Ugly Betty

Bad Amanda

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Dec 04, 2008 on ABC

• A very interesting episode, with storylines developing rather well.

This episode brought back the storyline of Wilhelmina's baby being born and we discover the gender, which is male. I really loved the scene where Wilhelmina and Christina are discussing the name of the child, and all those ridiculous names come out! That was really funny!

The episode was also really interesting as it followed the adventures of Betty and Amanda, who had to write an article, about 'doing free things in New York'.

Overall, the episode was thoroughly entertaining. In my opinion, it was well constructed and the episode was very funny.

A great episode! Keep up the magic, Ugly Betty! I highly recommend this episode!
  • Amanda Rocks.... again.

Another fine ep of Ugly Betty Season Three. In this one, Betty and Amanda are forced to work together on an article. Cue fun, mayhem and upsets! Surprisingly Amanda is an intelligent person with untapped potential. She knows how to get around town and get what she wants for free. Of course, this does eventually lead to trouble, especially with Betty and her rent saga. But this is soon fixed.
    As much as I adore Betty, it was Amanda who ruled this episode. That's not say Betty didn't have her moments - the ending especially when Amanda comes home from her second job to see Betty has prepared dinner and brought her a new wallet was rather uplifting and pleasing to see. Betty has grown into Mode now, meaning all the horrible comments from Amanda have been left behind, for the time being.
    Christina and Wilimenia also bond over the baby (funniest moment? Christina's pregnancy cravings) and it appears Daniel is playing with fire.....
  • After weeks of the quite random adventures of Betty, things finally get back on track as the main storylines come back, make their appearances and move forward.

This episode still might have been part of a "random" Betty adventure, like the past handful of episodes have been, but things are different this time around. For one, the storyline involving Wilhelmina, Daniel, Connor and Molly develops quite a bit, especially between Daniel and Molly; the bit between Willie and Connor is just too funny!

One thing that made me like this episode was that the storyline involving Christina and Bradford's baby comes up, which it hasn't done in two or three episodes. Christina finally looks pregnant in this episode! And we also learn the gender of the baby, as well as other stuff that Wilhelmina has planned for it (or perhaps hasn't planned!).

The episode is a nice mix of Betty following her dreams and the more soapy storylines. Can't wait to see what happens next!
  • Betty and Amanda work together.

This was a really nice episode which gave us quite an insight into Amanda's character beyond her usual slapstick antics. Alhough she normally uses and abuses Betty, here, at least she felt sufficiently bad about it and got a second job in a fast food restaurant to help pay her half of the rent. There were quite a few nice scenes with the two of them and also between Christina and Wilhelmina. In this episode it was confirmed that Christina/Wilhelmina's baby not only has just 2 months before making an appearance but also that the baby is a boy! There was a lovely moment where the two of them are discussing potential names. This was a nice episode to finish this half of the season on.