Two and a Half Men

Rough Night in Hump Junction (aka His Ugly Bundle)

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 21, 2008 on CBS

• Has Charlie really learned his lesson? Was Mia the real love of his life? Will Charlie change his womanizing ways? Will I stop asking questions and get on with the review?

This could be the episode that we will look back on and say, "This was the turning point in Charlie (Sheen's?) Harper's life." Or we may look back someday and say, "This is where Two and a Half Men 'jumped the shark'."

Charlie starts off this episode doing what he does best - just a lot more of it. With just the slightest pre-show buzz, I already had the feeling that there could be a 'crash and burn' headed our way. He is juggling three women (by Alan's count... seven by his own scorecard) and getting pulverized by the ladies' various significant others for his trouble.

He ends up in his shrink's office (Jane Lynch, who has this role nailed - apparently), and we find out that the one girl (besides Denise Richards) that really broke off a little piece of Charlie's heart is Mia (E...mmm...maneuelle Vaugier) - who happens to be getting married this weekend.

We and Charlie get to see her (one last time?) just before the wedding, and Charlie pours his/our hearts out over losing her. He ends up a beaten, bloody sobbing mess at the end of this episode (but with one last nut-crunching laugh), and you have to wonder how he will come back from this.

He's always rebounded in the past, but if Charlie (and his character) don't heed this warning... what direction do we go in now?