Two and a Half Men Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Charlie Sheen is Disappointed in The Show's 9th Season

Do You Agree or Disagree??

hell693

[1]Oct 23, 2011
    • level: 11

Do you guys agree with Charlie or disagree??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

numberone1991

[2]Oct 23, 2011
    • level: 7
    i disagree because its still funny.

hell693

[3]Oct 23, 2011
    numberone1991 wrote:
    i disagree because its still funny.

I agree with you, the show still is funny,

waynedl

[4]Oct 23, 2011
    • level: 2

I don't think I've laughed once yet this season.

It should be axed or bring Charlie back = AXED!!

Pieter79

[5]Oct 23, 2011
    • level: 6
    Agree! The pilot was a bit funny, but the rest is mediocre.

It's like watching Joey because you liked Friends.

notimeforbadtv

[6]Oct 23, 2011
    • level: 2

It's sad and they should bring Charlie back from the dead.

hell693

[7]Oct 24, 2011
    Pieter79 wrote:
    Agree! The pilot was a bit funny, but the rest is mediocre.

It's like watching Joey because you liked Friends.

I thought that Joey was a funny show it was not Friends but still funny.

Pieter79

[8]Oct 24, 2011
    • level: 6

Well, I also liked Joey, but it wasn't Friends. That was the comparison I wanted to make. The old Two and a Half Men and te version with Kutcher is the same big difference.

Nothing against Holden McGroin! Wink

hell693

[9]Oct 25, 2011
    Pieter79 wrote:

Well, I also liked Joey, but it wasn't Friends. That was the comparison I wanted to make. The old Two and a Half Men and te version with Kutcher is the same big difference.

Nothing against Holden McGroin! Wink

I agree with you, people should think of it as a new show and not the show that sheen starred in.

tinnef

[10]Oct 27, 2011

I kinda agree, because it sucks. I don't agree because it was clear it was gonna suck from the second they hired Asston, so it lives up to my expectations.

Kudos though forwhoever typecastedhim asa pathetic whining baby moron.

tinnef

[11]Oct 27, 2011

hell693 wrote:
    I agree with you, people should think of it as a new show and not the show that sheen starred in.

That's a load of crap. If they wanted it to beseen as a new show they should have presented it as a new show, and not keep the title, the cast, the theme tune. Now they are just cashing in on Sheen's reputation and all the controversy, and it won't pay off in the long (or even medium) run.

ChipsTheButler

[12]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 9
    how can I agree or disagree if you haven't posted a link to the article that quotes what he said?

bronbrons27

[13]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 14
    I don't think the show sucks now.

It's not as good as the first 3 or 4 seasons, but I actually like this season better than the past couple of seasons. In fact, I stopped watching halfway through the last season because I was just disappointed.

The show was getting really boring, and nothing was ever new. But I think Ashton being on the show now is a nice refreshing touch, and he is pretty funny.

Sure, I liked Charlie too, but I don't really miss him that much, to be honest. I ALWAYS preferred Alan over Charlie, throughout the seasons. Alan was always a much funnier character, and Jon Cryer is a much better actor than Charlie Sheen was/is.

Amador-lost

[14]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 3

I think is really sad that they pay 1 million for episode to Ashton Kutcher for this atrocity. He doesnt deserve it, the only thing ok with his carrer is thats 70 show, aside from that he sucked in everyhting he did. Such an overrated actor, meanwhile great tv actors like Dominic West or Mark Valley fly under the radar

kingbasil

[15]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 10

It is getting funnier after each episode.

Give it time people, change is difficult.

We still have Alan, Jake, Berta and Herb!

This is unfair!

Fekul_the_Baby

[16]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 15

I'm not sure I like the direction they're going with Jake, turning him from lovable dunderhead to burnout dopehead...and Alan's on-again-off-again relationship with Lindsay MacElroy is becoming tiresome. Though, I do like the attempts to provide arcing storylines and continuity between episodes (e.g. Alan temporarily committed, the question of Millie Melnick's parentage brought up a couple of times, Rose's return, Walden's spurned ex and cold fish of a mother teaming up to grab his company). They have to be leading up to something big for the season/series finale. Maybe Charlie Sheen will put aside his differences with the producers and do a cameo as the Ghost of Charlie the Man-Whore or something.

quintex96

[17]Feb 28, 2012
    Funny, I heard that Sheen really dug the new season and had quite a bit of praise for Kutcher. I don't have anything against Kutcher personally, he can be funny in the right role(like in Killers) though I was never a big fan of That 70s Show, and so far this season, I haven't particularly impressed with his role or as his acting. Walden just feels like he belongs in a completely different show, as he dosen't organically fit into the TAAFM universe, and his interactions with the other characters feel very akward because he dosen't seem to have much in the way of chemistry with his co-stars, he also dosen't posses any of the charisma that Sheen did. Maybe it wouldn't be so akward if Walden was a supporting character, in small doses he might be funnier, but he is no way capable of being a lead character. I don't hate the new show, the other characters are still pretty funny(Alan acting like Charlie was a riot) but still, without Sheen, the show now has a hollow and empty feeling like it's missing something, and any way I swing it, Walden feels like a poor replacement for Charlie.

Personally I hope against all odds that Lorre will let bygones be bygones and invite Charlie back on the show and demote Kutcher to a recurring or supporting role, after all it would be pretty easy to bring Charlie back since his body was never found.

quintex96

[18]Feb 28, 2012
    My ideas for S10: Walden gets in trouble with the government for owing the IRS millions in tax dollars and ends up losing ownership of his company and getting put on probation as a result, Alan then encourages Walden to invest his money in his ponzi scheme, which backfires and forces Walden to move out of the house, leaving Alan without anyone to pay for his expenses. Lindsay then decides to move in with Alan to reconcile with him and help him out, then a woman named Virginia(who i'd have played by Lindsay Lohan and would basically be a female and bi-sexual version of Charlie) shows up at the door, claiming she's looking for Charlie and dosen't believe Alan when he tells her about his "death"; so Virginia interrogates every single one of Charlie's girlfriends sexual partners(and having sex with them) in an attempt to find him, Virginia reveals the reason why she is looking for Charlie-she just found out that she's his daughter, backstory:

Way back in high school, a girl named Crystal Davis had sex with Charlie while he was passed out drunk, then after she got pregnant, her mother made her join a convent(Crystal had no idea who Charlie was since she was drunk as well) Virginia was raised there until she was 12, at which point she got sick of the convent and her mother's extremist views, so she ran off to Los Angeles and lived off the streets for years until she got a job as an intern for Cell Block Records(a take on the infamous Death Row Records) and now she's worked her way up to secretary. Recently she found someone who had secretly observed Crystal having sex with Charlie and told her.

So Virginia wants to find Charlie and have him take a test to prove if he really is his father. Finally Virginia ends up at Rose's after exhausting all her other options, she and Rose talk a bit and she grows suspicious that she(Rose) might have something to hide, so Virginia interrogates Rose and gets her to confess that she faked Charlie's death after she suspected him of cheating on her(which turned out to be a misunderstanding, turns out the woman was coming onto Charlie and he was actually trying to spurn her advances) and kept him in her basement in order to prevent him from being with any other woman besides her, Virginia then angrily tackles her in response and the two get into a heated catfight where they rip off each others clothes and end up having sex. After they finish we hear a familiar voice saying "I love having this effect on women" spin around to reveal Charlie standing behind them, Rose asks him how he escaped, Charlie says that this isn't the first time a woman has left him handcuffed and he's learned to escape, then Rose asks him why he didn't leave sooner if he could have, Charlie says it's because in spite of her doing crazy things like holding a fake wedding and holding him hostage for suspecting him of cheating, those crazy things show that she really does love him and he loves her too, but they both decide to wait awhile until they consider marriage. After their moment is over, Charlie asks Virginia if she and Rose will have a threesome with him, they both say that's not such a great idea since Virginia might be his daughter, which causes him to faint. Then they both drag Charlie back to the house, Alan sees Charlie and thinks he's going insane until Rose tells him the details, Alan says that it's just as well Charlie is back since he can longer afford to pay rent on the house and Alan finally admits that he always loved mooching off Charlie for all those years, saying he deserved it for being such a jerk to him, Charlie then wakes up and starts strangling Alan, telling him to get out of "his" house, Lindsay points out that Charlie might get in trouble for the whole "faking his own death" thing so he might be able to get the house back, so Rose concocts a story that she's an undercover FBI agent who faked Charlie's death in order to keep him safe from the French mob in order for Charlie to be able to legally own the house gain. Charlie then remembers Virginia and freaks out, she tells him to relax- the mother dosen't even know who he is, she just wants him to take a paternity test so she can determine if he really is the father, he agrees and asks him if that means he has to take care of her, Virginia says "I only need one thing from you, got any booze?" then the two hit it off and realize they have a lot in common, Lindsay then decides to move out due to not being able to deal with Charlie and since it's apparent Alan isn't welcome anymore, he decides to move into Lindsay's house, Rose decides to leave as well to give Charlie and Virginia some alone time, Charlie and Virginia then get drunk on the deck and they both laugh about their past and admit that even if it turns out they aren't related, they're glad to have met each other... (and that they can have sex if they're not related) Virginia asks if she can stay the night, Charlie carries her the guest room and says that she's one person who he wouldn't mind living with him, as long as she pays rent, then they both hug and pass out drunk together. Tag scene: Berta finds Charlie and Virginia passed out together, and after she wakes them up, they tell her about potentially being related, which causes her to remark "Oh god, not two of them!"

Romano338

[19]Jul 16, 2013
    • level: 8
    Well, he can
    And big time

At the same time, I watched 4-5 episodes of his new show and it's crap

kudlata111

[20]Oct 7, 2013
    • level: 1
    Without Charlie Sheen, this film does not make sense.
    He's just a shitty sitcom.