Two and a Half Men

I Merely Slept With a Commie

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 26, 2007 on CBS

• Not as good as you would think

3.4
    Alan and Charlie finally tell their mother what a horrible person she is. Mother does not take too kindly to it and gets new "sons". When is Rose coming back? They left it open that she would come back and Charlie finally realized he cares for her. I'm looking forward to the next episode. Love seeing Alan dancing like a middle age white guy.
  • i merely slept with a commie

Very funny episode of Two and a Half Men tonight. Very little Berta, no Judith, just the best characters Charlie, Alan and Evelyn. Even Jake had some funny lines, which shocks me just as much as it shocks you.

Anything dealing with the parents of the main characters on a sitcom usually leads to good TV. It may be a little bit cliched, but it works, and that is what the business is all about.

The family was great. 2.5 Men uses a lot of gay humor, but they do it in a way that is funny without being offensive. And while their son was not exactly Annyong he gave us some laughs as well. Very solid episode tonight.
  • This was an unforgettable episode. The boys finally resolved their mother issues

Great episode! The plot seemed to come along very nice here and there. Evelyn, Charlie and Alan finally resolved their issues towards one another in this detailed and emotional episode. Okay, there was a bit of hilariousness in it as well, but I shocked when the Alan and Charlie finally had a change in heart towards their mother. It was life-changing for the three of them to be happy again.
    I really don't see the point of those two gay guys though. That was strange, but funny. The chinese kid seemed to be a good thing to the episode. He hung out with Jake, played Jake's guitar song from back in late Season 1.
    I applaud the writers from their great work. I liked this one a lot, the storylines were well scripted, the plot of the episode had an excellent meaning. I was very impressed!
    The lack of laughing times was of course the main downside but this turned out to be emotional, well written and a fine example.
    Very nice episode overall. I give it as 8.2/10 Great.
  • After Evelyn tells Alan and Charlie how she feels about there being no mourners at her friend's funeral, the boys share their feelings that this could also be the case at her funeral.

This episode was hilarious. I loved everything about this episode. It was so well written. The writers are very creative and talented. Every episode gets better and better. I can only imagine how good the finale will be. I believe the writers help make the show as perfect as it is. I especially loved the part when Alan, Jake, and Charlie were in the store and Charlie asks if they carry Chanel Number 666. It was so hilarious. I liked the part also when Evelyn got a whole new family. It was so funny. This episode is yet another perfect installment to an already perfect series.
  • Death comes a knockin' and relationships get even more frayed than usual.

When I say average, I mean average in term of Two and a Half Men's usual standard! Jake and Evelyn step up and play an extremely important part in making this episode what it is. Jake is fantastic in his usual 'dumbass' teenage role, copying everything he sees and hears. Talking like a hip-hop artist because he watched Cribs set up two amazing one liners from Berta. Calling him MC Skidmark and Poop Dogg fits in perfectly with the hip-hop talk and brings in the long running joke of Jake being a 'mucky pup'. "Who wishes for two gay guys and a chinese kid?" Well I certainly didn't but I'm sure glad they came to the party. The gay quips Jake comes out with after spending time with them are pure comedic genius. Along with his usual idiotic comments, Jake certainly steals the show. Evelyn is not funny simply on her own, but her involvement is essential to set up Alan and Charlie's conflict to gain the affections of her. Irony plays an important role in the comedy of this story line since up until now both have been fighting to be the brother who gets to avoid seeing Evelyn. It was good to see the show being mixed up a little, playing somewhat with their original boundaries. It was done excellently, but didn't quite give the episode the extra edge to make it a series classic.
  • After Evelyn tells Alan and Charlie how she feels about there being no mourners at her friend’s funeral, the boys share their feelings that this could also be the case at her funeral.

• A great episode

After Evelyn tells Alan and Charlie how she feels about there being no mourners at her friend’s funeral, the boys share their feelings that this could also be the case at her funeral. Evelyn tries to prove them wrong by introducing them to a couple she help adopt a boy from China. The boys return fire by inviting the young man to a play date with Jake.