Two Guys and a Girl

ABC (ended 2001)

sodapopgirl721

Two Guys and a Girl Fan Reviews (30)

• 2 Guys, A Girl and a laughing-out-loud viewer.

Sharp writing, great characters, superb delivery. Not a single episode failed to make me laugh, and the Halloween specials were brilliant.

It's shame it got cancelled due to a ratings drop brought about only by the network shifting its airday, or we could have seen this going a long, long making us laugh throughout the journey. I could see a whole new series with Pete and Ashley just interacting with each other, it was solid gold. Alas.

This show shall be missed.

• Pretty good.

Used to love this show.
  • Kind of pointless.

5.5
    I never liked this show. In fact, it was kind of boring and pointless. I never understood what the point was and I didn't think it was very funny at all. The characters were boring, the comedy was bland, the storylines were also bland, and I don't know how many times I wanted to change the channel. One thing I did like was the setting. It was actually quite nice and also kind of different from other show's settings. Overall, this was just not my kind of show and I have never watched more than two episodes full through. Just not good. Thank you.
  • Cliched and predictable plotlines? Yes. Hilarious jokes and one-liners delivered by lovable characters played by talented actors & actresses? Also yes.

This is not a show you watch for plot, relationships, or even real situational comedy in the classical sense. It is more equivocal to watching a stand-up comedian: it's all about the jokes and one-liners. But what it does, it does extremely well.

The comedic delivery of Ryan Reynolds, Nathan Fillion and the other primary cast members are what really make the show. Despite getting into cliched and predictable situations, the characters are lovable and the quotes are very memorable. It's too bad the writers didn't do better in the original storyline department, but in the end it doesn't even seem to matter so much because the comedy makes up for it.

As a side note, I would like to mention that, other than the Simpsons, this show has the most creative and hilarious Halloween specials I have ever seen. Really great stuff.
  • While full of laughs and great characters the show became directionless and ultimately led to loss of viewership.

It almost gave this show a 9 or 9.5. Then I remembered the first season and the end of season 4. They had one thing very much in common: a lack of direction. Season 1 introduced us to Sharon, Berg, and Pete--the show's core characters--but also had a slew of lesser (read: not funny or likable) supporting characters. Namely, Mr. Bauer, Pete's girlfriend, and the owner of the pizza place, Bill. Mr. Bauer in particular was not right for the show. His interjection in most episodes was very forced and rarely funny (even though it was supposed to be). Bill and the girlfriend seemed like more of a distraction than anything else. By season 2 most of this was corrected and the show entered it's better years. "Years" being plural, but unfortunately only meaning two. Seasons 2 and 3 were great. The main characters came into their own. We were introduced to some future regulars in Johnny and Ashley--both of which really helped make the show quantum leaps better. Then came season 4. While the pieces were in place from a casting perspective the show itself lost it's direction. Berg became much less charming and amusing--almost a jerk really. Pete was all over the map as far his his career and love life. Sharon became very one-dimensional. Nathan Fillion's portrayal of Johnny was the best half of that marriage. Ultimately the show puttered out with the Internet Episode where a not-so-thrilling cliffhanger (at the time) took place, then the show went away.

Overall the show had great promise, but I suspect a lack of a regular home (it moved around the schedule), as well as characters not sticking to their already strong roots ultimately killed the show.
  • BRING IT BACK!!! It's so original and Funny and everything that the most of the new shows are not!!!!

This was one of the funniest sit-coms ever, and it's a shame that it had low ratings. Both the writing and acting were top rate. This is probably the best show on tv. Everything from the writing to the acting is great.
    Traylor, Ryan and Richard are perfectly cast as Sharon, Berg and Pete and they all have a special chemistry that really comes across on screen. Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place was always innovatively funny, and, I think, very genuine for the age group it was portraying. It's shame that is canceled!!!!! Who the f**k would do that?!
  • An ABC comedy that was decently funny most of the time but it got cancelled on a cliffhanger that still bothers me to this day.

7.6
    'Two Guys and a Girl' was a decently funny series that I remember random bits and pieces from. It wasn't until I got the chance to rewatch the whole series that things started to come together and I understood the series a bit better. I mostly remember the 4th season and, having started from the beginning and knowing some of the characters that show up later (Ashley, Johnny, and Irene), I found the 1st season lacking until these three appeared.

This show wasn't the best comedy series on TV but it was far from the worst. It still managed to make my friends and I laugh when we rewatched many of the episodes. Unfortunately, the series was cancelled before it was able to resolve its cliffhanger finale involving someone being pregnant. To this day, I still wonder what would have happened next.

7.7
    Two Guys and a Girl was a decently funny series that I remember random bits and pieces from. It wasn't until I got the chance to rewatch the whole series on WE that things started to come together and I understood the series a bit better. I mostly remember the 4th season and, having started from the beginning and knowing some of the characters that show up later (Ashley, Johnny, and Irene), I found the 1st season lacking until these three appeared.

This show wasn't the best comedy on TV but it was far from the worst. It still managed to make my friends and I laugh when we rewatched many of the episodes. Unfortunately, the series was cancelled before it was able to resolve its cliffhanger finale involving someone being pregnant. To this day, I still wonder what would have happened next.
  • An all time favourite!! You can watch this again and again and it'll still make you laugh!!

This is an all time favourite of mine!! I've lost count of how many times I've actually watched this. Even though I've watched it so many times, it still makes me laugh everytime I watch it. Unlike rewatching other shows which eventually the characters will either annoy you or it is no longer funny.

Why did they finish off the show? This could've gone on for a lot longer.
  • Cool!

This was one of the funniest sit-coms ever, and it's a shame that it had low ratings. Both the writing and acting were top rate. I usually hate TV sit coms. The actors tend to over do it, and most stories are trite, ie, been there, done that. But Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place was always innovatively funny, and, I think, very genuine for the age group it was portraying. This show is much better than 'Friends' because TGAGPP was so over the top, but it still had this sweetness to it. It's difficult to explain unless you've seen it. The key to its success are the three main characters, especially Berg and Pete, who were so wacky, but not overdone. But even Johnny, Sharon's boyfriend was a great element in the whole mix. And all the actors were perfect. I truly miss this show. I highly recommend it.
  • Uh-Uh!

Ever since my sister showed me this show I liked it because it was funny and it had sports fans. I just wish they made another show just like it but in Jacksonville, FL then lots of people could relate to what they're talking about. Ya see when you change the location of a show that everybody watches then you will get more viewers and then more fans for the fan club. I just have a question why can't shows ever be based in towns like Jacksonville, FL maybe because it’s not well known or maybe because there are too many rednecks. Oh yeah, bring back this show.
  • I liked this show, it was pretty funny and was worth watching, it is better than some of the stuff on today.

I liked to guys a girl a dog, a goat, 3 chimpunks and a pizza place. The title was a bit long but hey they all do that and then shorten it, like 8 simple rules did. I liked this show, it was entertaining and funny. I wasn't the guy who watched it every week, but I was a pretty regular viewer and it was good, I kind of liked it more toward the beginning and then if I remember right they sold the pizza place, I was like HUH? I think that was a big part of the show, but I don't really think it hurt the show. I think it was a decent show, and they should show repeats of it.
  • Great comedy

Who has watched this show and ot love it immediately? If you hated it, you don't have a pulse. But congrats to those who watch it. I personally like this show because Ryan Reynolds is in it. He is the life of the show with his quirky, phoney behaviour and snappy one liners. Not taking anything away from his two cast members. It just wouldn't be the show without them and that's what makes it so funny. The show ran for four seasons and in my opinion is long enough for any tv show. At least the stars of the show have found other work for themselves and I couldn't be happier for them.
  • funny.

Two guys and a girl is a sitcom about two guys and a girl. Traylor howard and ryan reynolds star in this hilarious sitcom. I really like this show and don't know why it got cancelled. I think it used to be called 2 guys a girl and a pizza place but they dropped the pizza place and then they just changed the name to 2 guys and a girl. My favourite charachter is berg but i also like the other 2 main charachters. I am looking forward to a lot of episodes because sp far i have only watch 12 episodes.

overall: a really good show.
  • Funny Yet Slight

The show was originally called Two Guys, A Girl & A Pizza Place as much of the show took place at a pizza parlor where the two guys worked. The show shift focus and centered more on the apartment building where they lived, so the pizza place part was dropped. The show also lost the annoying character played by David Ogden Stiers who was a crazy hanger on at the pizza place who told stories about himself but they were in fact those of famous people, movie characters, etc. The show is typical goofy humor and is saved by the likable cast especially Ryan Reynolds.
  • such an underated comedy

Two guys and a girl is basically about, not one, but two guys and you guessed it a girl. Berg and pete are hilarous the way they play off each other and sharron is pretty funny as well. Sharron is especially funny when you compare her to other female characters on comedy programmes e.g Lisa from the simpsons, Dona from that 70's show, meg from family guy and i could go on. In the later episodes Ashley (bergs girlfriend) is also a funny addition. This show reminds me a little bit of friends and its such a shame it only got four series but at least we can still appreciate it through repeats. i think all three main actors in the series are really good and although berg has had succes with Van Wilder and just friends i cant understand why the others havn't gone on to bigger things.
  • A good show.

I watched this show long after it had been over, when they aired reruns on WE. What I found was a show that was much funnier than what I'd heard when it aired, a stellar job by the cast as they all fit their roles nicely. It's not a shock that two of my favorite characters were the two played by Ryan Reynolds and Nathan Fillion, doing what they do best in their later work, consistently stealing scenes every time out.

A solid show that I wish would have gotten a longer run, or a DVD release.
  • Fluff rom-com with a good dose of slapstick.

I class this show as a guilty pleasure, and I enjoy the kind of pointless slapstick comedy it delivers. The three main charcaters and their on-off love triangle is mildly diverting and I always like Nathan Fillion as Johnny, Sharon's put upon boyfriend.

Okay, so some of the jokes may be lifted from bad episodes of Friends, and the predictable love trials are usually tied up and ripped apart again by the end of every series. But Two Guys and A Girl can keep you mildly entertained for 25 minutes, and it's a good chance to see stars like Fillion and Ryan Reynolds before they hit the big time.
  • A great comedy show where the cast really work well together.

7.4
    A great comedy show where the cast really work well together. One thing i noticed about two guys and a girl was that the cast seemed to work well as an ensemble.

The first time i watched two guys and a girl i really enjoyed and couldn't wait for the next episode.But eventually i got slightly tired of it although i still ejoy the show i do not enjoy it as much as i did.

Also in my oppinion it was clear to see who was the funniest out of the cast and that was ryan reynolds.

Overall a great show that got a bit tiresome for me.
  • It's so fustrating that the series ends with NO closure. It was a fantastic show, with the cast being it's best thing going for it. They worked and played so well off each other. I'm going to try hard for an on-air reunion, we'll see if this idea pans out

Two Guys and a Girl really got into a groove with its writing and acting. I just finished watching my old taped copies of the show. With the show having no closure what-so-ever I feel like Berg when he said "I Love You" to Irene and doesn't get the same response back. This is a rather pathetic and melodramatic meatphor, it is just a tv show. But it just grows on you so much and then just abruptly ends leaving the viewer unfulfilled.

Some may say it was entering cast incest in which each star on-screen was hooking up with another. But now they have the opportunity as a spin-off instead of "Two Guys and A Girl" they Have "Three Couples". Watch each week as they grow together through squabbling, loving and all the fun in-between.

Fan-boy dreams will never die.

Since the show is cancelled and will only live on in syndication and the minds of fans. I'd like to give a special thanks to those involved who made this show what it is. Thanks for making a fun show on television that people enjoyed. Sorry you were cancelled but the stars have all moved on to bigger and better things. To the creators, you did a fantastic job and did your best with ABC breathing down your necks to get ratings. I hope you didn't conform too much to their ideas. To the writers, thanks for the witty dialogue and the great character growth you wrote for the actors on the screen. To the crew thanks for putting out your little piece of magic to giving the show your touch. And to the cast, you were one of the few groups of actors that have made the on-screen frienships seem so natural and true. You made the show that piece of speciality that will live on for me. Thanks for that.

Yes, I know it was just a tv show. But one that I could relate with the characters and share in the times they went through. A show that never got to complete its run. Almost a metaphor of just how one great person can be cancelled out by coporate greed before they get to become the great one everyone will be remember them by.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this show, even if you didn't get to complete it the episodes that were done will go on for the beauty that they are.
  • I was VERY dissapointed when this went off air!!! It should have stay on longer! I know one channel plays this. But, of course I don't get that channel! I wish I did! I hope soon another channel will start playing this! I hope someone brings this back soo

I was VERY dissapointed when this went off air!!! It should have stay on longer! I know one channel plays this. But, of course I don't get that channel! I wish I did! I hope soon another channel will start playing this! I hope someone brings this back soon !!!
  • Fantastic

Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place (the original title) is a classic comedy. The show allows us to see the hilarious ups and downs of three friends as they pursue their careers and love life. It got better and better each season. The storyline was good with unexpected twists.
  • Super funny show.

This show was incredible and I really wish it was in syndication on a channel other than the \"O\" network. Funny beyond words and a the chemistry between all of the characters was so fluid that you would think the way they were on screen was how they were in real life. I was really disappointed that they canceled this show on a cliff-hanger and even more upset that it was never picked up by one basic cable networks . BRING IT BACK!
  • i think this is a great tv serier and i realy like it...

i think this is a great tv serier and i realy like it...

its easyer for me to writh i danish so i do that...

jeg synes dette er en kanon fed tv-serie og er helt vild med den og ville enlig gerne have alle avsnit af den...
    så der for er jeg på jagt efter den på denne side...
  • about two guys a girl who use to own a pizza place

6.9
    a very funny comedy. the Halloween episodes are really really good. IT's quite good because if you've read my other reviews (zoey 101 and Unfabulas) these shows are good for older children.

well really it's best for teens so even though i don't completly like it i do understand that it is a good show
  • Hilarious!

This show is absolutely fantastic and hilarious. I can't get enough of this show. What made it great was two of the three main characters Berg and Pete. Their relationship on screen felt real and they're both very talented. I say that Ryan Reynolds steals the show though. He has the funniest character and lines. This show is definitely a must watch and when it comes out on DVD it'll be a must own.
  • fantastic

quite a few reviews i have read say this is a poor mans version of friends. i totally disagree. i like friends aswell but i prefer this. the comedy is better, much better charecters better story lines. i love this show. Ryan reynolds is just so funny in whatever he does.
  • In summary this is a good show and have very good episodes...

my personal favourite series after freinds. it really is a lovely series and have some very lovely episodes.
    Ryan does a very good acting for Burg, and Pete is just like Chandler in friends, I Like it when Ashley and Pete get at each other they are just so funny.
    Also Johny and Sharon are a good couple and have there moments.

In summary this is a good show and have very good episodes...
  • Two Guys and a Girl is a comedy about a young threesome as they approach life, love and friendship on their way to adulthood. The "two guys" are Berg and Pete who share an apartment and support themselves by delivering pizza from Beacom Street Pizza run b

Two Guys and a Girl formerly know as Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place is a comedy set in Denver city.It is based on three people trying to make a living, two of which work at a pizza place. One of the regulars at the pizza place is Mr. Bauer he always thinks he has lived a scene from a movie and uses it as the basis for some story he tells. Sharon is "the girl" - the upstairs neighbor who hates being a chemical saleswoman although she can't complain about the benefits, including a hefty salary and a shining "Beemer." Sharon's boyfriend Johnny adores her, but she's not sure what she wants... maybe it's because she's already met the ideal man but doesn't know it. For now, she enjoys being part of a special threesome enjoying life no matter how unbelievable it can really be.This show is a must for all people who enjoy comedy.
  • Two Guys, A Girl And A Pizza place (the original title) still stands up as one of the funniest sitcoms around. Esepcially in this day of useless comedies (ie. Still Standing, Yes, Dear, etc, it's worth taking a look back.

What made this show so great was the cast. Whenever Berg and Pete were together in a scene, you could feel them playing off each other. The relationship felt real.

Although, all four seasons were great compared to most other sitcoms, the first two seasons were the best written. They also focused more on the 3 main characters, whereas in later seasons, 3-4 additional characters were seen regularly and had significant screen time.

THe original concept of three best friends going through college and working at a Pizza Place worked wonderfully. But since they started out on the end of their college careers, the characters had to evolve and start working in the real world. The transition of the characters, meant a shift in the show and the transition wasn't completely smooth.

Overall, Two Guys and a Girl is not only worth a second look, but worth owning when it is released on DVD.