility that the show could still be good, which, lets face it, is the most important thing. Is Mark Frost part of the project? I know he was suppose to write a book about what happened to everyone after the show ended.
More+
Flag
Apr 14, 2015
I'm guessing the story arc would have something to do with the giant freaking cliffhangers that the series left off on in 1991 - Has Agent Cooper been trapped in the Black Lodge for the last 25 years, did he get out, if so - when and how - if not then what has Killer Bob been doing for the last 25 years inhabiting Agent Cooper's body? Is Annie still alive? Who did or didn't survive the bank explosion? Did Leo ever escape Windom Earle's cabin? Is Earle actually dead after his encounter with Bob in the Black Lodge? Did Ben Horne die when Doc Hayward ran him into the fireplace mantle? What happened with the Nadine/Big Ed/Norma love triangle?

These are just some of the unanswered questions that fans have been waiting 25 years to get the answers to. Can both David Lynch and Showtime put aside their friggin' egos and get this done for the loyal fans that have stuck by the show for all these years!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Apr 14, 2015
hahahaha. Mark Frost is writing a book about what happened for the last 25 years that's suppose to be released in the fall ahead of the show, so it appears when it said see you in 25 years it meant 25 years for the characters as well as the show, so it, knowing David Lynch's writing, won't really anwser all your questions unless it's just Flash Backs...which still leaves me curious about what the plot will be.
Flag
Apr 10, 2015
Yeah, they (Lynch and Frost) have already turned in all 9 scripts. It's just a matter of who to direct (and star in, other than MacLachlan) for Showtime's idea of "good enough" that apparently doesn't measure up to David Lynch's idea of proper production quality.

According to Sherilyn Fenn's Facebook chat, the ideal would be two seasons of 9 episodes and then done for good. She remains hopeful that Showtime will see the light so that the issues will be resolved and all can return for this final run.
Flag
Apr 09, 2015
Wow, Kyle McLaughlin must really need the paycheck. His absence from that video made me lose a lot of respect for him. I'm pretty sure a lot of those people in that video were involved in the project when Lynch was attached. Sherilyn Fenn's being in it made me smile. McLaughlin could have made a statement to stand with his former costars. This project is soon going to be dead. No cast, no show. They needed the original fan base to have a chance and they've now alienated them all. Feel bad for David Lynch - first they cancel 'The Cleveland Show', now this....
Flag
Apr 11, 2015
Kyle McLaughlin's absence is a media beat-up. It's not like this was an official statement and he refused to contribute. Is it so hard to believe that they put this together spontaneously, and at that time he was busy? Perhaps filming for Agents of Shield or something?
Flag
Apr 12, 2015
As I said above, MacLachlan's silence is understandable and wise. Even the cast aren't trashing Showtime, but just affirming support for Lynch and the hope that Showtime meets his requirements.

As for Ray Wise, his tweet of 7-April shows that he's with the rest of the cast: "David @DAVID_LYNCH has my love and support #SaveTwinPeaks".
Flag
Apr 12, 2015
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Apr 11, 2015
I get it he's working a lot and nobody said anything about Ray Wise who is working and who wasn't in it either.
Flag
Apr 09, 2015
TP was pretty good, but like X-files the open-endedness of a TV series let it meander aimlessly down dead-end paths far too many times. Based on my high regard for Dune, my expectations of a limited TP would be much higher than the original. But whether Lynch is the best one to pull it off remains to be seen...
Flag
Apr 09, 2015
If it wewe Twin Twin Peaks without David Lynch and without all the the other cast members, it would be horrible. Recognising "Lucy' by hearing her voice is great
Flag
Apr 09, 2015
Her voice put a smile on my face, too. I wonder if part of that is because her character was one of the few that didn't change radically (darker or weirder) over the course of the series. Or because she mentioned doughnuts. :-)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members