Two and a Half Men

Hello, I'm Alan Cousteau

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 13, 2009 on CBS

• Good episode with some fine moments

This was a good episode with some great moments in it. Although I do agree that there aren't many memorable quotes in this episode, the episode itself was fantastic. One line that did stand out was "if she hadn't sold me the house, she wouldn't know where I lived". The "song" was also a brilliant touch.

I've always been a fan of Charlie vs. Evelyn and this was a great example of that.

Chelsea has been in the show for a while now and she actually makes quite a good addition, she isn't quite as imposing as Mia was and has some good lines herself. Charlie of course probably won't marry her and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I've grown somewhat fond of her though so it would be a shame to see her go.
  • Possibly one of the best two and a half men episodes ever aired!

Well my first review of a TV show so I hope I can sum it right. This is exactly why I watch this show, It's full of humor, Unexpected random things and story twists. The entire story was well written with lots and lots of humorous parts, Especially the song Charlie wrote. The story lines development was also rather entertaining and kept me wanting more and more of the show. As usual Two and a Half Men contiunes to dish out the jokes while making them still be funny. All in all a wonderful episode I hope to watch time and time again.
  • Charlie and Chelsea deal with mother issues.

This was an enjoyable episode but I would not call it spectacular. This would probably be a good way to introduce somebody to Two and a Half Men. It's not a classic episode, but you every character's personality was on display tonight from Alan's goofiness to Jake's laziness to Evelyn's manipulative behavior and of course Charlie thinking about only one part of his body.

The regular gags and goofs were what made this episode funny, but there were not too many quotable lines, or parts that I will even remember by tomorrow. Not a bad offering by any stretch of the imagination, but a disappointment given how good this show has been this year.
  • Very similar to a few other episodes, Evelyn and Chelsea meet. Charlie has not told his mother anything about the engagement. Evelyn buys off Alan and Jake to make sure Charlie has no allies in turning Chelsea against his her. Brilliant move...

This episode seemed like a similar story to a few in the past like the one with Mia and I'm sure there was at least one more. Of course what makes this show charming are the one liners and how Charlie and Alan get in and out of trouble so the plot is not always important.

The sequences at bed time were very funny. Especially the last when Charlie asks her to watch him so it wouldn't be so weird! Charlies mother song, the Alan(Alain) Cousteau bit with the watch and the water pitch, Chelsea's mother who says some things I don't want to repeat and "I don't want to get the Aids!" line are all great bits worth remembering. Classic Charlie to Alan when he finds out his mother bought Alan's silence, "Put it on (the Rolex watch) your right arm and it will run forever!". Then finally Jake to his father at the breakfast table, "Does this smell like butt?" and he sticks his finger almost on Alan's nose. Very funny episode worth seeing again. Chelsea (Jennifer Taylor) is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Charlie. Of course we are all just waiting to see how the relationship gets screwed up by Charlie. It's inevitable. Of course they could just fool us all and keep it going to the completed marriage. They did that with Alan, but we would never expect Charlie to have that happen.

Should be fun one way or another. They've got another three years to deal with the story lines at least.

Thanks for reading...
  • Typical two and a half men episode

There is just one way to put this episode in perspective - Chelsea is finally fitting into the gang. The last few episodes have been quite a drag looking at the way Charlie was dealing with a committed relationship. We sure did miss all the hot and dumb women he brought home for his one night standers. In this episode, we see Chelsea having some mother issues herself, and this has enhanced the vibe between her and Charlie.

Though he didn't have a lot of lines, Alan was amazing this episode. The older Jake is a little out of place. The only jokes he can offer are the fart, pizza, or the finger in butt ones, which honestly is getting a bit stale. I am ok with this as long as he's getting less screen time. The writers sure have to figure out a perspective for his character. And they have a lot of time to do that as long as Charlie displays his charm and Alan his usual goofiness. Good one!
  • Season 6, Episode 20.

Ah, Two and a Half Men is still good, even at the end of the sixth season. That's one of the many reasons I am happy that it was renewed through season 9. Charlie didn't tell Evelyn that he's engaged to Chelsea. I liked when Chelsea thought Evelyn was in Italy. I also liked Alan's French accent after Evelyn bought him a Rolex watch. LMAO I loved that Charlie flew in Chelsea's mom from Illinois. She is so awesome. Haha, the writers of this show deserve every single possible award out there. This episode was one of the many great episodes of TaaHM, which I was glad to see because I didn't get to watch this season due to One Tree Hill.