Two and a Half Men

My Son's Enormous Head

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 16, 2009 on CBS

• Chelsea gets sick.

What in the name of all that is holy was that ending? I'm fine with the closing scene having a little supernatural, unbelievable events in it, most shows do that, but a giant cat? Especially when we knew it was small enough to go under the couch? Just really dumb Chuck Lorre. The same can be said about Jake's storyline. There was no need for him to be "dating" a nine year old, and we know that she's not in his class, but they've flip-flopped on his age countless times on the show.

I did like the return of Russell, who's been hilarious on Gary Unmarried, and definitely brought the laughs tonight. Alan was great in his ever-diminishing role as well.

I'm usually not a fan of these purely Charlie episodes, and tonight really was no different.
  • Charlie takes care of Chelsea

Very noticeably, this installment wasn't outrageously funny as most 2 1/2 men episodes. But it did have a couple of really laugh-out-loud dialogues. I liked the STD discussion between Charlie, Jake, and Alan. And of course, the conversation in the drug store. Somehow, all the pun intended jokes never seem to get stale, when Charlie Sheen delivers them. The storyline involving Chelsea was definitely a low point in this episode. But again, I don't blame her. Its hard to get the show cracking, when Charlie is in a committed relationship. This new twist is OK so far. At least, they don't mess thing up like other shows that try to add some variety to the character.
  • Charlie still is learning about this relationship stuff. This week Chelsea is ill and Charlie has to make the sacrifice of taking care of her. He does it in his usual lame but entertaining way. Pretty silly, but still an entertaining episode.

Another episode dealing with Charlies relationship phobias.

This week Charlie awakes to find out Chelsea is sick. Of course all of us who have had long term relationships know how that goes. It can be pretty ugly. It's not exactly Charlies finest hour as he basically begrudgingly does all the things that he should do without the angst he has. There are a few cute scenes thrown in where he sees his favorite pharmacist Martin Mull to get supplies for his sick fiancee and then later when dealing with her finicky cat and getting Alan to do the cat box. Alan again comes off as the normal brother in trying to teach Charlie what is expected when you have a sick spouse.

In sort of a cute twist you see Charlie at the end hallucinating about Chelsea's cat in his sleep as he has caught whatever Chelsea had and she now feels fine.

Berta has a nice small part in this episode as well as we get to see her true softer side as she helps take care of Chelsea behind Charlies back. Something you would never catch her doing with one of the boys. Also they have a weird piece with Jake "dating" a nine year old suggesting either he has been held back for math or this girl is really smart and has skipped a few grades herself.

In general a silly episode dealing with Charlies growth as a person. We'll see how much growth he can stand before he goes back to his old ways.

Thanks for reading...