UFO Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on The History ChannelIn Season

Horrible!

MrShotShot

[1]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 15

I had high hopes for this show, but so far it is absolutely terrible.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

assasin61

[2]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    well ive only seen one episode so far, and i feel asleep while watching it, so i cant really say if its good or bad. from wqat ive seen, i dont like but lets give it a few more episodes to redeem itself

semert

[3]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    I agree 100%.
    These guys are jokes and their "scientific methods" are laughable. For instance, when the guy checks the so called implant for RF with a broad range frequency counter and claims it is emitting RF on two different frequencies. Well I have one of those counters and I can hold it against ANY person or object and get a frequency lock of some kind on various frequencies. It is picking up harmonic noise!!

The only way to have carried out that test would have been for everyone to remove all electronics and enter a Faraday cage. This would eliminate the ambient noise. Only thing left would be the internal harmonics of the counter which should be known and printed in its specifications. Just the fact there was a camera nearby invalidates the test instantly!

And then when they get worked up over the implant "jumping around", good lord are they retarded or something?

I cannot believe they are getting paid for this crap!
    I am a UFO fanboy, but this show hurts UFOlogy with its idiocy...

Grayfox777x

[4]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 1
    Calm down, people. They're doing what they can with what they have to work with. And (Ted Acworth, I think) keeps things fair. The only person to blame for the BS in the abduction episode is Dr. Roger Leir.

semert

[5]Feb 28, 2008

Naah,

It was just the core team that was making a big deal about the "Jumping Implant". Every episode is full of stupid "Scientific Observations" and they make "deductions" based on their "data" that are just incomprehensible.

The core of the show is is history channel stock footage and clips that I have seen on their other shows. They are just adding these clowns "investigating". I play this show for a laugh now, simply so I can make fun of them.

I keep hoping they will surprise me with some sound investigations and conclusions. I doubt that will ever happen.

Three thumbs down so far.

assasin61

[6]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 11
    semert wrote:
    I agree 100%. These guys are jokes and their "scientific methods" are laughable. For instance, when the guy checks the so called implant for RF with a broad range frequency counter and claims it is emitting RF on two different frequencies. Well I have one of those counters and I can hold it against ANY person or object and get a frequency lock of some kind on various frequencies. It is picking up harmonic noise!! The only way to have carried out that test would have been for everyone to remove all electronics and enter a Faraday cage. This would eliminate the ambient noise. Only thing left would be the internal harmonics of the counter which should be known and printed in its specifications. Just the fact there was a camera nearby invalidates the test instantly! And then when they get worked up over the implant "jumping around", good lord are they retarded or something? I cannot believe they are getting paid for this crap! I am a UFO fanboy, but this show hurts UFOlogy with its idiocy...
    lol to ur last sentence. u must really hate this show huh

DZA187

[7]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 10

assasin61 wrote:
    well ive only seen one episode so far, and i feel asleep while watching it, so i cant really say if its good or bad. from wqat ive seen, i dont like but lets give it a few more episodes to redeem itself

Same thing happen to me aswell

But the last few ep's i have quite enjoyed so far with them coming over to the UK aswell. Just looking forward to the next lot of ep's now.

bragomylover

[8]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    DZA187 wrote:

assasin61 wrote:

Same thing happen to me aswell

But the last few ep's i have quite enjoyed so far with them coming over to the UK aswell. Just looking forward to the next lot of ep's now.

i cant even catch the airdates cause they barely show it D:

JLU51306

[9]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 18
    Does any one notice the older UFO guy (forgot his name) blinks very hard, you know, like he's squinting but totally closing his eyes? Isn't that an indicator of lying?

semert

[10]Apr 22, 2008
    Yeah, is that why he always wears sunglasses?

"You are an Alien-Human Hybrid..." -Old guy from the show..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^COME ON MAN!

I think I have discovered a Human-Jackass hybrid while watching this show!!

lyokophantom

[11]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 36
    I find it very informative and it doesn't just prove hoaxes. It shows that most evidence is real.

lyokophantom

[12]Dec 20, 2008
    • level: 36
    Your 'Old Guy' is Bill, and Pat set him streight on hybrid thing. Told him he was going off the deep end. So mosta y'all think the show isn't proving evidence in a good, scientific way?

Pi

[13]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    There is nothing scientific about their methods, experiments, or crackpot theories. This show actually makes one less intelligent for having viewed it. I too was excited to hear about this show and that true scientific methods would be used to investigate. This, however, cannot be further from the truth. The old guy is completely insane, and obviously wants to believe and convince others so badly he twists and shapes whatever morsels of "evidence" they gather to fit his crackpot theories......even to the point the other crackpots on his team often shoot him looks of disgust, yet they rarely decide to speak up.

Much of the "evidence" gathered is completely worthless for a multitude of reasons I won't get into in detail here, but suffice to say the way they conduct their experiments, if one can call them that with a straight face, is completely unscientific. Rarely are any conducted in a controlled environment, never are the conditions the same, they often make wild assumptions and simply guess at vital parameters, and last but not least, they mostly investigate cases that are older than they are, rendering the whole exercise pointless.

Take for example the "jumping implant" episode. I mean, it would be one thing for just the crazy old man to assert the implant was moving on its own, but as is often the case, the others either don't challenge him and therefore all look like buffoons, or they actually agree with him! The implant was buried in tissue. Tissue was all around it. Of course, as the instrument is manipulating the tissue around it, the implant is going to move. This is just common sense. Furthermore, when they do remove it, they speculate it has "secret powers". It has been awhile, so I cannot recall all the details, but I believe they come to find it was made of iron or some such metal, with no particularly interesting shape or method of construction, yet they jump to the conclusion that this piece of shrapnel is capable of not only intelligent behavior (trying to "elude capture"), but also functions such as communicating with a superior race at long distances. Excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical, but the thing was a piece of shrapnel. It wasn't machined in any way. It had no method of mobility. No circuitry. And iron, if I remember correctly and that was indeed what the device was made of, is not the material of choice for constructing advanced electronics. Especially when you consider the fact it was supposedly from an advanced race. I hardly think they would use iron. And anyone that blindly jumps to such conclusions or even allows them to be posited in their presence under the guise of true science without speaking up is not worthy of the title researcher or scientist and should be viewed with the utmost skepticism. Further, to anyone that might point out that is only one episode.......well, I can show you the same stupidity going on in every episode. Any real scientist, even one that believed it was a possibility aliens WERE visiting us, would laugh these buffoons out of the room. Absolutely nothing they do.....not the investigations, not the experiments, not the "theories".....nothing.......is done in anywhere even near the vicinity of true scientific method. I can point out a multitude of flaws in their methods in each and every episode. They are a joke. Plain and simple. A joke and a disgrace. It is an absolute disgrace to the entire scientific discipline to call any one of the team a scientist, or to suggest any part of their show is done in anything approaching a scientific manner. And finally, if anyone interested in truly studying UFOs, whatever they may be, ever hopes to be taken seriously, they too should be as offended as I am by this garbage. The only redeeming value of UFO Hunters is as comedy......the only reason I occasionally tune in after my initial horror at this farce of a program.

StephenWhipp

[14]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 1

totally agreed.

I will state here that I am sceptical, but not cynical about the UFO phenominum. I do believe that people experience or think they have experienced these things much of the time, but I will hold that they are of earthly, or near space origin from our space and time without some solid evidence that they are not. By this I mean that the evidence is given by credible people, who have tried scientifically to proove that the evidence is correct.

This brings me to the point, there is no real science employed during this series despite its claims. The psuedoscience is used to lend weight to their crackpot theories, for the general masses, without prooving or disprooving anything, and the lack of proper scientific experiement I can only assume to be deliberate on their part. The 'scientist' seems to come across sceptical about things, but in reality its more good cop/bad cop as he doesn't stand up to Bill on his wayward and crackpot interpretation of the little evidence they do present when it comes down to it, and does not seem to know science when it bites him on the head. For instance in Abductions, its plainly a naturally formed object, looking remarkably like a tiny meteorite that has somehow got into the patients body. We are told there is no scar tissue, which if true, is anomalous but there may be a good natural reason for this which they didn't explore, (indeed they forgot about the only mysterious part in their conclusions), its element composition and morphology is not indicative of a device. Taking this a step further we can also pick holes the size of Asia in the science used. As another commenter said, they did not attempt to take measurements in a controlled environment, even without the benefits of a faraday cage there were easy ways to show if there was a signal from the environment effecting it, if not conclusive prooving that there wasn't and they didn't even attempt that. Bill only made it worse by ignoring the evidence anyway in his conclusions.

My real bug bear so far was in the USO one though. Some fellow UFOlogist maintains that there is an underwater base there and suddenly it exists as far as the 'researcher' is concerned. Like so many parts of the so called truth movement, someone saying something immediately makes it afact to proove or disprove, rather than a wayout theory to be considered probably false unless they can present some real evidence. I see it time and time again on the internet, but seeing it presented to the general public as a so called reputable show really gets to me. This series is far from the only one of course, indeed most documentaries suffer from this to one extent or the other, but its annoying.

In conclusion, this show is filled with poorly excuted and misleading pseudoscience masquerading as science, logical falcies in conclusions, and typical inabiliby to accept facts or reason that might contradict the beliefs of the presenters.

guytwo

[15]Feb 25, 2011
    • level: 7
    If speculation was money they'd be very rich. LOL Not much to see here except a hard to watch series that has way to many edits, camera zooms, out of focus shots, and in general gives me a headache even though I want to believe.