Twin Peaks Forums

ABC (ended 1991)

I've got good news...

grailwolf

[1]Oct 25, 2005
    • level: 55
    First of all, I'm surprised to see no activity on the forum. Back in the day, this was the hot show to talk about online.

But I do have good news to share, if any haven't heard yet. The long-awaited Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD set will be released in Spring of 2006, according to sources at Paramount. The original plan had been to release the discs at the end of 2005, but the set was delayed so that Paramount could bring in David Lynch to assist with the creation of new masters (as the old ones are in very poor condition after all these years).

From the horse's mouth:

The Vice President of Marketing for Paramount Home Video International wrote:
    We're still pulling materials together, we have a lot of good interviews from the cast and Crew in the bag, but the biggest issue facing us now is resting on the masters, which are in a pretty poor state. We're hoping to have Mr. Lynch oversee the creation of the new masters and also the creation of a new 5.1 soundtrack!

I'd say this calls for a celebration. Coffee and donuts all 'round!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sixgunsaint

[2]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 9
    Well I've been counting the days till this comes out. I can't wait to finally finish off the set with the second season. I'm still hanging onto my old ragged VHS copies until then....just in case. Unfortunately I heard news that they were going to rerelease the first season again, this time with the pilot packed in. Hopefully they'd release the pilot as a seperate disc, because Im not looking forward to plunking down the cash for another season 1. Season 2 though? I'm so there the first day it comes out.

And it is unfortunate that more people dont chat on this forum. I think there are far too many other TP message boards out there taking up all the good conversations.

jmichael79

[3]Nov 15, 2005
    • level: 20
    This is in fact all great news...

However, Lynch has been on a lecture tour across America and has been telling audience members that Paramount has yet to give him the go ahead on the 5.1 remix.

All major TV On Dvd websites and Twin Peaks sites agree that Paramount is aiming for an early '06 release, though.

If you want good TP discussion, there is a very very active forum at http://www.twinpeaksgazette.com

jesusofchicago

[4]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 3
    I was all pumped up thinking that the chewing gum I like was coming back in style...

...but this is good too!

CessPool

[5]Dec 21, 2005
    • level: 10
    Ya i feels like i been waiting for ever for this. I mean they even put out the ending movie before season 2.

grailwolf

[6]Mar 28, 2006
    UPDATE: There is some conflicting news about the Season 2 release. A German source (the magazine "DVD-Magazin") says that the set will be out there on June 1st, 2006. However, an article on TVshowsonDVD.com states that Lynch will begin work on the transfer for Twin Peaks as soon as he finishes working on the mix for his new film "Inland Empire" (which would mean that he would start in a month or so).

The good news is that either way it looks like we'll get our box set this year. And it's about time...

brighette

[7]Mar 30, 2006
    • level: 15
    Hmm, checked Amazon to see if I could pre-order, availability is listed as:

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

I hope this is coming out. I don't want to add it to my list of Twin Peaks disappointments...

1) No Season 3...
    2) No sequel movie...

elPistolerro

[8]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    Yay. My dad got season 1 on DVD for his birthday and I can't wait to see the rest when it comes out on dvd.

basvanschellen

[9]Apr 26, 2006
    • level: 5
    Seems like Amazon isn't the best way of figuring out when DVD's come to a release after all. I've been looking all over the internet and the only news I found is the same as already stated. When Lynch is ready with his current project, he'll take a look at some old Peaks-material. Hopefully they'll rescan the masters for a supernice HD version of Season 2!!

Frainc

[10]May 22, 2006
    • level: 6
    That's great news!! I have had Season One for ages now, i recently got into Twin Peaks, when I was younger it was on when I was in bed, so ive been catching up with the Dvds. Whats Season 2 like, does it live up to the standards of Season 1?

Frainc

Signal2Noise

[11]May 28, 2006
    • level: 7
    It's been like 3 years or something since S1, and to add insult to injury, no pilot! How do these people get away with releasing first seasons and then don't come through with the rest?

1crazyfan

[12]Jun 10, 2006
    • level: 1
    I hope they re-release Season 1 with the pilot, I didn't buy the first season because of that. So much happens in the pilot, that I can't believe they left it out. I just keep watching my crappy video tapes to get my fix. I will get season 2 as long as they don't cut anything out. God I love this show!!!

grailwolf

[13]Jun 22, 2006

A little, teeny bit more info about the release on TVShowsonDVD.com.

Also, about the pilot not being included in the first season set... basically, a different company owned the rights, so they couldn't be released together. If you want the whole story, I wrote an Amazon guide about it a while back. Just in case you're curious.

tellos0

[14]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    grailwolf wrote:

Also, about the pilot not being included in the first season set... basically, a different company owned the rights, so they couldn't be released together. If you want the whole story, I wrote an Amazon guide about it a while back. Just in case you're curious.

That's curious, since in the Portuguese edition, the Pilot was in the DVD Season1 Set.

grailwolf

[15]Jul 19, 2006
    Several non-US editions included the pilot, actually. I think that the issue of copyright works a bit differently on an international level. That or perhaps the same distribution company bought the rights to both libraries in those countries.

xblvr

[16]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 38
    Still waiting for Season 2...so upsetting...

scottgooding

[17]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 4
    I managed to get the pilot (as a stand alone dvd) through import from Amazon.com. Not very good transfer rate though, thankfully it's the actual pilot and not the TV movie they released years ago on video.

OrdogToxin

[18]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 18
    tellos0 wrote:
    grailwolf wrote:

That's curious, since in the Portuguese edition, the Pilot was in the DVD Season1 Set.

The pilot went up for licensing first, and one company in America got it, then S1 got optioned later and was licensed by a different company, however, since shows often take longer to cross national borders, by the time TP was being offered for a Portuguese transfer, it was a license set that included both the Pilot and S1, and so one company was able to attain the rights to it at once.

I think that's right...

OfficeDave

[19]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 2
    So which Pilot (US or European) fits the continuity better? I vaguely remember watching this with my parents and just picked up Season 1... The flashback sequence didn't help a lot... Where does Fire Walk With Me fit in?

Signal2Noise

[20]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 7
    Latest rumour is S2 will be released in April or May of 2007.

Linky: http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6640

Still no word on the pilot episode.