Two Twisted Forums

The Nine Network (ended 2006)

Another Season?

jbeauchamp17

[1]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 44

I know that is highly unlikely, sorry practically impossible for a third season to be commissioned (I mean, it took ten years to get the second series), but is there any chance that we will get one?  I love the show, and would love to see it continue.  It is a very rare thing to find this kind of quality in an Australian show, and I would hate to see it go to waste.  Also, I have my own idea for an episode that I would like to submit, so I definately don't want to see the show not come back.  Anyone heard anything?  Positive or negative?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aplourey

[2]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 34
    It does seem like a one off thing but no, I think they will have another season. Also 3rd might not be impossible.

custaflux

[3]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    How could they not do a 3rd season? It was a great low budget series and I enjoyed every story. I hope they keep going until the stories run out

jbeauchamp17

[4]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 44

I hope that they keep it going as well, but it didn't rate well.  The ratings fell by substantial margins every week, the last four episodes were shown back-to-back and it was pushed to a later time slot.  None of these are good signs.

However, the DVD of both this series and the earlier series, Twisted Tales, will be released soon, and should there be a good monetary return on the DVD it may spark Bryan Brown to set about making a new series of the show.  However, if the DVD's sales don't go well, well, it won't ever come back.