Twin Peaks Forums

ABC (ended 1991)

Just finished watching the entire show. Lingering questions.

ulysed

[1]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 1

Hey,

I just finished watching the show and there are a few things i either missed or it never said anyway i will ask anyway/

1- Who is Diane and how does she get the messages cooper leaves? I cant see him mailing them to her every time.

2- Who is the shawdow figure we see in the woods behind Leo when Bobby and Mike go to pick up the drugs in the football.

3- Near the last couple episodes of S2 it shoed 3 people hands start shaking (some random woman, dale, peter) whats up with that?

4- Why could Gordon only hear Shelly clearly?

5-Whats up with the Owls?

6- Who attacked Jacoby when he went to look for laura after watch the VHS left by James and Donna?

7- Whats up with Hank Jennings and the Dominos?

This was an awesome show im just so dissapointed by the ending its like the Carnivale ending all over again ugh.

Edited on 11/29/2007 1:03am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

grailwolf

[2]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 55
    It's been a while since I saw the series, but I'll see what I can answer.

ulysed wrote:
    1- Who is Diane and how does she get the messages cooper leaves? I cant see him mailing them to her every time.

Diane is Coop's secretary at the FBI. Every time he fills a whole tape he mails it to her and she transcribes it, takes notes, etc. We see him greet her in the office in the movie (FWWM) but even then we don't actually see her.

For more on how Dale's obsession with tape recorders, check out the book "My Life, My Tapes: A Twin Peaks Autobiography of Special Agent Dale Cooper". It's way out of print, but copies still turn up from time to time on Amazon or Ebay.

ulysed wrote:
    2- Who is the shawdow figure we see in the woods behind Leo when Bobby and Mike go to pick up the drugs in the football.

***SPOILER***

ulysed wrote:
    3- Near the last couple episodes of S2 it shoed 3 people hands start shaking (some random woman, dale, peter) whats up with that?

This was never revealed, but there is a great deal of speculation about it. Most recently, people have been talking about it in this thread . Honestly I think it may deserve its own thread, but there are too many possibilities to go into them all right here.

ulysed wrote:
    4- Why could Gordon only hear Shelly clearly?

This was also never explained, but honestly it was just a bit of comic relief. There's no need to explain it because it's just silly. Call it magick if you want.

ulysed wrote:
    5-Whats up with the Owls?

Many theories on this as well. My favorite

***SPOILER***

ulysed wrote:
    6- Who attacked Jacoby when he went to look for laura after watch the VHS left by James and Donna?

***SPOILER***

ulysed wrote:
    7- Whats up with Hank Jennings and the Dominos?

No big thing. He just carries a domino as a lucky piece. Anyway, they forgot about it after showing it two or three times. No deeper significance.

Of course all of the above are just my opinions, but they are based on many years of fandom and many hours of debate. I hope this helped!
    Edited on 11/29/2007 1:46pm

emphasizethis

[3]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 10
    I thought the ending was just INCREDIBLE! pick up the movie "Fire Walk With Me" asap.

ulysed

[4]Dec 4, 2007
    Thanks for the answers grailwolf, one thing i just found out about Hanks dominions is the number represent how many people he has killed and also the hands shaking thing supposdtly happends when the gateway is breached with the near conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn.
    Edited on 12/04/2007 2:14pm

jdmccallen

[5]Jan 26, 2008

Why can Gordon hear Shelly?

David Lynch is a hopeless romantic is all. true love and turning frogs into Princes' and all that good stuff.

GavinGibbons

[6]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 29
    i'd forgot about the owls until you mentioned it here, I always hate think about if the show had never been cancelled because we would have got so many answers to the little things (the hands shaking also) but such is life!!!

36th_Phantom

[7]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 9
    who was the tall giant????