Twin Peaks Forums

ABC (ended 1991)

Remake Twin Peaks?

iamralphiam

[1]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 6

Though I would rather see it remade with the old cast, the age problem would likely prevent it....

but i think if the show was remade now it would have had a lot more success than back then (there a lot more shows of its style mainstream nowadays) and I really wanted to know where the plot was headed (the ending of season 2; was that how the series was supposed to end or just the beginning? in any case it left me wanting more)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wr8280

[2]Sep 27, 2007

I will see you again in 25 years....

MEANWHILE............

Thats the only hope fans have for a remake with the original cast.

asutho

[3]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 17
    A remake would be the worst thing in the world... yes even worse than poverty (jokes), because TV has defiantly changed and audiences don't have to patience for a brilliant series like this, and they would struggle to understand the humor and brilliance, so either it gets cancelled faster than this series or they "update" the style and ruin it

GavinGibbons

[4]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 29
    i dont think a remake would be such a bad idea if there was involvment from the writers and producers... if it was to be something a bit like lost now (which itself is partly inspired by T.P) then i'd watch it

NptuneSunnydle

[5]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    wr8280 wrote:

I will see you again in 25 years....

MEANWHILE............

Thats the only hope fans have for a remake with the original cast.

I was thinking about this also, could we find out what happens in 25 years? I would watch this show for sure!

JBBO3314_basic

[6]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 5
    The sadiest thing I think is that if this show had came out in the internet era it would have lasted a bit longer. I fell people thought the show was so weird and they had no one to share it with, As far as a remake it wouldn't work. Just wish it would of came out a few years later.

razberry1

[7]May 22, 2008

I agree w/ a recent poster. A remake may be nice--it couldn't hurt anything...I watched it once, I suppose I would watch a more modern version...

goldtop2007

[8]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 14

I'm usually wary of remakes, afraid it will dilute the original vision. Why can't TP just be an inspiration to future series, like it has been already? Having had only brief, though intense success, it's more of a cult series. It's still is some of the most influential television ever made, because writers and producers loved it so much, and of course, because of it's originality.

Still, a remake would be an excellent way of introducing new people to the old show. The ones who can only love the David Lynch production don't have to watch the new one. I certainly would not - I want to keep the magic alive forever

I'd rather see Mulholland Drive turned into a show, directed by Lynch of course. I often wonder about how that show would have turned out..

sbhinyo

[9]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 13
    I would love to see a remake of this show. But i think it should be with the original cast. But maybe it won't be bad if it is remaked into a new series.

CoolUserName

[10]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    Part of the reason I love this show is the unpredictable nature of it. If they re-made it, it would lose that, so I'd leave it alone.

herbertanakin

[11]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 4
    Knight Rider, 90210, Twin Peaks??? Nah... maybe a sequel series. What happened to Cooper and 'how's Annie?'

KatRavenclaw

[12]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 1
    A continuation 25 years later could be great!!! Common don't you guys want to know what ever happened to Chester Desmond and Phillip Jeffries? What does the blue rose mean. Did Audry survive the explosion at the Savings and Loan? Did James ever come back? Was Ben Horne Donna's father or is there more to that story? Where did Harriet and Gersten go, they were in 1 episode and disappeared (Donna's little sisters)? Did Lucy have a girl or a boy?

Are there any weasels left?

How did Eileen loose the use of her legs?

Do Norma and Hank get married?

There's just so much more that can happen as well.

Lucy can enter the white lodge with her love for Dale. Of Major Briggs could go simply because of his loving nature.

Doesn't anyone want to see Leo loose his bite on the twine?

Mozart_Eleven

[13]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 3
    I wouldn't like to see a remake. For the most part, they just don't work and I think the original was so good that it would crash and burn. Even the new "Donna" in season 2 was hard to get used to. Great show, but I think it's had its day unfortunately.