Two and a Half Men Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Why they don't just kick out Chuck Lorre and bring Charlie Sheen back?

sandorxian

[21]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 5

People seem to forget that in the last season Charlie Sheen was in miserable condition. He was drunk, had a hangover or worse. Often he had problems standing up , and Charlie Sheen himself admitted that he asked the scriptwriters to change the script so he could either sit down or lean against something for support. Combined with the rest of his behaviour the decision to fire him was a no-brainer. I've always been flabbergasted over the popularity of this show, as the humour is very simple and crude indeed. I've watched some of the new episodes out of curiousity and the quality level is really, really low.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

julieth12003

[22]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 2

we need charlie back.. two and half men it's not the same without charlie.... its boring....

Edited on 01/11/2012 4:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ChipsTheButler

[23]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 9
    sandorxian wrote:

People seem to forget that in the last season Charlie Sheen was in miserable condition. He was drunk, had a hangover or worse. Often he had problems standing up , and Charlie Sheen himself admitted that he asked the scriptwriters to change the script so he could either sit down or lean against something for support. Combined with the rest of his behaviour the decision to fire him was a no-brainer. I've always been flabbergasted over the popularity of this show, as the humour is very simple and crude indeed. I've watched some of the new episodes out of curiousity and the quality level is really, really low.

He was too busy Bi-Winning.

maxandcali

[24]Jan 17, 2012
    beavis69a wrote:

Hey, here is an idea! Why they don't just kick out Chuck Lorre and bring Charlie Sheen back?
    Lets face it Charlie Sheen has already won!
    Chuck Lorre had to pull out every person he ever knew or worked with to pull off the premiere, (series finally)!
    He made this guy Ashton Kutcher go B naked so maybe somebody liked him!
    The show's ratings is sinking down fast.
    Most of the fans hating it now!
    So lets get rid of Chuck Lorre!
    There are so many people who can replace him but no one could ever replace Charlie Sheen!!!

Because Chuck Lorre is a huge big time writer, creator, and producer. And now he's currently head producer for not only this show, but "The Big Bang Theory", "Mike & Molly", and many others. Chuck Lorre is THE ONLY reason charlie ever had his own hit show launched in the first place. He was well served by chuck with chuck writing all his show's plots and story lines for him, writing the lines for his and everyone else's characters. Charlie was well spoon fed by chuck much like a theatre pupopet with the puppet master's hands up it's ass and spoonfeeding it all it's lines and everything else. And also, again, chuck lorre was his boss. Why don't you try mouthing off to your boss especially the ways charlie did and see what happens, I dare you. I guarenntee you it will get you and your ass fired in a heartbeat, which is a huge part of why I would personally recommend against doing so. It doesen't matter who the hell we are, what great qualities we have and whatever else, how much money we make, if we hit enough bad strikes we're out, it's that simple, welcome to reality. And charlie is not the center of the world any more than any others of us are [which is to say we're not] and part of being a muture adult is accepting that realistic reality. Chuck lorre is better than charlie and charlie is just a huge loser.

purplelace

[25]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 1
    bring charlie back!!!!!!!!! the show is just silly now . make a dream segment like the newhart show did in the '80s. and for goodness sake put charlie"s house back!!!!!!!!!!!.

fanboy34

[26]May 18, 2012
    • level: 11

I'm assuming here that the posts in favor of Charlie are from people who love or loved the character Charlie which I can forgive; they're forgetting or sanitizing away the deterioration brought on by the actor Charlie in the last half-season of his tenure. Being nostalgic for the show's heydays from well before Sheen imploded is quite understandable. Even if he hadn't though, the show's best days were done.

Were they going to keep on parading a string of stacked live-in girlfriends for Charlie? Marry him off and have him cheat every other week? Was Sheen going to "improv" his way through 24 minutes each week on the strength of his own dragon's blood or whatever he was on about? Even he said the show was going downhill during one of his rants. At least the forced change of homeowner gives the writing team a possible new direction. The only loss I regret is that we'll not likely see Charlie's stalker-next-door Rose again. That and adding to another silly thread I suppose. My bad.

vidking

[27]May 21, 2012

I predict that Ashton Kutcher will quit the show and Charlie Harper will return to the show as CGI ghost & it will still be called 2 1/2 men!!!!

ChipsTheButler

[28]May 31, 2012
    • level: 9
    Why the underline?

Badhab1t

[29]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 3

I 've stop watching this show soon after Sheen being replaced, it has lost it's magic. I think they should have cancel the whole show as it has lost it one of it's two main driving force. Like it or not, it's Sheen. But I don't agree with OP about replacing C.Lorre. He is the other main reason, why this show is so popular.Without him this show is also quite dead.

But I have to wonder why ppl judge Sheen being a him self, as for me his crazy acts never came as suprise.

I(and I believe many others too) like this show and like Sheen BECAUSE his crazy personal life and how it connect with this show. If sheen is "normal"(he be like every other hollywood "stars"), would his show/movie be that special?

I can understand why someone would keep milking this thing, but think Lorre is doing it simple because his pissed about Sheen, and want to show him this show can make it without him. It's like a adult mad at 6 years old kid, I don't think he can win.

KasenStuff

[30]Aug 24, 2012
    All I can say is "eww" about the title of this post. CHARLIE SHEEN IS A LOSER.

alexspotsme

[31]Sep 27, 2012
    • level: 15
    Just like Brobot said in a episode of Jimmy Neutron:

"I don't like Sheen."

Carl: (in reply to Brobot) "Tell me about it".

Seriously, I don't find the fond appeal of Charlie Sheen. I do enjoy his time on the show, way before he went under bad condition.

Plus, Chuck Lorre is beyond Sheen's power; no way can I see him going down besides Sheen.

FuzzyLogic99

[32]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 6
    Lets be honest here, the show even with Sheen had started to get really stale. The characters were getting stale and the plots were getting stale.. While I like the Charlie character I dont think bringing him back would help. I Do think Chuck dropped the ball. He could of used the forced change to reinvigorate the show. The Walden character is pretty boring and the other characters are stale or becoming stale. I can see why people want to bring back Charlie , though they are misguided in my opinion.

pamhalpert

[33]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 14
    FuzzyLogic99 wrote:
    Lets be honest here, the show even with Sheen had started to get really stale. The characters were getting stale and the plots were getting stale.. While I like the Charlie character I dont think bringing him back would help. I Do think Chuck dropped the ball. He could of used the forced change to reinvigorate the show. The Walden character is pretty boring and the other characters are stale or becoming stale. I can see why people want to bring back Charlie , though they are misguided in my opinion.

The show must not be to stale. Ashton is now the highest paid television actor.

FuzzyLogic99

[34]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    How much money a studio blindly throws an actor has nothing to do with how stale a show is getting. Not going yo say if Aston is being overpaid or not since it has nothing to do with the topic. TAHM has run it course and needs to be cancelled or ended.

susden52

[35]Nov 15, 2012

Chuck Lorre's not the poblem. I agree that Charlie Sheen was better than this new guy but he was out of control. Maybe if he could get his act together again he could come back. I'd hate to lose any of the other characters because of him, Alan, Berta, Jake, Lindsey, ect.

aponton17

[36]Dec 17, 2012

Chuck is not the problem Ashton is

aponton17

[37]Dec 17, 2012

It could have ended well with charlies death

but now the show is like a retired champion who comes back pretty bad

aponton17

[38]Dec 17, 2012

10th season should be the last one, Walden and his british girlfriend are so boring

Everyone should recognize their mistakes, Ashton should make movies that are not too bad.

I laugh only when allan does somthing or Bertha, Miley funnier than walden, thats pretty bad

Egomania-X

[39]Jan 17, 2013

I still cannot stop asking, where is Evelyn, where is Judith, where is Herb, why do we get so less of Berta and Jake.

I know Angus T. Jones doesn't like the show himself but still he can act and when he is on screen he is way funnier than Walden.

Don't get me wrong it's not like I don't like Walden but I don't think he is a character enough to lead the show. He could have been a better supporting character imo.

And finally why the hell doesn't Lindsey stop farting and puking?

pamhalpert

[40]Feb 3, 2013
    • level: 14
    Egomania-X wrote:

I still cannot stop asking, where is Evelyn, where is Judith, where is Herb, why do we get so less of Berta and Jake.

I know Angus T. Jones doesn't like the show himself but still he can act and when he is on screen he is way funnier than Walden.

Don't get me wrong it's not like I don't like Walden but I don't think he is a character enough to lead the show. He could have been a better supporting character imo.

And finally why the hell doesn't Lindsey stop farting and puking?

Nothing would make me happier than for them to kill off Jake. I guess the $350,000 check he gets per episode compensates for his moral and christian beliefs.