A Two and a Half Men Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on CBS

BATTLE OF THE HEADLINES NEWS

... Oh no! Ratings powerhouse NCIS is losing one of its most beloved characters as it heads into its butt-kickin' eleventh season. Cote de Pablo, who plays fan-favorite agent and delightful butcherer of the English language Ziva, is leaving the CBS hit... soon. De Pablo will appear in Season 11 for an unknown number of episodes, to wrap up her story and then move on with her career. [TVGuide.com]

... Oh yay! Sci-fi sweetheart Summer Glau will be joining the second season of The CW's Arrow, in what can only be described as "what took so long?" news. She'll play Isabel Rochev, the vice president of a company looking to execute a hostile takeover of Queen Industries. And if she's like the Isabel Rochev from the DC Comics universe, she won't be too fond of Oliver Queen. [EW]

BUSINESS TIME

... We knew that CBS's Two and a Half Men was adding Charlie Harper's long-lost daughter to the mix for Season 11, and now we know that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The character of Jenny will be smoking hot, 21 years old, and... a lesbian. It will be interesting to see how the series, which got off the ground with the macho sexualizing of floozies, handles a gay woman, but I'm guessing GLAAD may as well start drafting its disgusted press release right now. [E! Online]

... A&E has set aside August 11 at 10pm for the debut of Bad Ink, another tattoo reality show. In this one, a couple of Las Vegas tattoo freaks look for the city's worst tattoos and then fix them up. This news does nothing to change my plan for that night, which is something like "watch Breaking Bad's final-season premiere at 9pm and then sit in stunned silence for five hours." [A&E via press release]

... TNT has passed on its pilot starring Geena Davis as a bounty hunter. Apparently the network didn't like the show's tone. Or the fact that it didn't have an ampersand in its title, joining two names. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Comedy Central has chosen its next roasting target: James Franco. Okay, sure, why not I guess? [The Wrap]

CASTING NEWS

... Happy Endings vet and son of Homie the Clown Damon Wayans Jr. may return to New Girl, and by "may" I mean "definitely will" because this has to happen. Wayans, as you may recall, starred in New Girl's pilot as Coach, the third male resident of the loft, but left the show after Happy Endings was renewed for a second season. He was replaced by Lamorne Morris's Winston in Episode 2. It's is such a no-brainer to have Coach come back, at least for a few episodes, that Fox may as well just announce it without even getting Wayans' okay first. [TV Line]

... House's Lisa Edelstein will recur in Season 6 of ABC's Castle (it's been six seasons already?). She'll play a federal investigator who plays a huge part in Kate Beckett's future. [THR]

... Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development) is putting on his serious face for a guest spot on CBS's The Good Wife. At least, I'm assuming it's a serious role. He'll play a judge who goes down to the wire in a case that involves the death penalty, and it would be pretty tasteless if he made fart noises or stood up to reveal he wasn't wearing pants and said, "I got your banana stand right here!" Look for Tambor in the season premiere. [TV Guide

... All-around awesome guy Chi McBride (Pushing Daisies, Golden Boy) is getting a sweet paid vacation to Hawaii. He'll guest-star on CBS's Hawaii Five-0 as SWAT Captain Lou Grover, a character from the original series. McBride will appear in the season premiere, and could return on a recurring basis. [EW]

... Sean Astin (The Goonies) has joined FX's vampire drama The Strain, an adaptation of Guillermo Del Toro's book from producers Del Toro and Lost's Carlton Cuse. Astin will play a friend of the lead character, the head of the CDC (played by House of Cards' Corey Stoll). [TV Line]

... Jenna Elfman, who just confirmed her participation in the new NBC comedy Growing Up Fisher, will first stop by USA's Royal Pains. She'll play a reformed party girl who still likes to party but without all the partying, ya know? Look for her in the August 28 episode. [THR]

... Discovery has picked a host for Shark After Dark, the live talk show that will air each night of Shark Week. Comedian Josh Wolf (Chelsea Lately) will lead the chatter about toothy fish, bringing in shark experts, shark-attack survivors, and maybe even sharks themselves to discuss the day's programming, the weather, and why people from South Africa taste different than people in Australia. [Discovery via press release]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 11/27/2014

Season 12 : Episode 5

Next Episode

AIRS ON 12/4/2014

Season 12 : Episode 6

144 Comments
Follow this Show
Members