Two and a Half Men Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Why they don't just kick out Chuck Lorre and bring Charlie Sheen back?

beavis69a

[1]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 2

Hey, here is an idea! Why they don't just kick out Chuck Lorre and bring Charlie Sheen back?
    Lets face it Charlie Sheen has already won!
    Chuck Lorre had to pull out every person he ever knew or worked with to pull off the premiere, (series finally)!
    He made this guy Ashton Kutcher go B naked so maybe somebody liked him!
    The show's ratings is sinking down fast.
    Most of the fans hating it now!
    So lets get rid of Chuck Lorre!
    There are so many people who can replace him but no one could ever replace Charlie Sheen!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jekyll

[2]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 86

How exactly are the ratings sinking? The season premiere was the most-watched episode of the show ever. They probably won't be as high this week, but the show has legs.

And Chuck Lorre was never going to lose the battle against Charlie Sheen. Charlie was one show: this one. Chuck is the force behind three hits for CBS and Warner Bros.: this, Mike & Molly, and The Big Bang Theory.

beavis69a

[3]Sep 27, 2011

Right now on TV.com "Popular Shows" is number 20 (used to be 1) and read the comments, reviews..... And just ask real people not just bosses, executives and his connections.... who they like better on this show Charlie Sheen or Chuck Lorre!? They funny thing is even in TV.com, 2 and a half men logo is still caring the Charlie Sheen's picture..

Swinglabacase

[4]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 7

Chuck Lorre will be on TV for many more years while, how ever much you idolize and admire Charlie Sheen, after what he did, we will not see him on TV anymore nor in a major movie.

[5]Sep 27, 2011

"Why they don't just kick out Chuck Lorre and bring Charlie Sheen back?", you ask. I don't know, maybe because it is Chuck Lorre's show, Duh?

MikeMuller1

[6]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 5

Wow, what a stupid thread. Most of the funny dialogue of Charlie Sheen was written by Chuck Lorre. He's not just the creator of the show, the producer and the boss, he's one of the lead writers as well. Some people seem to think the actors come up with their lines.

Swinglabacase

[7]Sep 27, 2011

MikeMuller1 wrote:
    Some people seem to think the actors come up with their lines.

Well, they do sometimes; mostly the lead actors. Sometimes there are just given the context and the end line and they ad lib the "in between". "Mike & Molly" and "The B.B. Theory" I don't think they do. Cryer and Sheen probably had more latitude along that line. Yet, I still don't understand why some people "give" the show to Sheen. As you said the show was created, written (parts), directed (parts) and produced by Lorre. Plus, Cryer had much more "view time" and lines than Sheen and the major situations revolved mostly around Allan's life with Charlie bringing his 2 bits wise cracks here and there. Everything was great comedy but the show never was about Sheen alone.

neo979

[8]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 6

Swinglabacase wrote:

MikeMuller1 wrote:
    Some people seem to think the actors come up with their lines.

Well, they do sometimes; mostly the lead actors. Sometimes there are just given the context and the end line and they ad lib the "in between". "Mike & Molly" and "The B.B. Theory" I don't think they do. Cryer and Sheen probably had more latitude along that line. Yet, I still don't understand why some people "give" the show to Sheen. As you said the show was created, written (parts), directed (parts) and produced by Lorre. Plus, Cryer had much more "view time" and lines than Sheen and the major situations revolved mostly around Allan's life with Charlie bringing his 2 bits wise cracks here and there. Everything was great comedy but the show never was about Sheen alone.

You are wrong, it is the writers. Only a few shows (like Curb Your Enthusiasm) are ad-libbed.

Charlie Sheen made a series of offensive and possibly anti-Semitic comments about Chuck Lorre, because he was making the same dumb assumption as the OP - "the studios will pick me over Chuck Lorre!" Frankly, I'm impressed they stood their ground and backed Lorre.

hell693

[9]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 11
    Because he created the show and the show will not survive without him in my opinion it can survive without charlie but without chuck lorre i dont think so

Pieter79

[10]Oct 24, 2011

Well... it is simple, the show is dead. :-( Bringing Charlie back would be great but it is not an option.

Continuing with Kutcher is not an option because it isn't funny.

roxyroller

[11]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 1

YAH!!!! KICK LORRE OUT BRING CHARLIE SHEEN BACK!!! TWO AND A HALF MAN WITHOUT CHARLIE ISN'T TWO AND A HALF MAN. I CAN'T EVEN LAUGH AS WALDEN IS TOTALLY BORING AND EVENTHOUGHT ALLAN IS STILL GREAT, HE CANNOT CARRY THE SHOW ON HIS OWN!

WE NEED CHARLIE BACK! I DON'T CARE HOW YOU BRING HIM BACK, BUT JUST DO IT!

The_Watcher

[13]Nov 10, 2011

how can you ever say kick Lorre out???...he made the show what it was...along with the writers,now iam not taking anything away from charlie either he was perfect for the show and in truth Lorre new no matter who he brought in it was always gonna be hard to fill charlies shoes...but i just think Lorre could have done soooooo much better with the story lines..........iam really hating it and it just looks liuke everyone is just going through the motions and theres no buzz anymore.....a quick revamp is needed and story lines changed on the quick....give alan the house through some lawyer error and leave walden penniless and broke but alan keeps him in as he also knows how it is to be homeless and feels sorry for him, now alan has the house and the money and car he really thinks his love life will change for the better...how wrong he is......with walden penniless it hasnt changed the fact hes a hotty with the ladies and although he'd never cheat with alans new female friends its very hard to restrain himself esp when they are throwing themselves at him...........

kcs_niagara_usa

[14]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 8

bottom line:

eeeven if the ratings are low,

even if the show "sucks"

even if.......

IF CBS sold the sponsors for the entire season,

(PRIOR) to the debut, or AFTER the HIGHEST Rated ep.

(premiere) the show will stay,

as far as next season, well - now we can talk _

Lavinia1954

[15]Nov 14, 2011
    Charie made the show without him it`s 3 wimps!

neo979

[16]Nov 15, 2011

TMFMM2022AD wrote:
    What were the anti-Semitic comments about Chuck Lorre?

http://www.thejc.com/news/world-news/45877/charlie-sheens-chaim-levine-rant-borderline-antisemitic

Critisceptic

[17]Nov 16, 2011

agree completely, bring back Charlie

maxandcali

[18]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 5

um, first of all it's the other way around, chuck won, charlie lost. Charlie got himself fired. Secondly, even though this was charlie's show, he still did not make the show, at least not by himself anyway. He always had a lot of help from Chuck Lorrie. Chuck Lorrie is the head writer, creator and producer for the show. Secondly, Chuck Lorrie is also their boss, and when Charlie was on, Lorrie was his boss as well [obviously].

If I tell my boss to f*** off, run my mouth off, and mouth off to them the ways charlie did, what do you think is then going to happen?Are they are going to congradulate me, compliment me and acknolodge me?Are they are going to give me some pats on the back and head and say good job?Are they are going to put me into their favorites and make me one of the boss's pets, right hand persons? Are they going to make me employee of the day, week, month, year or longer? Are they going to reward me? Are they going to shower me with rewards, awards? Are they going to shower me with extra money, bonuses, and raises? Are they going to shower me with treats, gift certificates, and gift cards?

Well that's easy. The answer to every one of those questions is an absolute, definate no. NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! NEVER!

So again, if I tell my boss to f*** off, run my mouth off, and mouth off to them the ways Charlie did, what do you think is then going to happen? Am I going to have my ass fired and be out of a job? That's easy. The truth answer to that question is an absolute, definate yes. YES! ABSOLUTELY AND DEFIANTLY!

So again, if I tell my boss to f*** off, run my mouth off, and mouth off to them the ways Charlie did, guess what, I then crossed a bad line and hit down a bad red flag, and I'm going to have my ass fired and be out of a job. So why wouldn't Charlie be? That's reality.

And while you certianly could look for another job, actually literally getting one is going to be rather harder when you have to put in your applications, add in to your resumes that you got fired from your now previous job after telling your boss to f*** off, running your mouth off and mouthing off to them.

And some might argue that it's not other employers' business, but it is, another piece of reality, real life, and the real world.

Who knows, you could also even wind up needing some assistance and services of one or more persons, like a lawer, judge, job coach, vocational rehab instructor, you never know, but that all just takes part in going to show you the harsh and realistic realities of the way real life and the real world is.

And while you could lie about it, that would be dishonet, and worse if ever found out. Lying on your applications and resumes is another good example of a good reason to get fired.

Charlie made all his bad decisions, hit all his bad red flags, and got himself fires. It's his loss and his fault, 100 percent, and nobody else's. Once again, there is only one person who is the right person for Charlie to blame. And if he want's to find him, he need's to go take a good look in the mirror. And those of us smart ones also know that he is the one to blame and at fault, and is THE ONE AND ONLY one to blame and at fault.

And not everybody likes him. Just because he's one of the highest paid and richest celebs in hollywood, it does not mean they are good persons.

Sheen himself is a huge self centered, stuck up ass hole, a selfish sun of a bitch, and even a huge jerk as well.

Just because Charile's off the show, does not mean the show is sinking. The show is actually doing okay, and is set to go up to a 10'th season.

If you don't likle the show this season, you don't have to watch. Noone is forcing you [at least I hope not}.

BrittaBot

[19]Jan 2, 2012

I'm not a Two and a Half Men fan at all but Charlie Sheen was and is a total madman. He is messed up in everything he does and was completely disrespectful to everyone on the show. It's his fault and he doesn't deserve the part. You can't expect the person he insulted numerous times to keep paying him and putting up with his childish behaviour.

In fact, I think his career should be over, he is the one of the World's Worst Celebrities and if the show dies, that sucks for the fans, but he deserved it and you should blame the show dying on Charlie destroying any respect of the people making the show. He was the one who ruined it. Nobody else.

DavidMoxham

[20]Jan 4, 2012

I have been suffering long term with a serious injury. Because of this I have watched a lot more TV than in the past and part of that diet has been American sitcoms, especially two of Chuck Lorre's, the Big Bang Theory and this one. I have been made aware of the details surrounding the breakdown of the relationship between Lorre and Charlie Sheen. So much of the show seemed to work around Charlie Sheen being Charlie Sheen, (for god's sake his character is even called Charlie). Now I fully respect Chuck Lorre's position on all this and make him right. At the same time I would ask him to be a big man and talk to Charlie. Sit him down sort it out over a few beers or even a couple of busty asian hookers if that's what it takes to work things out. Everyone will know the truth about who has been the big man. I know saying the s word (sorry) is a hard thing especially if you're in the right but you're the only one who can say it. This in no way a reflection in your script writing which is top drawer but the series needs both of you. Only Charlie Sheen can be Charlie Sheen and he has the ability to transcend the script. His characterrepresents what a lot of guys wish they were like and is like a hero to these guys. Look! you know it makes sense. It's not about you needing him, it's about you needing each other. Symbiosis! If this can't be resolved then I fully understand but please try. Thanks for your efforts and keep up the excellent shows. Regards