Two and a Half Men Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

They should have used Ryan Stiles to replace Charlie Sheen

Swinglabacase

[1]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 7

They should have used Ryan Stiles to replace Charlie... He divorces and goes to live with Cryer... Lots of good (funny) opportunities there with 2 guys who have married and divorced the same woman! Maybe he would try so hard to emulate Charlie's life but with so much less success, like ending up with weirdos (opening a window for great guest comedians) and transvestites, etc. Stiles, could have helped picked the show up much more than Ashton.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GuyArbuthnot

[2]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 2

Nobody will ever be able to replace Charlie Sheen. They may try, but when I think about Two and a Half Men, I think Charlie Sheen. I sure hope he gets his act together and returns to the show. In the mean time, guess I'll have to be happy with re-runs....

Guy Arbuthnot
    Vegas Computer Solutions
    Computer Repair
    Las Vegas Computer Repair

Swinglabacase

[3]Jul 28, 2011
    I'm not saying that... I just said that Stiles would have been a better replacement than Ashton (since they seem determined to replace Charlie Sheen). The irony here is that the show was based on the life of Sheen which they then criticize. Without Sheen the show might go on (which I doubt) but it will be a totally different show. Therefore, if they drop Sheen they should drop the show altogether and design a spinoff with Alan Harper as the lead character(if they want to continue with the other actors). Then they could bring Ashton or someone else if they want.

They didn't have many years left anyway since the kid is growing up and we would have ended up with 3 men in a few years...

Yet, I still maintain that Stiles would have been better than Ashton to give the show a few more years. Bringing a new character (which will definitely lead to comparisons) will be more detrimental to the show then enhancing the roles of those who are already there.

jekyll

[4]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 86

The only problem with this Ryan Stiles idea is that his character is just as much ofa milquetoast as Jon Cryer's, and the show is built around humor derived from an alpha dog playing off his loser brother. They'd have no one to play off of for jokes (unless we considered Jake, still in high school, to be old enough to fill the alpha role.

I would like to see Ryan Stiles more. There's no denying he's always funny.

Swinglabacase

[5]Aug 3, 2011

jekyll wrote:
    The only problem with this Ryan Stiles idea is that his character is just as much ofa milquetoast as Jon Cryer's, and the show is built around humor derived from an alpha dog playing off his loser brother.
    I agree. That is why I wrote that without Sheen it would be a totally different show.

AdamSmith

[6]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 1

I agree. Great idea.