Two and a Half Men

People Who Love Peepholes (2)

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 26, 2011 on CBS

5.6
  • good episode

I thought it was a good episode. What do you people want? Funny episode.
  • And it's just getting worse...

3.5

Okay, I didn't like the first episode, and this second part episode was even worse than the first part.

Ashton still doesn't fit in, and his character is really weird. I'm saying weird, cause unlikeable might be the wrong word, but he is definitely not someone you embrace.
    The whole 'my wife left me and I want to die'-thing is really getting annoying, and it was made clear in both episodes that she was done with him. But then in the end, she comes to see him, to try and work things out. Eh, right.

Jake was seen, for like, 10 seconds. Berta was the funniest part of the episode, and so was Evelyn, but all in all I didn't really laugh at all. I don't even know if I should keep watching or not, cause the first 2 episodes were just really really bad.
    They really need to work on Ashton's character, and have to find a better way to interact him with Alan, cause those two are more awkward atm, then funny. And it's not a funny awkward, it is just awkward.

Well, ratings for this one were still superb, but I think episode 3 will loose more viewers, and right now I really hope so.
    Just end it after 13 episodes, or at least after this season.
    The show is just not working without Charlie Sheen.

• well, ashton is without a doubt good but i'm afraid two and a half men IS "CHARLIE HARPER"..... sorry...

5.5

although it was a good two-part intro episode, it still failed to catch the essence of the whole show... it's two and a half men.... jake plays way too little a role and let's face it, ashton is good, his character a lil' out of proportion, at the end of the day though, he's no CHARLIE HARPER..... like... but not love....

• Well it actually made me laugh. I can see that they are taking a different turn this season

Well it actually made me laugh. I can see that they are taking a different turn this season; it will be about love. Schmidt getting back together with his wife.

Schmidt lost his wife because of his immature behaviour... which i assume that throughout the season, he would gradually learn to be more mature; learn to look after himself.

• Part 2 of this Season 9 Premiere was great but I thought Part 1 was funnier and better in my opinion.

I thought that Part 2 of this Season 9 Premiere was great but I thought Part 1 was better and funnier in my opinion. This installment just seemed to lack a lot of the humor and didn't really make laugh out loud very hard like I did in Part 1. I did like this episode, I'm not gonna lie on that part but I thought it could have been better though. Alan moving in to his mother's home and the mother saying that she screams "umbrella" when she has sex was very funny. All of Berta's lines about Walden's butt and everything else was definitely hilarious. The scene with Walden and Alan climbing over's Bridget's cage and getting electrocuted was very funny. The whole scene with Walden talking to his ex-girlfriend named Bridgit was very funny. I especially laughed the hardest at the scene Alan waking up naked with Walden and then Walden telling Alan to get off him was funny. I don't think anything else really made me laugh, the rest of the jokes were maybe just a chuckle. Definitely not the best episode I've ever seen but the storyline was enjoyable enough for me to really like this episode. Overall, I hope the rest of Season 9 is really good especially since Ashton Kutcher is a very funny actor and I know that "Two and a Half Men" will still be funny even without Charlie Sheen. 8/10

• Overall, the episode was fun to watch. But that's it: fun to watch, not to follow. And I can't understand Judy Greer's participation... and that's a pity, cause I like her!

5.5

I agree with many reviews: Asthon is playing Kelso... again! His role as an "I-don't-know-how-to-do-anything-in-life man" is just an insult to all viewers who expected something a little more deep in the character's ellaboration. Seriously guys, what were you thinking?

It's also a pity Jake has had such little participation. Yet, I understand these two first episodes were meant to present Walden, and to forge his "friendship" with Alan. I guess we'll have to wait in order to see if he'll have any serious participation whatsoever throughout the season...

Most important, I really can't understand the casting of Judy Greer. During season 4 she portrayed Myra, Herb's sister. And she had a one-wedding-stand thing going on with Charlie, until she ditches him because "she was getting married". First I thought cool, there's a secret link between Myra and the unknown Walden's wife. Until it was revealed she was named Bridget, had been married for over 16 years, and Alan had absolutely no memories of her. Bummer.

So... the thing is simple. The series has lost its biggest assets... from Charlie, to the spicy humour surrounding Jake, to coherence. We are left with Kelso (and Kelso alone, nothing else) plus an overacting role of Alan (way to Alan-like in every scene... no self respect...), and I guess the only good thing so far, Holland Taylor's deeper involvement in the show...

So... plain simple, it's fun series to watch, but it's not a fun series to follow...

This is not 2.5 Men, it just is not the same show. Charlie and Alan had a unique dynamic, the guy who beat up on his brother verbally and physically was somehow the hero and the protagonist. That element of the show, the best element is gone and now we have an odd friendship between the weak brother and a weak man. We can find this dynamic on EVERY other sitcom.

It is not just that, but this was just not funny...at all. Ashton Kutcher has been underwhelming to say the least, and even Jon Cryer is not himself.

Weak episode. Better than the first half last week, but still.

• Still failing to fire on all cylinders. 2 episodes into the new series and still very few laughs.

1.5

Following-on from episode 1, we are still getting used to a fresh premise for the show,

There is still too way too much reliance on whatever humor is derived from Walden being naked. Please no more!

Berta's character has (lazily written) "speech bubble" scenes where she lusts after Walden, which is more creepy than funny.

Jake's character is barely referred to and hardly seen. I find myself hoping that Jake fills the void left by Charlie's character in future episodes.

If episode 3 doesn't suddenly kick-start the series into life, we may be seeing the beginning of the end for the show.

Finally, please please turn down the volume of the laughter reel.

• The producer better sendsomeoneout to the crack houses in L.A. to find Charlie and drag him back.

Without Charlie the show won't make it through the season. Trying to steal ratings by having Ashton shirtless is not going to carry the show through the season. I had doubts he would be able to fill Charlies shoes but it's worse then I thought. It's like watching the 70's show but Ashton grew a beard. I love Charlie Sheen but i'm so pissed he ruined my favorite show on TV. I really feel for Jon Cryer! He must be scared to death incredible show isquicklycoming to an end. Verydisappointing!

• Again same old story as in first episode in this serial.I mean how many times can you show us Ashton Kutcher's naked body???

Can't say I have enjoyed this episode at all,yes sure I had some really high hopes cause Kutcher has pretty big shoes to fill.Also I think writers are confused they do not know how to start a new story.For now the story is very very poor at best.I did not even laugh in this episode at all,and I was really up for some laughing.It's better that they cancel show then to keep it like this.

Writers if they were really into this show they would rethink about getting Charlie back

• Judy Greer was Judith's sister who already knew Charlie in the biblical sense.

All right, I noticed that Judy Greer was Bridget, Walden Schmidt's ex wife. She is a real sweet heart, and I am glad to see her. But wait, she was already on the series as Myra, Judith's smart and sexy sister. This is almost as disconcerting as the Sargent York connunndrum, where Dick Sargent replaced Dick York as Darren on Bewitched. I think they should just own up and have an episode ala The Patty Duke show where Judy plays both Bridget and Jake's trampy Aunt Myra. A bit of mistaken identity, and while were at it, let's have Judith fall into bed with Walden Schmidt. Sibling rivalry? She was giving him the eye in the first episode. Walden could have a big unrequited crush on Myra but she could, for once, resist his charms because he is only trying to fantasize that she is his Ex. So he turns to Judith, much to Allan's chagrin. OK. That is all I wanted to say.

• Much better than expected

After watching the first episode I was not much thrilled, but I liked this episode much more than most of the last season or most episodes with charlie and if its continueing on that level, it will become a good contiuation.The scene with umbrella and the bikini girl and alan where simply hillarious brilliant. So I cant understand the bad reviews.

However there are downsides. Ashton Kutcher is not Charlie Sheen and neither should he be a copy of him. However this looser boy, who is not capeable to live on his own and all girls are horny about him, is in my opinion simply ridiculously unrealistic (much much more than it was with charlie, which was borderline) and I hope this will change, otherwise I dont think the series will last more than another season.

With regards

Tom

P.S. I am not an english native speaker, but I hope that you understood what I wanted to say.

• 9/26

Another week, another awkward situation between Walden and Alan where at least one of the two is naked. Gotta wonder if the writers are just out for cheap shock laughs, or if something else is at work.

Anyway, Ashton Kutcher is definitely gonna take some getting used to. His acting is shaky at best and his character is many times the mental child that anyone accused Charlie of being. That said, I was definitely more comfortable with him this time around, seeing him interacting with Berta and having his own love interest to obsess over. And where the hell is Jake?

Not aparticularlygreat episode, but it definitely felt a bit more... 'normal' than the premiere.

• Walden and Alan drive around, talk, and visit Walden's ex.

Episode two of the ninth season features Walden settling into his new home while Alan moves in with his mom. Berta moves in as Walden's housekeeper, and Jake still exists, but only to the audience.

Things calm a down a bit from the premiere. We get our first alone-time with Walden settling into the lead, and it's straight-up Michael Kelso (That '70s Show). Everything from the way Walden talks to the way he reacts is Kelso. The man is expected to be a billionaire when he can't supposedly dress himself, make everyday decisions, or manage his time like a child? Whether that's the writers' intention or Ashton's only TV character remains to be seen just 2 episodes in, but overall, Walden comes off very strongly as an older Kelso.

The car scenes have one or two bright moments, but is mostly what to expect from Alan and his bladder. Best scene, in my opinion, is probably the final minutes at the beach house, though I did enjoy Walden's old house. Pretty cool setup.

My biggest problem: Jake. The kid gets a couple of lines in the first episode, and was lucky to even be seen here, let alone get two words in. Alan never wonders where he is, Walden never acknowledges (nor probably knows) that he's even there. He has literally served no purpose through the first 2 episodes of this season, and though he'll probably get his own storyline or 2 later on, it's just disappointing right now. I'm sure once Ashton's really settled 4-5 episodes in, things can get back to as normal as they can be. I liked this episode better than the premiere and am looking forward to just getting back to good ol' fashioned 2.5Men storylines.

Ashton still needs some work on his character, but I continue to look forward to the rest of the season.

• waste of time on the intro/sum up from last week episode

So it was a fun episode .. good jokes..awkwardsituations as always from alan's moms Umbrella!!!

Prolly the only thing that i didnt liked was waldens/ashton ex.wife........ i mean issnt she 1. old 2. ugly 3. doesnt fit her personality on the role. they totally killed it ... i dont know if they tried to make it look like ashton kutcher could actually be with a girl like that in real life... or maybe its just me ive seen that girl on previous shows as the girl that its insecure and all that...but well i guess we are stuck with it.

• Actually decent...

The first episode of season 9 introduced us to Walden Smith, and it was a less than good episode, although it had 1 or 2 good laughs.

Tonight's episode is a solid improvement, with the second half of the episode having some genuinely funny moments. The first 10 minutes was quite weak though.

Also Jake is in this episode for like 2 seconds, I was hoping they might try giving him some more screen time, but how things are going i thought he'll be a part of the series at all this year.