Two of a Kind

ABC (ended 1999)

TVTome_Shadow

Two of a Kind Fan Reviews (29)

• A cool show i enjoyed it but wanted to see more seasons

It was good and the twins are great actresses. I really thought they would carry on with it because loads of young girls watched it. Im dissapointed that its never shown in the UK anymore. The series was rerun on Nickolodeon in August but only once. The show was good at dealing with things like sisterly fights, parent and child relationships and teenage problems. I like this better than Full House or So Little Time because Mary-kate and Ashley are portrayed more like themselves. I say they should have brought it back a long time ago and show it more often in the UK!
  • My childhood tv show.

I used to love this show when I was a kind. It was my favourite show to be honest. I used to really like Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen when I was a kind, I still do now but not as much. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen played Mary-Kate Burke and Ashley Burke in the show. I can't really remember much about this show because it was like 5 years or something when I watched it last, but I loved it and I'm not sure which episode it was but I loved the Halloween one. I don't know why they cancled this show because when I was little i loved it, if I watched it now my opinion will change because I'm alot older but I loved it when I was a child.
  • Why the heck did they cancel this? It was great.

This show was great. It had corny comedy and kiddy love and even some grown up love. And because of that, there should have been more seasons and so many more episodes. Why this show got canceled and why there were low ratings is beyond me. What I will say is that if they kept all the crappy shows that they used to have on tv, why would they cancel the only good shows that we had left? I mean, why in the world would they allow a talking horse, a whistling police sherrif, and an annoying family of optimists is beyond me. Why they'll allow that crap on tv, but they wont keep the two of a kind olsen twins on is a mystery. I miss it.
  • Y did they cancel this? it was a great progra..full of comedy and funny schemes but those americans wanted to get rid of it? was looking forward 2 second season but they cancelled it which was dissapointing

Burkes

brilliant

max and Bryan: They cracked me up///max went to star in thats So Raven

i love this but yyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

even focused on girls still fun 2 watch and make me laugh

i jst dont understand

they still play re runs but it is nbot the same once u have seen every single epsidode but i still watch it....

mary kate and ashe;y gone into big things now

eddy is funny the plumber he was great but Kevin was good as well he kissed carrie omgodddddd

that was unbeliavable lol...but oh well
    it is cancelled and we never got to see what would have happened in the next series
  • Not bad...

At the time I watched this show and enjoyed it but looking back, it's a good show but it ran its short course and for good reason. The whole twin story for the Olsens was cute and nice to see at first, but there is only so much you can do before it gets old. Perhaps if they looked at the girls more as individuals it would have been better but I think that's what So Little Time was for when this was cancelled huh? I did enjoy that more than this. It was a nice family show, full of comedy, but other than that, I don't see myself looking back at this show.
  • I really love Two of a Kind.

5.9
    This show is a good show and it happens to have two sisters that I really like and are my favorite characters in this show, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen who play Mary-Kate Burke and Ashley Burke in the show.They are great in this show just as much as they were when they were playing Michelle in Full House.I think they are better as themselfs in Two of a Kind except with a different last name but still using their first name.I still like this show better than Full House.This show can get a little off the edge for me because it has sister and sister fights but that is what sisters do and I think it is a little better than Full House.Full House isn`t a bad show me either.
  • Story about twins.

I loved this show in the old years. They recently show the Halloween episodes of Two of a Kind. It's so sad they ended of with only 22 or whatever episodes. I'd like to see this episode again, but now that their grown they might be working a brand new projects. This is for the Olsen twins. So I hope this show will be brought back or maybe the episode. I must have only catch this show on maybe like holidays coming around the corner, so like that. This is my review of Two Of A Kind: Show Review. Thanks for reading.
  • They never show this show anymore and i miss it

I really like this show but they never show it anymore. And i do not think they have DVD sets either. I have seen every episode and i enjoy most of them. This show is about a single father named Kevin,(Christopher Sieber), who is a university teacher and how he tries to raise his two twin girls,(Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen). They have a babysitter Carrie(Sally Wheeler), who also is a student in Kevin's class. I used to watch this show all the time when i was longer and i wish they would bring it back. In my opinon, its funny and entertaining.
  • It is a very good comedy and reflects how hard it is in reality for single parents.

I think it's a very warming family comedy. The story lines are good, and it is very interesting. I am rather disappointed that they stopped filming a second series. In a way it's nice for us to use our own imagination what happens to Carrie and Kevin, but I think a second series should of been made.
  • Two of a Kind is a family comedy starring the olsen twins as they face Adolescent issues of growing up, with there widowed father kevin burke (a professor). -

-summary continued..:it features a freshmen named carrie who has come late to college after exploring the world who becomes involved with the family both romantically & motherly like figure ... i used to love this when i was about 12 or something. had a major crush on mary-kate, who knew they would turn out to be skanky skinny noodle looking freaks... carrie had nice legs i remember.. the storylines suited the time of life in which i was also going through.. the quick-witted humour and saucy punch lines made it sucessfull in my opinion.. it went for like only one season during late 98 til mid 99.. it was the first and only decent olsen twins show...
  • Interesting...emotional...yet for more a little boring.

4.6
    I guess this is a okay show. I haven\'t watched tons of it, and kid drama/comedies never really did it for me. Nor am I the greatest fan of the twins, yet the relationship between Kevin and Carrie I guess really made it. This is what made the twins famous yet it is not my cup of tea.

Its cutesy, sickly sweet family fun that doesn\'t really apply to me but is good for all the families out there that like that soft of mushy playback. However, it won\'t be sitting on my shelf anytime soon....but its feel good fun for those who do like it.
  • Why is there no DVD I'm in need of someplace to fing it.

It is amazing! However how come they didn't make a season one DVD it is not on TV, DVD I don't know where I can find it!!! I love the show I used to watch it all the time but now I can not find it anywhere. If any one has any idea where I can find it if it is on a channel or there is actually a DVD then please post it as a review. I need to see Two of a Kind again I miss it. my favorite is the one with the grandma they think is evil and Ashley's like "and leave me home with grandma slice and dice"
  • It's a decent show.

7.6
    Two of a kind isn't the best show ever but it's watch able. It's the sort of programme that you sit down and watch as a family and just have a laugh. It's about twin girls called Mary-Kate and Ashley who live with their dad, Kevin. There Mum has died and there dad is looking for a baby sitter. He hires a baby sitter called Carrie. Carrie is also a student of Kevin.
  • this show was one of my favourite nickelodeon shows when it was on nikelodeon........

this was one of my favourite nickelodeon shows when it was on nickelodeon but they took it off!i wish they still had it,i have some of the episodes taped but there not that good copies and i don't really find time to put them on like i would put them on but it's just easier watching it on the tv like if ur flicking through the channels you land on that but if you've got them taped well it's like i'll just do something else anyway u get what i mean.i want it back on!this show was actually the first time i've heard of mk&a so that is kind of funny.but yeah i think it's a really good show like it's fun to watch and it's so cool to watch there very differant personalities and yeah.they look heaps differant in this show though like to any other time.anyways it's a good show, you should watch it if you see it on one time.
    ~pink_girl~
  • two of a kind was funny

I wish they still had it on ABC family like at 9am eastern.

I liked two of kind , a little bit much better then full house because there were not that much drama like on full house had and also had Mary kate & Alshey.

Mary kate or ashley was so good on Full house in (like seasons 1-4)

• A kicky show about a widowed father of twins.

I never saw this show when it was on ABC, only when it was on ABC Family as reruns. What a fun show! I can\'t understand why it only lasted one season! I watched with my daughter. I especially liked the adult comedy and the relationship between Carrie and Keven. Plus, I loved the characters, Paul and Matt. I always tease my daughter and say, \"I wonder what happened to Keven and Carrie.\" She replies, \"It\'s only a TV show!\"

Mary Kate and Ashley were also very cute. I enjoy how they made their personalities so distinct. I have many favorite episodes. I hope they show the reruns again.
  • 2 twin girls living with there dad and babysitter.

I think this show is really good. It\'s funny and mary-kate and ashley are really good actresses. i love ashleys character best cause its just like me loving clothes and make up but then i also love to play sports to just like mary-kate. i love watching the realionship between carrie and kevin cause he pretends not to like ehr but really i think he does she with her. i would have loved if they had got together as a couple would have been cute together. my fav ep has to be the supermodel one it would be so cool to do that and you get to see that Mary-kate actully can be like a girl and dress up and not just a tomboy.
  • A series about the adventures of twins and the relationship of their baby-sitter and father.

I really like this show and I don't get why they cancelled it. It's a personal favorite of mine, even though I only saw about ten episodes, which I all enjoyed, and I would love to see more. I would suggest it to all Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen fans, and also anyone who likes the whole twin deal, like me. I like Mary-Kate and Ashley, and I also like the book series based off of it. I started watching the show after I saw one episode, and one day I turned it on and the show was'n't on anymore! A great disappointment.
  • Two Of A Kind was my all time favorite show!! i'm not even kidding. When i was like 9 or 10 i would always watch it, because Mary-Kate and Ashley were my idols!!HAHA!It's funny now that i think about it.

Two Of A Kind was a really awesome show in my younger years. I would always sit down and watch it. Specially when new episodes came out. I still watch it every once in a while at like 8 in the morning on ABC family, if im up..or if im bored.

I wished it wouldve lasted longer than it did. It ended to soon! They should've let it go on acouple more years.
  • Olsen Twins time.

3.8
    No more twins!!!!! I'm sick of them hogging up perfectly good tv time!
    Its about them going through middle school, without a mom. Sometimes they are okay that its not haunting them, other times they to milk it for all its werth. I know its hard getting over someone, but don't over do it. They need to concentrate more on the show, and less on the sisters. They also try to push the dad and the nanny couple thing dfown the veiwers neck. It gets old after awhile!
  • 'Two of a Kind' was my FAVOURITE show as a kid. It was the one show on Nickelodeon that my dad would actually sit down and watch with me! When we had Chinese students staying at our house, they fell in love with it too! It always entertainned everyone. Br

'Two of a Kind' was my FAVOURITE show as a kid. It was the one show on Nickelodeon that my dad would actually sit down and watch with me! When we had Chinese students staying at our house, they fell in love with it too! It always entertainned everyone. The comedy would target older, adult audiences, whilst at the same time, youngsters of Mary-Kate and Ashley's age were able to relate to them and the events in their every day lives, such as getting their first boyfriend, falling out with each other as sisters and going through the difficulties of high school. Overall, a top class show. One of very few kids TV shows which was really underated and should DEFINATELY make a come-back on mainstream television.
  • it was coolliked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!l

liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked it!liked
  • Cancled to soon!!

Filmed in Burbank, this series premiered September 25, 1998 on ABC. Two of a Kind was very entertaining. This show starred Mary-kate and Ashley Olsen. Mary-Kate played a tomboy interested in sports. Ashley played a very girly girl who prefered fashion and boys. Thier father a widowed college professor needs to hire a babysitter for the girls. The girls don't want their very old neigbor watching them so they take matters into thier own hands. Carrie thier father's student gets along well with them so they convince thier father to hire her. Two Of A Kind failed to attract enough viewers and was canceled. This show was much better then the twins later series So Little Time which had a big fan base.
  • This show is about two twins who go into lots of adventures but always fixed them at the end!

I have not really been watching this show that much but i thought it was awsome! But if anyone agrees with me reply the books are way better. They tried too much and got caught up in the adventures. I love the books and would read them any time anywhere.
  • Amazing!

This show is funny and has issues that girls who are girly deal with, and issues that tomboys deal with, and issues that basically everyone has to deal with, like crushes and peer pressure. I wish it wasn\'t canceled, it was one of my fave ABC family shows. Mary-kate and Ashley were good in it. I\'m not sure what episode this was in but this is my favorite quote out of the entire series: The twins and Carrie walk through the door. One of the twins says \"I still don\'t see how we lost!\" and Carrie says \"4 of a kind beats Full house\" (or something like that) and one of the twins says something like \"Weird, when we were little Full House beat everything.\" I like it because the script was obviously refering to when Mary-kate and Ashley were little and they starred on Full House.
  • This series accomplished exactly what it set out to do- entertain a family (both children and adults). Except for the last few episodes with Kevin's brother when the adult storylines got a little far off field, the show dealt well with the issues of pre-a

This series accomplished exactly what it set out to do- entertain a family (both children and adults). Except for the last few episodes with Kevin's brother when the adult storylines got a little far off field, the show dealt well with the issues of pre-adolesence and single (widowed) parenthood with a light and often touching hand.
  • Great family show

This is a truly underappreciated show from the Olsen twins. The plotlines of this show are all very funny. It is really a great show. I just wish that they hadn't canceled it so soon. It was every bit as good as a lot of longer running TGIF shows.

It is currently in reruns on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings on ABC Family Channel.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available on DVD, and there are currently no plans to release it.

I recommaned this show cheifly to kids and families, but I'm sure that many teens and adults would enjoy it too.
  • This show is about two twins sisters, Mary-kate and Ashley Burke who only have one parent their Dad after their Mom died. Keven(their Dad) has to deal with the girls starting to like boys, makeup, and clothes. It's a great show.

i luv this show i thinks its better than some of there others like so little time and mary-kate & ashley in action. like some1 else said it reminds you a lot of full house..so if u liked that show you'll luv this thriller!!!do u guys think so. anyway i wish it never got cancelled or wateva happened
  • This show is about two twins sisters, Mary-kate and Ashley Burke who face the reality of being raised by one parent their Dad after their Mom died. Keven(Dad) has to deal with the girls starting to like boys, makeup, and clothes. Keven is a College Profes

This show is really good. I like that it is funny and it has some energy to it. It reminds me alot like Full House. I would give them the same rating as Two of a Kind. You would enjoy this show if you are a Mary-kate and Ashley Fan.