Two and a Half Men Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

How many more seasons?

hueyf

[1]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 6

The show is less funnier without Charlie, Jake has so long till he does become a man and Alan living with Walden is just weird. It was understandable when he was just mooching off his own brother but to do it to Walden, who he hasn't known for long is not believable.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sitcomman1

[2]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 1

I am estimating about the end of 2013.

Jim856796

[3]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 14
    The CBS President Les Moonves has said that 2.5 Men can run for "many years" with Kutcher in the cast. (probably four or more seasons?). But how many more seasons does anyone think 2.5 Men will have realistically?

pissamekuken

[4]Feb 9, 2012

Seriously, the show dies with Charlie. Everything revolves around him. The script, the acting, the story. Nothing can compare with the dynamic relationship between Charlie and Allan. That's what this TV-series is all about, I'm a very big fan and i have laughed a couple of hundred of hours to this tv series. But only to Charlies delivery of raw and direct comments to Allan and to others. Aston Kutcher can't handle this depth off character. Surely some episodes made me have a chuckle but this is so beneath the level off humor that Charlie Sheen brings to the table. Sorry but this show dies with Charlie!

Edited on 02/09/2012 5:01pm

quintex96

[5]Feb 28, 2012
    • level: 9
    pissamekuken wrote:

Seriously, the show dies with Charlie. Everything revolves around him. The script, the acting, the story. Nothing can compare with the dynamic relationship between Charlie and Allan. That's what this TV-series is all about, I'm a very big fan and i have laughed a couple of hundred of hours to this tv series. But only to Charlies delivery of raw and direct comments to Allan and to others. Aston Kutcher can't handle this depth off character. Surely some episodes made me have a chuckle but this is so beneath the level off humor that Charlie Sheen brings to the table. Sorry but this show dies with Charlie!

Agreed, unless Sheen somehow returns to the show, I can't see it lasting too much longer, it'll probably get one more season at the most before people lost interest.

OdumC

[6]Feb 29, 2012
    • level: 8
    How many seasons left?

Jim856796

[7]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 14
    Now, I think Two and a Half Men can end after ten seasons. There is a rumor going around that producers may as well just sack the sitcom because it can't afford any high-priced talent.

that70sshow2000

[8]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 15
    Jim856796 wrote:
    The CBS President Les Moonves has said that 2.5 Men can run for "many years" with Kutcher in the cast. (probably four or more seasons?). But how many more seasons does anyone think 2.5 Men will have realistically?

It probably has realistically that many left. The thing is all CBS cares about is ratings. 100%. if it makes them money it's staying on, providing the actors are within their contracts and want to keep going.

Kutcher is a powerhouse with millions of fans; people are watching and will continue to just for him. Plus you have the prior 2.5 Men fans. Which equals still a whole lotta people watching. And like I said it's all about ratings; CBS doesn't give the hairs on their ass about some people on tv.com who say it isn't as good/sucks, as kong as they are making money.

Fact is the majority if fans watch this show for 20 minutes a week and move on til the next week. Fans who come on tv.com and analyze the show every week are in the EXTREME minority of people who watch.

Rainos

[9]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 2

It's not Waldens fault but the show isn't the same without Charlie. The relation between the three main characteres and the other regulars was great and something is missing now. It should have ended in the eighth season but what is done is done. If they finish this season and make another one more to write a good ending it will be enough.

Travisty

[10]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 3

'Less funnier'? I gotta stop reading Big Bang Theory and 2&HM forums. The more I read, the dumber I get. This show is like the report card of every middle school kid who watches it: C-

ChipsTheButler

[11]Jun 20, 2012
    They are increasing story ideas by copying episodes of Seinfeld

MptSeven

[12]Jul 5, 2012

I tried really hard to continue enjoying Two and a Half Men, but it seems that the writers took wrong turns everywhere. Hinting that Jake was a pot-head was funny, but blatantly confirming it makes it tragic. Alan has become even more despicable than he was in the last few seasons with Charlie. What the the hell happened to everyone else? They barely get any lines or appearances and when they do they are completely awkward and out of place.

They have added Billy Stanhope, Walden's programming partner -- Patton Oswald and Ashton Kucher actually make a fairly funny team and a different show could spin-off of this relationship. It could be a Steve Jobs - Steve Wozniak type of show. The show could be about two computer/programming geeks who hit the big time similar to the current Walden and Billy but just build it from there and see where it goes.

Two and Half men should revert back to what it was just after Charlie's funeral and all of this current stuff could be written off as Alan's weird dream (a la Dallas). The show could then build upon the 2&1/2's other characters. It could be revealed that the house is in a trust administered by Charlie's mom Evelyn but the trust would allow Alan to live there with some kind of weird stipulation. Undo all of the disgusting Alan activities and make him a little more sympathetic, undo all of the Jake confirmations regarding drugs. I don't want to see Jake as a confirmed pot-head -- no one does. Elaborate more on his "Dumb-Ass" antics and actually post those videos to Youtube as if they were two actual real-life wanna-bees -- blur the line between the show and the real world with Jake and Eldridge so that there is real younger fan interactions on the web. This alone will keep ratings up and can blaze a trail for a future Two and a Half Men featuring Jake, Eldridge and aging Alan as the half... but Alan needs to become a lot more sympathetic.. Perhaps he could suddenly acquire early dementia and become similar to Maw-Maw in Raising Hope... Just make him less disgusting and despicable than he currently is. His character is just awful... I know, he could keep claiming that he is "Duckie" from the movie "Pretty In Pink" when he is in the throws of dis-orientation...

Give Berta back her old role in the show, but now answering to Evelyn but not liking it. Allow Rose to come back periodically and drop hints that perhaps Charlie's not really dead... Also put the house back the way it was... Another possibility have the trust allow Evelyn to bring in an occasional boarder at the beach house -- this would allow short-term appearances by some high profile celebrities who want some exposure and would really make the show interesting...

I know that no one who has anything to do with the show will read this but just in case you do... I think this would work out really good - two viable shows instead of one that is dying a slow miserable death...

BundyX75

[13]Aug 5, 2012
    • level: 6

^I don't really care about Jake being a confirmed pot head. I really don't see how that makes any differently honestly.

As for how many more seasons, people need to remember the key factor is ratings. TAAHM last season overall did better than the last one with Charlie, but that's for obvious reasons as the first few episodes hoisted a lot of intrigue. By the last five or six episodes, the show settled into a comfortable above eleven million viewers, which is enough to keep it afloat but below the average ratings of the eighth season which was better by above three million. That is most likely why the moved it to Thursdays behind The Big Bang Theory.

The move to Thursday will be what determines how many seasons are left. BBT's a strong lead in, but they're removing TAAHM from a timeslot they had since practically their entire run. The ratings literally could go either way on this one, so I'll reserve an official answer until the tenth season airs. I will say I don't think eleven million viewers average brings in enough money to justify spending as much as they do on some of the actors for many additional seasons.

930rage

[14]Oct 12, 2012

I think the show will end when Jake turns 21.
    or else.. they'll have to change the name of the show to three men.

MichaelLeone

[15]Oct 26, 2012
    I actually thought that the show wouldn't survive 1 season after Sheen's gone.I was pretty tired of Sheen's character and I've always disliked Kutcher's acting
    However, I have completely changed my mind now after watching season 9 and 10. I think Kutcher's doing a great job. Even better than Sheen kind of.. if you really can compare the two.