Twin Peaks

ABC (ended 1991)

Twin Peaks Fan Reviews (66)

• David Lynch, I salute you

This is the greatest series I have ever seen.

It never gets old, really (It IS an old show from the early 90s, but even today it is still one of the best things ever produced)

Interesting plot, neverending excitement, great characters (BOB is the best example)

It is a real shame such a wonderful TV masterpiece ended so quickly with a cliffhanger no less...

But we still have imagination... do we?
  • It's like I'm having the most beautiful dream and the worst nightmare at the same time -Donna Hayward

An indescribibly brilliant show that was able to somehow blend all genres together. A compelling mystery, awkwardly bizarre humor, supernatural horror, and soap opera romance (in a Peyton Place parody style). David Lynch manages to capture all of the senses perfectly; giving the show a surreally calm but eerie feeling to it.
  • There's No Place Like Twin Peaks

David Lynch and Mark Frost decided to collaborate on the creation of Twin Peaks and it was a match made in heaven. Twin Peaks is undoubtedly the most surprising and original piece of television I have ever seen. There's just no telling what kind of magic you'll encounter in this fictional northern US town. Often the music and unusual camera techniques create atmospheres that are chilling, erotic and just.. different!

Many actors stand out, embracing their roles enthusiastically. MacLachlan, Beymer and Wise are riveting to watch throughout.

The only reservation I have to make, is that in season 2 and 3, Lynch is mostly not doing the writing (He was busy making Wild At Heart). The other writers struggled to channel Lynch's unique vision, as might be expected. I find it's still absolutely worthwhile seeing all three seasons.

Highly influential and groundbreaking; a must-see for everyone.

• An inspiration to remember.

For the first time in my life I find absolutely no trouble in connecting a number to a review. Why ?

Well :

Cast : 10/10

Directing : 10/10

Storyline : 10/10

Mystery : 10/10

Humor : 10/10

Horror / Thrill : 10/10

I could go on forever.

This series simply have it all. The only difficult thing is to write this down without having the possibility to write 10 pages +.

But in very short terms this is in my opinion not about a murdercase or what the "Black Lodge" really is. Nor is it about if the owls really are what they seem.

- This is about the interaction between the characters. Its about how much EVERY life in Twin Peaks is worth. And most of all : how much everybody really care about each others lives. This series is by far the most human, original and philosophical drama that has ever been in the history of television. It did change my perspective of what kind of person I will be. And especially what kind of world I would like to live in.
  • David Lynch! What else must i say? I hope nothing...

David Lynch! What else must i say? I hope nothing... He is a true genius! His movies (Lost Highway, Mullholland drive, etc.) are the best and most original nowadays. Twin Peaks: brilliant, dark, gothic (in its good meaning): it's like a poem (Edgar Allan Poe just to mention the greatest). Not for everybody, if you seek some easy fun, dont even get close to this. If you liked it I say try Lovecraft, Poe, Byron or something like that, you wont be dissapointed. But thats just an opinion, and i cant be objective, if its about Lynch. Sorry if my review has any faults left, i never learned english in school just in private.
  • This show is about a fictional small town of Twin Peaks, WA, but the show is filmed in North Bend and Snoqualmie, WA. Agent Dale Cooper is called investigate the murder of Laura Palmer, a high school homecoming queen, who is found wrapped in plastic.

I was a fan of the show since elementary school. I was nine years old and a third grader in grade school, when the show started. I was ten years old and the summer between fourth and fifth grades in grade school, when the show was cancelled. It's the greatest cult tv show of my generation. My most favorite characters are Laura Palmer (deceased) and Donna Hayward. Laura Palmer is the prototype of Lily Kane of "Veronica Mars". While Donna Hayward, Laura's best friend, is the prototype of Veronica Mars. Julee Cruise's music scores are great. It received 12 Emmy nominations, 3 Golden Globe wins, and 1 Golden Globe nomination. I was a fan of David Lynch since "Blue Velvet". The film director turned tv producer would make something that was so arthouse.
  • a show way out of it's time (spolier alerts!!!! major spoliers )

this show deat with the murder case of laura(i can not remember her last name sorry) a teenager name laura is mysterysly killed. she seemed like a regualar girl a girl with a great future. but as the case progresisis we find laura had a dark life. for the cast a fbi officer is called down. thanks to the audiance of the show they revealed the killer of laura. i think it was in season two. (by the way i hoped they would not reveal the killers name until the end of the show but people just lost their patience!!!)

the killer of laura is her dad!!!!

da da da!!!!

but laura was not the only case. while the fbi is in twin peaks he fall's in love and stays. there are many other cases. the last case would the the woods that is supposed to be dark. on the last episode the fbi agent was in the woods with the other officers when they leave he goes to his hotel. the other officers are in his bed room while he is in his bathroom. he is looking in the mirror and starts to laugh he hits his head against the mirror and continues to laugh.

that's right. this is how the show ends. but that's think to the company i think fox but i could be wrong. they kept changing the show's time and date so people could not watch it. they wanted to do another season but no one watched the show (again thinks to fox or what the channel was)

but if you have the time watch this show it is great. while laura case is going on there is soooo much more. i really would suggest watching this show. it's a great show.
  • A cult TV series, one of the best

Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee) is one of the most beloved residents of the small town of Twin Peaks, so it comes as a huge shocker when she is found dead. Special Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle McLaughlan) is called in to town to help with the case, and the possible murderers are many. Also in the town of Twin Peaks, or in the outskirt forests, are many secrets, and supernatural happenings. It's just so unique and bizarre. I loved all the characters even the minor ones. Twin Peaks is for the paranormal audience who can appreciate its dynamic creation. Twin Peaks is the best cult series ever. The characters are great the dancing dwarf, BOB, the Log lady and so on; plus the dreamy music is wonderful. Everyone should see this show and it should be noted that you really need to pay attention.
  • One of the best things you could hope to watch

Certainly the best thing I have ever watched on television. Twin Peaks is funny, scary, exciting, the characters are consistently engaging, the music's haunting, the writing's incredible, and half the time you watch, your eyes glued to the screen as you shout 'what????'. The first series is probably better - a far more compact affair, whereas the second season (which has attracted a huge amount of largely unfair criticism) is longer and does begin to tail off at points, leaving you with the impression that the writers aren't sure what to do. But even then, it's nothing but watchable. Even when the storylines become a bit silly, the show itself is so beautiful, the sheer madness of it so engaging that it doesn't matter. Great show. One of the best you'll find.
  • Hollywood take note - this is how to tell a story...!

Twin Peaks was so ahead of it's time when it was released - the interweaving storyline are extremely complex, but never baffling. Unfortunately shows like this are often doomed to failure - as you have to watch every single one (which the networks never seem to like).

If you haven't seen Twin Peaks yet, I strongly suggest you get hold of it any way you can. The characters are many and varied, the direction is at times pure genius, and the story is gripping and will have you guessing right up until the end. It's like the best novel I never read!
  • One of the best movies I had ever seen!

Twin Peaks is an interesting film. It is about reavealing the murderer of a girl. The fact is that on the path to this murderer lies another series of crimes, abductions and other criminal stuff. Also there are many misteries that have to be revealed by the detective. And in his mission he gets himself trapped in this whole mistery. In a certain episode the detective actually contacts the murdered girl, but not as a ghost. He talks to her in his dreams. There are also many funny things around there. For example in his first dream, I think, the girl tells him who killed her, but forgets it when he wakes up.

This is one very good movie. I hope you saw it!
  • The show that started with a murdered homecoming queen, and ended with the most original series finale ever.

What could possibly be said about this show that hasn't already been said?

I never had the pleasure to watch it while it was on ABC, because I was too young, and I lived in an area where we didn't get ABC. But, now having seen the show, I now realize why everybody raves about it, because it is that good. The fact that Dale Cooper is an upstanding person is extremely refreshing, even 17 years after the initial broadcast. If you look at some of the shows that are on now, all the main characters that are male are either a bad ass, or a suave and arrogant. Dale Cooper isn't that, he's a nice guy. Each character is great, and they each have their own uniqueness to them, and that can't be said about a lot of television shows on now. This show is truly an American classic, and I could rattle off episode by episode what makes this a great show, and tell you about scenes, but I'm not. This show is best to be seen by your own eyes, and then make of it what you will. Television is better medium because of this show, it helped improved the landscape. I've seen on places where people complained that the show lost something after the killer of Laura Palmer was revealed, I disagree I think the show still held up nicely.
  • The untimely death of a young woman leads a FBI agent to unravel the secrets of life in a strange small town.

The untimely death of a young woman leads a FBI agent to unravel the secrets of life in a strange small town. Yes, Laura Palmer is dead. This beautiful young woman was found murdered. Special Agent Dale Cooper is called to the town to figure out who did it. Twin Peaks boasts a terrific diner with a damn fine cup of coffee, gorgeous scenery and a host of insular citizens from whom Cooper must coax the details of the victim's life and disappearance. Who last saw her alive? What were her friends like? Why does the truth look so much stranger than fiction? This show was crafted by a crew including legendary art filmmaker David Lynch. He continued his tradition of 'fever dream'-like visuals that took the viewer in and out of a surreal dream world just under the surface of reality. It stands today as one of the most jarring, puzzling but richly rewarding series in the history of television.
  • What a fantastic ensemble!

If Twin Peaks could have aired ten years later, it would have been SO HUGE!! It was a truly fantastic show, but had the misfortune of airing at a time when America wasn't ready for serial-type dramas.

Now with TiVo and episode downloads, people don't worry so much about missing an episode.

With a phenomenal cast, gripping plot and hilarious dialogue, I don't think I could ever tire of watching this show.

I love how every little detail in the investigation of Laura Palmer's death turned out to be important, and how Agent Cooper was always a step ahead of everyone else.
  • Dark and Deliciously Insipid

This show rocked! It's characters were weird, sexy, dirty and downright ugly. It successfully blurred the lines between reality and fantasy, presenting the evil side of human nature alongside a slim vision of hope. Long before Northern Exposure and X-Files, Twin Peaks was exploring screwed up relationships, the macabre and the paranormal without excuses or misgivings.

If you're a Lynch fan, you'll love the series. It's full of symbolism and allusion, disjointed plot lines, funky camera angles and all manner of strangeness. The theme music is an excellent accompaniment, deftly capturing the mood of the series.

Sadly, Lynch did not direct all the episodes and some of these, during Season II, stick out like sore thumbs. Despite this, directors attempted to maintain a mostly Lynchian visual style.
  • The best tv show... perhaps ever.

Twin Peaks was the strangest thing on tv in the early 1990s when it aired... and it still remains as one of the creepiest, darkest, wackiest adventures ever to air on network tv. It was brilliantly written, passionately acted by a stunning ensemble cast, and utterly captivating, even in its insanity and second-season moments of painful chaos. David Lynch is an absolute master of his own peculiar genre in film. Considering his penchant for all things bloody, deranged, and non-linear, however, one might think that TV might not be the best venue for his talents. But somehow he created (along with other very talented people) an incredibly smart and eager show that actually managed to seem normal enough on the surface (as all Lynchian scenarios do, at the beginning) that it created a fan base. And he took us on a wild ride through the town of Twin Peaks, where we were scared of what might come next and enchanted by the possibilities. It was in the second season that, sadly, Lynch's exuberant madness became a little too much for the TV genre. But even with only 2 seasons, I think that Twin Peaks was one of the, if not the, best television show to have ever aired. It broke all kinds of molds (the camera angles! The lighting! The soundtrack! The s...l...o...w moments that are usally only allowed in films, and independent dramas at that!) and can't be matched for the sheer richness of it. Everything from Cooper's tortured Philadelphia history to Ben and Jerry's trips across the water had layers and layers of meaning and allusion -- a level of complexity that I don't think network TV has ever shown before, and probably never will again.
  • The death of a promising young woman leads an intrepid law enforcement officer to unravel the secrets of life in a highly strange small town.

Laura Palmer is dead.

The beautiful young woman was found murdered, and no one seems to know who did it, nor who would want to. Special Agent Dale Cooper is called to the town to figure out why.

Twin Peaks boasts a terrific diner, gorgeous scenery and a host of insular citizens from whom Cooper must coax the details of the victim's life and disappearance. Who last saw her alive? What were her friends like? Why does the truth look so much stranger than fiction?

'Twin Peaks' was a law unto itself.
  • I think about this show all of the time. A great murder mystery with fantastic writing. Writen by the Guy who did the movie "Blue Velvet" I think his name was David Lynch.

What a great show this was. There is a missing girl from the town on Twin Peaks who is found dead around a train I think. The FBI sends an agent to investigate the murder. Special Agent Dale Cooper is the man sent to handle things. This was a town that appeared to only have bizarre people in it. A lady had a patch on her eye and if I remember correctly she would switch which eye it was on. Agent Cooper had to deal with all the strange people as well as trying to solve the crime. I wish this show was still on or they could make something like it and catch that lightning in a bottle again.
  • Great quriky murder mystery.

How very odd. I was just thinking tonight how no show had my gripping interest since Twin Peaks. I thought the writing was excellent and the casting was near perfect. Talk about odd and quirky, there was just a commerical for Myth Busters or is it Mythbusters? Anyway, they are doing an episode on exploding pants. Exploding pants, is this really a problem somewere? Maybe in Twin Peaks it might be, but not in the real world. Well, I think Kyle McGloclin was great as the lead. I don't know why other people got tired of it i wanted it to keep going.
  • Offbeat, at time bizarre, crime drama. I've never seen anything like it.

What a great show. A missing girl from the town on Twin Peaks is found dead. The FBI is called in to investigate. Special Agent Dale Cooper is chose for the task. Agent Cooper had no idea what he was getting himself into when he first stepped foot in this crazy town.

This was a town that appeared to have zero normal people in it. Some people had patches on their eye for no apparent reason. Midgets talking backwards and in rhymes. Agent Cooper had to deal with all the strange happenings as he tried to discover the killer of this young girl. A great show that was canceled way too soon. I would love to see another show like this.

• Brilliant. Just about the perfect show. It was edgy, strange, artistic, well-written and often unsettling. Sparse humour softened the black scripts--always witty or touching; never silly, smarmy or apologetic. The show revelled in its darkness, which

This show challenged its viewers just as the films of David Lynch do. Those who thought found it too silly or unbelievable were trying to understand the show as a simple narrative -- a form Lynch simply does not understand. His work is based on impression, suggestion and atmosphere. I suspect he may have begun his career as a painter, based on how he uses filmstock to create an animated canvas.

Does this make it good? It depends on what you like. If narrative is what you want and if you want a show to eventually reveal rational answers for all of the questions that arise, you will hate Lynch's work. As in real life, he leaves many things unknown. Likewise, if you believe in a static reality that is experienced the same way by most sane people, you will hate this show. Lynch develops a reality that is subjective and dramatically affected by inprepretation and perspective, and develops this reality through the varied perceptions of his characters.

I take it back - he may have been a psychologist in a past life, he is so keenly aware of the vagaries of perception and that "normal" is a concept that makes for tidy categorizations but rarely applies in real life.

For those who believe that normalcy, sexuality, sense of humour and morality are fluid concepts that cannot be defined by firm categories, Lynch's work provides an odd comfort zone, exposing a complicated reality that those on the fringe can easily relate to. For those who feel most comfortable on solid ground where facets of humanity can be easily categorized, Lynch is sure to provide a bumpy and unsettleing ride.

For Lynch, the stories are secondary. Exploring the complicated inner world of the human mind is the key.

That said, the stories of Twin Peaks were compelling and in many ways, starkly real. A brilliant show, sure to be loved by anyone who adored Mulholland Dr. or other of Lynch's surreal works.

Warning: this show gets weirder as it goes along.

• An amazing achievement in television.

Twin Peaks contains the most bizarre characters (for instance Nadeen, the one-eyed lady with super-strength), situations, and events in any television show to date. The mystery of finding the murderer of Laura Palmer proved baffling and strange, while the Windam Earl conflict was thrilling. Even the vast number of minute sub-plots contained will peak your interst untill the very end. My only gripe, is that it ended far too early. This lead the to many unresolved issues such as the whole Josie dresser knob thing and the truth behind the white and black lodges, neither of which were actually entered. The series also ended very depressingly and I pray for David Lynch to make an epilog movie to show that what happened with Cooper is resolved.
  • unique and influential

This show has had many a influence on me over the years, both on my personal life and on my professional life. The writing is so amazing it is out of this world. The characters are so strange but so real. The atmosphere is right on target. David Lynch, especially, is a master at portraying the most basic, deep, and raw aspects of human nature beautifully (but not always positively)in its surrounding nature.Nothing I have seen on television since has matched it in quality.For the longest time I was angry with how it ended yet now I think there could have been no better, sadder, mysteryous ending than that.After 15 years, I keep on finding new things after every screening.
  • Absolutly the best of ever in this cathegory!

It's is hard to say anything from this genious show. This was the first serious in the Tv, that showed us, TV freeks, that there can be Hollywood-like series int the Tv too! It shocked us, it was terribly funny in the beginning, and incredibly addictive. You laughed in the beginning of a moment, and in the end of it you wanted to cry. Why? Why was it so ONE and only? What was the magic in it? You have to see it for yourself. It's a typical work of the famous director David Lynch! Angelo Badalamentis music is so incredibly good, like John Williams's in Star Wars. The actors made a proffesional job. You believed every moment, it was so real, and so unreal in the same way. The feelings in your heart and soul are so difficult to explain, as you watching it... Have a try!!!
  • Twin Peaks changed the way I look at telivision.

Twin Peaks changed the face of te"love"vision for this viewer. I had never before been so intrigued, frightened, and sometimes confused by a telivision show. "Bob" sometimes, still keeps me awake at night. If you have never tasted the cherry pie and cup of joe that is "Twin Peaks", please give it a try. Shows like "Lost" (another favorite) survive today because "T.P" forged the way. A beautiful series, I miss it dearly.
  • I really don't understand what we're supposed to write in here... Is it our favorite epsiode? Can't pick one! Lol!

Twin Peaks is one of the most amazing tv shows to have ever graced the television universe! It's a show like no other, with a breath-taking story treatment. I must confess I probably watched it too many times, but it's so absolutely well done. I'm spleechless when it comes to Twin Peaks, you either love it or just plain don't get it. I love it and will always be thankful for the genius of David Lynch. He is extraordinary!
  • One of the best shows ever made!

I just newly started seeing Twin Peaks (I have seen the hole season 1) but what a show. This Series has everything
    Drama, comedy, mystery, romance, crime, horror you name it. I just love all the characters they are just right especially the “Log Lady”. The feeling over the town of Twin Peaks is also fabulous that’s really interesting is that there’s really no character that can call he or her innocent. So what can I give Twin Peaks but a big ten and call it one of the best shows ever made.
  • This is the best show of all time- stop ragging on it!

If ever you hear people who are dissapointed in a current show comparing it to Twin Peaks, don't listen to them-they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
    This show rules, because there's nothing missing- comedy: Windom Earle's Log Lady disguise; noir: Jose and Eckhart; tearjerker: Laura's murder is announced; mystery: who killed Laura Palmer; tension: Cooper held hostage; horror: BOB, and answers! Yes, all you need to do is watch the episodes and the film in order, and all is revealed, although not in boring/ simple exposition, by the story's end we find out everything- who killed Laura, and the nature of her murder, what happened to Cooper in the Black Lodge, the relevance of the ring, the owls, the blue rose. Immerse yourself in the world of Twin Peaks, and the answers become clear- more than that, the questions become logical.
    So there are still some things which are not fully explained, such as the backwards talk in the Black Lodge, but the whole point is that it is a place which defies explanation, and so dramatically it works better this way. Other unimportant mysteries, such as the nature of the little man from another place have even been explained since- he is Mike's (BOB's ex killing partner) severed arm.
    Much remains open to interpretation, but the mystery is solved in full by the end. All that we do not get is closure, but with the sheer strength of that final cliffhanger, any continuation of the original characters would be bound to dissapoint.
    There's never been a better time to give this show a chance (although there will be once they finally release the season 2 DVD), so try it- you won't be dissapointed.
  • Of all the hit dramas on television, Twin Peaks is one of the very best. It had it all...mystery, interesting characters, good plot with twists, and comic relief. I am glad it's been released on video, I can't wait for season 2 to come out on dvd.

Of all the hit dramas on television, Twin Peaks is one of the very best. It had it all...mystery, interesting characters, good plot with twists, and comic relief. I am glad it's been released on video, I can't wait for season 2 to come out on dvd. For all those who "don't get it" or thought it was a waste of time, watch it again, just a couple of episodes. You may just find its quirkiness refreshing. Especially with all the reality and detective shows on tv now. This was a twist and a look at how even small towns can have very large problems.
  • One of the most influential TV shows of the 1990s ... and in my personal top 10 shows of all time.

Even after being off the air for well over a decade Twin Peaks has lost none of its quirky and queasy power to get under your skin and haunt your dreams. This show is addictively wicked.

Black humour and spooky moments abound in this brilliant David Lynch production. It is a series you would need to watch from the very start to follow the complicated twists and turns in the plot ... but it is well worth the effort.

Twin Peaks is about the investigation into the murder of local girl Laura Palmer. As the story unfolds it becomes apparent that no one is as they appear in this town (and that includes eccentric FBI investigator, Agent Dale Cooper).
    To say the characters are quirky is putting it mildly, it may be more accurate to say they are verging on the insane which certainly makes it impossible to figure out who the murderer is ... most of the population of Twin Peaks have secrets they don't want exposed.
    This series became cult viewing in the 90's and it is easy to see why. David Lynch has produced a masterpiece that dares to be different and makes no apology for it. Brilliant, bizarre, funny, moving, it will make you laugh and cry.

Highly recommended.