A Tyrant Community
Tuesday 10:00 PM on FX

FX has a bit of a reputation when it comes to teasing its upcoming and returning shows. The early peeks at Fargo were outstanding, the first looks at The Bridge were works of art, and of course, seeing Raylan's hat get attacked by crows got us very excited for the fifth season of Justified. But this... ugh. I don't know about this. And by "this," I'mean the first teaser for the network's upcoming drama Tyrant. Have a look:

Did that sand visit the same tanning booth as Snooki? Who is that man? What happened to his hand? What the heck is he doing in the middle of a desert? These aren't the types of questions we should be asking when watching a the first tease for a new TV series, and in no way does this clip make me want to watch the show.

And because it doesn't give you any indication of what the show is about, please allow me: Tyrant follows the son of a Middle Eastern dictator who returns home after a self-imposed exile in America, with his American wife and children in tow. Before long, he gets caught up in all the cultural and political turmoil of his native country, the fictional nation of Baladi. Tyrant was created by Gideon Raff (the man behind Prisoners of War, a.k.a. the show Homeland was based on) and stars Adam Rayner, Justin Kirk, and Jordana Spiro. Look for it in June. 

What did you think of Tyrant's first teaser? Does the show sound intriguing to you?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/26/2014

Season 1 : Episode 10

19 Comments