Two and a Half Men

An Old Flame With a New Wick

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 01, 2004 on CBS

• Fantastic Episode

Best Ever Episode. Charlie is perfect in this episode. Normally Jake makes the episodes great, but even in this episode he only plays a small role. Thats how good this episode is. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
  • HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

Without a doubt one of my favorite episodes of the series. Charlie meets up with a former girlfriend- "Former" being the objective word because she's now a man, meaning Charlie's hedonistic ways have come back to haunt him in a form nobody could have imagined.

When Charlie brings his "new" friend home, Alan remains oblivious while their mother instantly swoops down and pursues a romance with the handsome newcomer. Alan & Charlie are both disgusted by this- both for different reasons.

I think what makes this episode so funny is the reactions of the various characters as they learn Bill's secret. Charlie drinks, Alan is dumbfounded and Berta-as always- watches gleefully as everything comes to a conclusion.
  • "Jill?" Asks Charlie. "Bill" Replied Jill. "NOOOOOOOO" Whined Charlie. "Yes" Replied Bill.

Holy MOTHER OF GOD

Wow, for the 18th episode, Charlie remembers a time with a woman named Jill. They planned to go and meet at the bar but when Charlie finds out: Oh crap. Jill is now Bill, he was a man stuck inside a woman's body and now he's back to his old self. So, Charlie brought him home where Evelyn formed a special relationship with Bill while Alan and Berta learned the awful truth about Jill, he's ... Bill! Voila. What a fantastic episode with some of the highest laughs in the first season of the show, non-stop entertainment from start to finish!
  • One of Charlie's old girlfriends has become a man.

The sex change episode is common practice in sitcoms, so it was only natural for Two and a Half Men to do it. Chris O'Donnell (Scent of a Woman, NCIS: Los Angeles) played that role tonight and it is shocking to know that this man was once a huge movie star as he was not particularly funny or engaging here tonight.

Charlie and Alan's performances also seemed a bit phoned in and if you factor in Berta being super annoying and getting a lot of screen time, you do not have the equation for a really good episode.

Funny at times, but not 2.5 Men quality.

This is one of the first times I have watch 2 1/2 Men, and I thought to myself, why not start with the highest rated episode on TV.com as of today's date. The episode was pretty good, and I got a couple laughs in. But I thought if this is the best episode of this show? I can't imagine the quality of the rest of the episodes, since this episode was just good, not superb or anything.

Regardless of my doubts about this show, I really enjoyed this episode. From the surprising sex change, one of Charlie's old girlfriends becomes a man, to him dating Charlie's mother. The whole thing was ridiculously funny, which is probably why this episode did so good in the ratings.

Overall a good episode that was funny at times, I guess I just expected more from the best episode of TV.com.
  • Two and a half men!(Jill/Bill) An Old Flame with a New Wick. HILARIOUS

"Good luck with penis"
    Comedy is taken to other level! This is one of the funniest episodes I have ever seen. Such a creative episode. "if I had a nickel for every woman I have slept and return after 5 years turned into a man, I had a nickel!". Charlie is waiting to meet in a bar an ex-girlfriend from 5 years ago. Charlie thinks he was dumped, until a man shows up and start talking. After some minutes Chrlie realizes "Oh no! Jill?" -"Bill". Then, Bill feels alone and with no friends, he asks if he could go to his house. Being in the house, he/she meets Evelyn who starts hitting on Bill. Next, Alan is amazed his mom is dating a guy who she doubles the age, and Charlie says "yeah, that's the problem". Then Alan realizes and Jake appears asking what's going on, and both Charlie and Alan react "Go to your room! Go to your room!". Then Berta realizes and she is the most happy to tell Evelyn. But finally Bill tells Evelyn. Evelyn just realize Jill slept with Charlie, she passes out, and Berta is most pleased "there you go! Well, I'm out of here." Awesome!
    Unbelievably funny. And Alan's list was hilarious.
    Evelyn: "He knows what I like in bed."
    Charlie: "He knows what I like in bed!!!" And still Evelyn acceeds to date him, again. Fantastic episode that makes you laugh out loud!
  • `My Mother and I slept with the same dude ...`

Where`s `hilarious` on the classification? Because even thats not good enough to decribe this show. It is original, funny, and it hasn`t got an episode anyone with a sense of humour can say ``I watched it and didn`t laugh once``.It has the best quotes and every character is funny, and then there was this episode.The titles are even funny! An old flame with a new wick!The first season isnt as good as the others, but this is the best episode.I watch this in England and it`s on `primetime` twice a week at 9`o`clock.But not anymore since the third season finished airing.I cannot believe that the funniest show on the channel is only on at 3`o`clock, and even that`s repeated from 10 in the morning.If you get anyboy with a sense of humour to sit down and atch this show it will become one of their favourites
  • Very funny episode!

I've watched an episode here or there, mostly just parts of them, not all that impressed with the show. It's not bad, but it's kind of average.

And then I saw this episode. I was laughing out loud numerous times; the script was witty and clever and the actors were excellent as well. I know both Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer are great comedians, and they had chemistry even back in "Hot Shots", but this episode really lifted.

If you want a good laugh, watch this episode! Much better than most episodes of "Friends", "Spin City" or the likes.