Two and a Half Men Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Why do some people sympathize for Sheen?

maxandcali

[1]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 5

I know that not everyone here will agree, but I can't understand why some people have sympathy for charlie sheen and want him back so bad, even after all the bad stuff he's done. While I may not agree with Chuck Lorre on everything, I'm sorry to say that he made the right decision in firing him. They gave charlie multiple chances, had more than enough disscussions with him, and he blew all of them. During the last quarter of the the 8'th season, his co-stars, the writers and creators, the make-up and hair stylists, electricitians, and all the people of all departments were without paychecks for the season's last quarter because of him. Yeah, it was his show, but that still does not make it right. A person with brains would have the common sense to be specific enough to tell everyone that they'll be taking a leave of absence, and everyone else also could have left for the rest and had better more fullfield use of their precious time with other things, it also would have been a lot better than having been left hanging not knowing the scoope with that person, and losing their paychecks becasue of it. And just look at his lifestyle, it has included the drugs, abusing his wife, f-ing around with hookers and prostistutes, the damage caused at hotel rooms, making those nasty remarks about jon cryer and chuck lorre, and the list includes many others. And may I say that those "goddesses" of his he had for so many months, I'm sorry to say but they are not goddesses to me, they are possibly lukewarm at best and maintain foolish 10-year old brains. So all in all, it's no wonder why he was fired from his show, which is no longer his show anymore, they probably sold it to ashton kutcher and the other co-stars. They probably didn't even have to buy it from him either, they were able to take it away from him for free since he got fired. I suppose the show may not be the same without him, but after everything he's done, it would be a bad desision to bring him back. It's also not going to hold jon and all other co-stars back from continuing it. I think used-to-be charlie's show was probably some good part shared with the co-stars. And if there's an oppurtunity to continue the show for at least a good one more season, Jon and all the others and their new star ashton, are going to go for it, with or without charlie, no madder what. They are not going to let charlie being off the show stand in the way and hold them back, that's reality. By the way, they also have other movies and other things they've done and gotton well paid without him, so they don't actually need him, and it is not the least bit because of him that they have their careers and occupations in hollwood. They have always been and always will be successes on their own with or without him, and will always have many oppurtunities to come with or without him. All in all, you cant blame any of them or chuck lorre for charlie's lifestyle. Charlie got himself fired and into all his other troubles, and it's his loss. There is only one person who is the only right person for charlie to blame, and if he wants to find him, he needs to go take a good look in the mirror. All in all, Charlie Sheen is a huge self centered stuck upasshole, and a selfish sun of a bitch. And I'm not going to say "The", but I get that he is one of the highest paid celebs in hollwood, but that dosen't mean they are actually good persons, it also doesen't make it less possible to be a person of stupidity, which that he is, a good person he is not. He's also done a lot of huge bad stuff to his other exes, including deniese. So for those of you that like him, and believe all the stuff he's done and still does is okay, well I'm sorry to say but you are pretty much on the same boat with whoopi goldberg, who supports a 50-year old guy who raped a young 13-year-old girl. So if you are still fans of him and love him so much, then you may as well also be big fans of whoopi, angelina jolie, paris hilton, alec baldwin, and even mel gibson [who has unfortunetly gone down bad slides].

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jekyll

[2]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 86

maxandcali wrote:
    ...During the last quarter of the the 8'th season, his co-stars, the writers and creators, the make-up and hair stylists, electricitians, and all the people of all departments were without paychecks for the season's last quarter because of him. Yeah, it was his show, but that still does not make it right...
    Charlie said repeatedly he was ready to come work; it was the producers who halted production.

hell693

[3]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 11
    i dont know why but i dont want him back in 2.5 men anymore ashton is much better than him. charlie was funny for 7 seasons but he was so boring in season 8 that i thought of never watching the show again but i watned to see how the show is without charlies and i think its much better.

_Dargor_

[4]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 6

Sorry but saying Kelso 2.0 is better than charlie only keeps people from taking you seriously.

You know what they say, when people start thinking you're stupid, don't open your mouth and prove it.

As for the whole Lorre/Sheen debacle, they both obviously overreacted.

What makes people take Charlie's side is that during the whole thing, Sheen was under the influence of multiple drugs while Lorre wasn't, making him the most childish/vain of the two.

Who's most pathetic? The drunk yelling at everybody on the sidewalk? Or the guy that actually stops and starts yelling back at the drunk?

wingchick99

[5]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 13

The thing is for years everybody on that cast and crew knew sheen was analcoholic,womanizer, and so on. They took things from his life and put it in the script of the show. Sheen did go way overboard with what happened but all those people made money off things he had done before. And the creator acted like a child, he was dealing with a man who was not in his right mind due to booze and stuff (witch by the way I dont agree with people doing those type of things but nothing anybody can do about it its peoples lives to do as they please). I think they where both in the wrong but the creator was the worst of the two using his other shows to make cracks and stuff like that when like i said he used Sheens life to make himself money

ChipsTheButler

[6]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 9
    Paragraphs are your friend.

kingbasil

[7]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 10

Charlie's era is over and he is the one to blame! He had a great thing going on for him he ruined it for himself, his fans and his team-mates.

I think the new 2 and a half men is great and Ashton is a great actor.

Becca

[8]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 1

I agree Sheen is just a crack head and he is not going to last long anyway. Good thing they got rid of him now. I don't want to watch anything with him in it, because I'm not going to support anyone's drug habits, and that's just what people are doing by being a fan of sheen!

Becca

[9]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 1

I agree Sheen is just a crack head and he is not going to last long anyway. Good thing they got rid of him now. I don't want to watch anything with him in it, because I'm not going to support anyone's drug habits, and that's just what people are doing by being a fan of sheen!

ChipsTheButler

[10]Oct 13, 2011

beavis69a

[11]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 2

Because He is a very cool generous guy who is open about his personal life and says whatever he feels like! I wish there where more people like him than 2 face hypocrites who are against him. By the way we are not some people just take a look at the reviews. If you are a fan of 2.5 men you should know that the show was based on Sheen's personal life! But now it's based on BS!

ChipsTheButler

[12]Nov 19, 2011

daFlo16

[13]Nov 21, 2011

_Dargor_ wrote:
    Sorry but saying Kelso 2.0 is better than charlie only keeps people from taking you seriously.

[...] Who's most pathetic? The drunk yelling at everybody on the sidewalk? Or the guy that actually stops and starts yelling back at the drunk?

First of all: I'm not a huge fan of Ashton Kutcher but I still think he's doing a better job than Charlie Sheen. Sorry but the guy played a rich guy who spends his money on booze and hookers. He really didn't have to "act" since that's who he is. In 7 1/2 years the show hasn't changed much. It's just about Allan as a failure and Charlie making fun of him. Now we at least get some fresh storylines with Ashton and the show is watchable again.

What's pathetic about Lorre? If I tell my boss to f*** off I'm going to be out of a job so why wouldn't Charlie be? You might say he's irreplaceable but that's bs. The show is doing fine without him and will be on for at least a 10th season. If you don't like the show you don't have to watch it, no one is forcing you (I hope).

RanmaliFernando

[14]Dec 1, 2011

Why does becca and the other guy keep saying the same thing???

thribs

[15]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 8

Because Sheen is a god who can do whatever he wants!

quintex96

[16]Mar 1, 2012
    daFlo16 wrote:

_Dargor_ wrote:

[...] Who's most pathetic? The drunk yelling at everybody on the sidewalk? Or the guy that actually stops and starts yelling back at the drunk?

First of all: I'm not a huge fan of Ashton Kutcher but I still think he's doing a better job than Charlie Sheen. Sorry but the guy played a rich guy who spends his money on booze and hookers. He really didn't have to "act" since that's who he is. In 7 1/2 years the show hasn't changed much. It's just about Allan as a failure and Charlie making fun of him. Now we at least get some fresh storylines with Ashton and the show is watchable again.

What's pathetic about Lorre? If I tell my boss to f*** off I'm going to be out of a job so why wouldn't Charlie be? You might say he's irreplaceable but that's bs. The show is doing fine without him and will be on for at least a 10th season. If you don't like the show you don't have to watch it, no one is forcing you (I hope).

Well the vast majority of people find this show UN-watchable now, Charlie WAS the show, without him it's TAAHM in name only, season 9 has been one dissapointment after another so far, and I don't see it getting any better.

OdumC

[17]Mar 1, 2012
    Lorre based the Charlie Harper character on Sheen, used him for 8 years building a solid show then all of a sudden acts like he didn't realize he hired a coked up boozing womanizer.

Gosh, really gotta put a lot of thought into why anyone would side with Sheen over Lorre on this one.

ChipsTheButler

[18]Mar 11, 2012
    Maybe a red bottle with a label reading 'tiger blood' sitting on a shelf would help the show.

Romano338

[19]Jul 16, 2013
    I don't "sympathize for Sheen"
    But to me, he was this show and the show should have stop