Two and a Half Men

Baseball Was Better with Steroids

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 18, 2009 on CBS

• Disappointing can describe this episode.

A lot of TV finales for the 2008-2009 season have been disappointing, and nothing more special than what you get on a weekly basis from the respective program. But Two and a Half Men's Season 6 swan song was probably the worst of the season, which is quite an accomplishment as I enjoyed this year for the most part.

Sure, Alan reciting the "flashing light....meteor" bit four times was good for a few laughs, but the whole thing just felt very out of character. Herb is usually a fresh and welcome addition to the cast when he shows up but he was used for nothing more than to slip and fall, physical comedy. This reminded me of Andy Dick's character on Newsradio where he would fall out of his chair or over a wire every single episode. Funny the first time, nauseating after that.

The ending, while intriguing, was out of character as well. Charlie, a lifelong bachelor, now suddenly can't choose between two women, not to sleep with and run from, but to get married to? My how things have changed in Malibu.