Twin Peaks

Episode One "Traces To Nowhere"

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 12, 1990 on ABC

• The case goes on

A very good first step into the series, the episode is well written and extremely dream-ish. There is still so much I don’t understand but that’s what gives me the need to watch more of this show.

The most strangest thing about this show is definitely Laura’s mom who keeps seeing things, she sees Donna as Laura and then someone hiding in her house. Her screams are very creepy and shilling as well.

In this episode Donna and James continue falling inlove, James is released from jail when he told the truth to the investigators, well, except for the heart that Laura gave him. Bobby and his friend also get released but they don’t like James all that much, they are even thinking of killing him. I like the relationship of both sheriff’s a lot. They make a fun couple, one is the quiet weird one and the other is the talk-addictive weird one.

What I’ve liked a lot about the show is that it doesn’t take itself all that serious. With the log lady for example, and the fish in the coffee. The creep in the show is definitely Leo, what is he hiding? And why does his girlfriend keep staying with him? If I were her I would just leave him. Why does she let him hit her? Although this episode didn’t tell as much as the first one, it did have a better script and more than just a few storylines. I still think it has the soap-feeling to it. The two apparently bad guys are Kathrine and Audrey’s dad who are trying to ruin an asian woman’s life, who is dating one of the sheriff’s.

Even though I don’t like the soap-ish feeling to it. I do love the case and the mystery, I wonder who’s the guy that found Laura’s heart.