Twin Peaks Forums

ABC (ended 1991)

Question about story (spoilers)

armagan

[1]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 1

I watched the first season and I have slim to none chance to watch the second. Can anyone please tell me the ending? Who killed her and why? I searched net throughly but every site is pretty determined not to give spoilers. I'd appreciate it..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Signal2Noise

[2]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 7
    I missed the last season when it was on and I'm impatiently waiting for the rest of the DVDs to be released. However, I think you can get a pretty good idea of the who's and why's by viewing the movie Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. It's a prequel of sorts.

4everafan

[3]Oct 11, 2006
    her dad killed her. he is bob. watch the movie fire walk with me. season 2 on dvd now

4everafan

[4]Oct 11, 2006
    yes a very important part of the twin peaks story. must see

Gubler_Gal

[5]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 13

To help you better understand..

From wikipedia: Born February 26, 1944, Leland's early summers spent at a beach house would change his life forever, when he met a strange neighbour who turned out to be a demonic entity named BOB who would possess him throughout his life. As an adult, he molested and raped Laura throughout her teens, all the while controlled by Bob. It is eventually revealed that Leland killed both his daughter and his niece while under Bob's control.
    Leland is eventually exposed and arrested by FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper and Sheriff Harry Truman. He dies in custody following a convoluted series of circumstances in the Sheriff Station on the night of his arrest. At the moment of his death, the memories of his actions while being possessed by BOB return to him. However, Leland also apparently sees a vision of his daughter as he dies. As Cooper explains to the widowed Sarah in the following episode, it was most likely Laura forgiving him and welcoming him into the afterlife.
    In the final episode of the series, "Beyond Life and Death", Cooper encounters what appears to be a doppelganger of Leland (or at least a representation of some aspect of Leland) in the Black Lodge, who tells him "I didn't kill anyone." What exactly is meant by this statement, or by Leland's sudden appearance, remains unclear. However, it is strongly implied by the episode's conclusion that in an ironic twist, Cooper himself has now become a new host for BOB

ispartacus75

[6]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 4
    I watched this series when I was about 15/16 and got completely hooked on it, so much so that I had the 'companion books' including the menu fro the RR Diner, and a page from the telephone book, along with a recipe for taxidermy if I believe.

Anyway got off track there a bit.

If I remember rightly shortly after the death of Leland Palmer Dale Cooper returned to his hotel room, and his demeanor had completely changed. My lasting memory of the scene is him laughing maniacally whil smashing his head against the bathroom mirror.

This confirmed for me that he had been possessed by BOB.

But it was a damn long time ago, so all of the above could have been one of my dreams lol.