Two and a Half Men

A Jock Strap in Hell

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 20, 2008 on CBS

• While shopping for Jake, Charlie and Alan see Miss Pasternak, Jake's former 5th grade teacher. After a fling with Charlie she had a break down and is now a stripper. Charlie feels remorse and tries to help by giving her a job tutoring Jake.

I think that I first noticed Alicia Witt when she played Cybill Shepherd's daughter Zoey Woodbine on Cybill. Then, I was acutely aware that she played an insecure clarenetist in Mr. Holland's Opus. Lately she has been seen as Detective Nola Falacci on Law & Order: Criminal Intent, where her partner is Detective Mike Logan (Chris Noth--Mr. Big from Sex and the City). Not only is she beautiful and intelligent, she is also musically talented, playing piano at the classical concert level. She really did not hold back on Two and a Half Men, as her lap dance with Alan was both angry AND sexy. She gave good crazy melt down too, as her sudden religious conversion was a sight to behold. The sight of Berta in her Sunday Go to meeting duds itself was worth the price of admission. The final scene, with her red head peaking over the veranda of Charlie's Malibu beach house was priceless. Is there a new stalker in Malibu? She will certainly give Rose a run for her money, and I am looking forward to her appearing in episodes to come.

Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer have really hit their stride as a comedy duo, but Angus T. Jones, the half man, is in a kind of awkward age (there was an episode of Leave it to Beaver that dealt with this topic, and in it there was a magazine article entitled 'the Awkward Age'). Thankfully, he was relegated to a one joke role, a running gag which soon wore thin about about jock straps. I think the writers will come up with a way to handle him, but they seem to be having a hard time adjusting to the fact that he is no longer a cute kid. They will have to work a little harder integrating him into the comic formula that is Two and a Half Men, just like parents have a hard time adjusting to their little babies going through adolescence. I have faith that they will find a way, because they have certainly found the silver lining with Charlie Sheen growing older. An aging rake tries to act mature and do the right thing, but is thwarted at every turn. Comedy gold! Guest stars like Alicia Witt don't hurt, either!