Ugly Betty

Dress For Success

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 08, 2009 on ABC

• Betty gets duped by an equally unattractive assistant at Elle. Whines a whole bunch. Gets whined at a whole bunch. Willy gets what she wants & so does Daniel. Not very believable. Hilda throws a tacky party.

First off, not enough Amanda in this episode. She counters those intolerable scenes wherein Betty whines incessantly about her problems, mistakes, etc. Hilda throws a tacky party for her trashy salon in Queens. Big freaken deal. Betty is trying to make a career for herself as a high powered editor, if she has to be late to a ridiculous party or leave early to handle something her sister and father should understand without question not nag and whine. They were so righteous in this episode without any reason. Its like they're deliberately trying to sabotage any hope she has at a career. I'm glad Betty at least had the good sense to go to Elle and get the dress back instead of be guilted into staying at her sisters mundane party. Betty leaves her blackberry in front of her counterpart working for the competition and she is surprised when she gets stabbed in the back. Come on now, 3 seasons in and she's still so naive and trusting. Grow up Betty. Molly breaks off a 4 year relationship and an engagement over a few conversations with Daniel. Yeah that's rationale.
  • A great episode, once again!

This episode of Ugly Betty was rather interesting, as Betty begins her training in YETI, along with Marc.

The episode also leads to developments in the relationships between Daniel and Molly and Connor and Wilhelmina, after Molly and Connor split up.

I thought the episode was really interesting all the way through, and many storylines developed significantly in this episode, one of which was Hilda's new shop.

The episode also ends on a great cliffhanger, when one of our favorites has their life put in danger.

This episode is an unmissable one, and I highly recommend watching this because it was really interesting the whole way through.

Great job by Ugly Betty!
  • Fantastic

another glorious episode!
    Betty's encounter with her idol at YETI is highly funny, yet quite serious at the same time. Her attempts to juggle home and work were quite humourous to see, yet the eternal struggle Betty faces will not go away. Her networking was a nice piece of acting from America and it was nice to see Betty socalise with other people. Her team up with Marc during the dress-snatch was highly amusing.
    Elsewhere Wilimenia could be in love! So is Daniel, who really is playing with fire. And then there's that rather shocking ending with Betty's father hospitalised once more. A great downbeat ending.
  • A welcome return for Ugly Betty.

This was another great episode. Marc and Betty's scenes were brilliant together, especially when he was teaching her networking skills in the bar and when they went to Elle to recover the dress. Daniel and Molly finally got together and at the same time Connor and Wilhelmina ended up together. Betty found juggling her job, the YETI course and her family very difficult throughout the episode. There were also some very nice scenes with Christina this week. It was nice to see her getting more to do. The final scene when Betty goes to the hospital is very poignant and her love for her family really came out.
  • Betty's attempt at networking fails miserably, but she fights to undo the damage. Meanwhile, her family's not all too happy about it...

Wow, this was a great way to end the hiatus. What an episode! Like I said, Exactly why I watch this series.

It was almost painful to see Betty's doubts. I can completely understand her, but I understand her family too. It's a very difficult situation, and I suspect this particular problem will come up more often.
    At the party (bar? what was it), when Teri (sp) was being nice to her, I already wondered what was going on. Maybe I watched this show too often, but I learned that nice people usually are nice for a reason. Still, I got angry at her for doing that. But, great way for Betty and Marc to repair the damage! I love to see them working together; they have a very ... unconvential... relationship.
    And finally, what we all anticipated happened: Molly & Daniel and Connor & Wilhelmina. It was bittersweet to watch their happiness, then switch to the hospital scene... I cannot wait for next week; especially the family scenes. And I'm also curious how Daniel and Wilhelmina's relationship will be after this: they shared, they both got what they wanted. I wonder how this will change their relationship?