Two and a Half Men

I Merely Slept With a Commie

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 26, 2007 on CBS

• Death comes a knockin' and relationships get even more frayed than usual.

When I say average, I mean average in term of Two and a Half Men's usual standard! Jake and Evelyn step up and play an extremely important part in making this episode what it is. Jake is fantastic in his usual 'dumbass' teenage role, copying everything he sees and hears. Talking like a hip-hop artist because he watched Cribs set up two amazing one liners from Berta. Calling him MC Skidmark and Poop Dogg fits in perfectly with the hip-hop talk and brings in the long running joke of Jake being a 'mucky pup'. "Who wishes for two gay guys and a chinese kid?" Well I certainly didn't but I'm sure glad they came to the party. The gay quips Jake comes out with after spending time with them are pure comedic genius. Along with his usual idiotic comments, Jake certainly steals the show. Evelyn is not funny simply on her own, but her involvement is essential to set up Alan and Charlie's conflict to gain the affections of her. Irony plays an important role in the comedy of this story line since up until now both have been fighting to be the brother who gets to avoid seeing Evelyn. It was good to see the show being mixed up a little, playing somewhat with their original boundaries. It was done excellently, but didn't quite give the episode the extra edge to make it a series classic.