Two and a Half Men

Baseball Was Better with Steroids

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 18, 2009 on CBS

• Disappointing can describe this episode.

A lot of TV finales for the 2008-2009 season have been disappointing, and nothing more special than what you get on a weekly basis from the respective program. But Two and a Half Men's Season 6 swan song was probably the worst of the season, which is quite an accomplishment as I enjoyed this year for the most part.

Sure, Alan reciting the "flashing light....meteor" bit four times was good for a few laughs, but the whole thing just felt very out of character. Herb is usually a fresh and welcome addition to the cast when he shows up but he was used for nothing more than to slip and fall, physical comedy. This reminded me of Andy Dick's character on Newsradio where he would fall out of his chair or over a wire every single episode. Funny the first time, nauseating after that.

The ending, while intriguing, was out of character as well. Charlie, a lifelong bachelor, now suddenly can't choose between two women, not to sleep with and run from, but to get married to? My how things have changed in Malibu.
  • slapstick overkill

this episode relied on slapstick,never ever a good sign for any show,alan getting back together with that lady(sorry can't remember name) was kinda pointless especially since im almost positive that it won't last a long time or at least for the rest of the series.Mia coming back im pretty sure was because the writers eithier didn't know what to do for the finale or they have run out of ideas.the only reason why shows do that is if they run out of ideas or it is highly anticipated or wanted for the character to com back. I for one had completely forgotten about mia because she wasn't mentioned since early season 4,thus me not caring and moving on.
  • Charlie starts doupting about his engagment with Chelsea when hears Mia is back in town, divorced. Charlie, Alan and Herb all take Judith to the hospital where she gives birth to her new child. Alan comes back with Melissa.

The 6th season ends with Judith having a baby who could be Alan's, Charlie having doupts of his engagement with Chelsea after hearing Mia is back in town, and Alan getting back with Melissa. The series will be renewed for a 7th, 8th and 9th season so the next one wont be the last one. The season ends with a cliffhanger with Charlie meeting Mia at the coffee house, there the questions rise: "what will happen in there?", "Will Charlie marry Chelsea?", "Does Mia still feel something for Charlie?", "Who will Charlie choose: Chelsea or Mia?" Not knowing what will happen, the next season will reveal it. I personally think it was a great finale and that the next season might be even better...
  • A great ending to a mediocre Season. Alan attempts to write a screenplay, and Charlie and Chelsea's relationship takes a twist of maturity, and history.

A few seasons ago, Charlie nearly settled down and got married in Vegas to Mia. After attempting to throw Alan out, Charlie dropped Mia, just for Alan to move out with Candy, and soon move back in.

In Season 6, Charlies settling down again with Chelsea. A witty and pretty girl who puts Charlie in his place, and doesnt listen to everything he says.

Their relationship continues in this episode, when Charlie gets a refusal for sex, because their relationship is maturing.

Alan bumps into Mia in the coffee shop, and she asks about Charlie, perhaps suggesting she is after him.

Charlie wonders whether Mia is after him, and starts to question his commitment to Chelsea. I havent been a very fond fan of Chelsea. She doesnt fall under the class of women Charlie would date. Shes sexy and she plays along with that characteristic because she knows Charlie likes that, however she is very controlling and bossy, and has affected Charlie's character.

Mia's return shall shake up the show. Charlie has clearly shown he still has feelings for Mia, and Chelsea will not be happy with this. She is a very smart and stern woman, and she will latch onto this situation, and make Charlie's life hell. Mia may have to fight Chelsea to get to Charlie, but Charlie would happily let Mia in. I think that Season 7 will be very interesting in terms of what happens. Not only do we have the Charlie-Chelsea-Mia Love Triangle, which will be chaos, but also Judith has just had another baby, which could be Alans. This will be trouble for Alan, who has Herb to deal with if he discovers that the childs DNA is with Alan. Well... I write that but it is not guaranteed just yet. That will be discovered soon enough.

I think the choice to have Judith pregnant was to bring a new character into the show. A new Jake. Male or Female. Jake lost his cuteness around Season 5, but definately in Season 6. His toilet humour and weight issue jokes are no longer amusing. His maturity means he must now involve himself with women, which Jake doesnt pull off effectively. This new character will restore the cuteness and innocence of a child who doesnt understand the grown-up world that everybody lives in at the Beach House.

I think that will be another reason why Season 7 will be more interesting. Obviously whilst the child is a baby it wont be as amusing, but I'm certain we'll jump several years into the future for the sake of the child growing up. Preferably this will happen after several episodes of Season 7.

Alan also reunited with his old Receptionist Melissa in this episode. It made one thing clear. Alan has met "the one". Alan has never had his way with women. His love life has been unsuccessful with his creepy obsessive personality and the fact that he's practically gay - apart from he's not... his drive for women is his only masculine feature. Melissa accepts Alan for who he is, and cannot be separated from him. I think this suggests that Melissa is probably going to end up with Alan unless he does something else terrible, like be the Father of Judiths new baby!!!

It's all kicking off in this series. Everything has just hit a high and there's going to be some good scenes in the future.

Keep your eye on episodes following this one. And this episode was fantastic. I've noticed it's recieved mixed reviews, but compared to most episodes this season, it has been tremendous! And it has its usual chaotic finale moments where almost every character gets brought together. The uniting of everybody reminds you of everything that occurs in this series, and why it is so fantastic. I think this series has several seasons left in it, and I cannot wait for the next one in particular.
  • Suddenly a flash of light appears in the sky and a flaming meteor plummets to the earth...

Not the best way the end the season, but still the episode had some funny stuff. We had a lethal overdose of slapstick humor, with Ryan Stiles breaking every bone in his body. I am not a huge fan of this type of comedy, and it doesn't fit in with the likes of this show.

The chemistry between Charlie and Alan though underutilized, has given us some good moments. Chelsea also has some funny lines here and there. Jake is getting a stale with his fart and food jokes. Going forward, I forecast his screen time to only hit rock bottom. Decent episode.
  • Psychological story of Mia returning and Charlie trying to sort out his feelings. Alan is writing the great American blockbuster and wants to get back with Melissa. Judith is finally having her baby. Herb Melnick (Ryan Stiles) is frickin hilarious!!!

If not for Ryan Stiles I would have rated this an 8.5. The man is a physical genius. The sequence in the hospital at the end is downright hilarious.

Charlies situation is a little more complicated but why I don't know. He is in a healthy relationship with Chelsea. I like Chelsea and it is interesting to see a healthy honest women in the house. I could do for a season of this. The second Charlie hears Mia is around his ears perk up like one of my cats and he starts to sniff the air. Why is Mia calling his number late at night when she knows he's living with someone. Also with all the coffee shops in LA why does she keep showing up at the one Charlie and Alan are at?

So will Charlie screw up his latest relationship to get back with Mia. How long will Chelsea put up with Charlies behavior. Will Alan end up with Melissa again? Will Herb keep breaking body parts? How are Judith and the baby? Will Jake be as annoying next season as he was this one? Will we ever find something that Berta is willing to clean up? I guess we'll find out next season on Two and a Half Men. Thanks for reading.
  • Laugh Out Loud, Yet Disappointing Ending.

For the first time ever, I think I'm almost to dumbfounded to review this episode. As far as comedy goes, it was one of the best laugh out loud episodes of the entire series. But as far a Season Finale storyline goes...It Sucked!. This episode had the feel of a mid season "Filler" episode. There was no real conflict, nothing got solved, and there was no real cliffhanger. The final minute of the show could have easily been in the first 5 minutes of the episode and it wouldn't have made a difference.

There was no dialogue furthering the storyline with Alan possibly being the baby's father, they didn't even really touch on it. Mia and Charlie see each other at the end of the episode, and Nothing. This would have been the perfect time for Charlie to admit feelings to Mia, or at least Mia ask Charlie to come back to her.

At least I don't have to count down the moments until next fall's thrilling conclusion. the writers really dropped the ball on this one.