Ugly Betty Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

cliff hanger ending....

sailorgirl4561

[1]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 2

I have got to ask was anyone disappointed by the ending between daniel and betty? I was torn most of the episode if they should have had the typical romantic kiss scene at the end, or if their being a cliff hanger was appropriate?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

soapieaddict23

[2]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 18

I was really disappointed. I wasn't sure whether I wanted her with Henry or with Daniel, but if they decided that she would end up with Daniel, they should have kissed!! I liked most of the episode, but the end sucked. And I wish Rebecca Romijn would have come back for the last episode.

fooshan

[3]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 4

It was reported that there may be Ugly Betty the Movie in the future

"America Ferrera and Ana Ortiz are rumoured to be in talks with film executives about bringing the show to the big screen Sex And The City style. Ana, who plays Betty's sister Hilda told Latina.com that a film is a definite possibility. She said: 'I will say this: It's open. There may be a movie!"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1266201/America-Ferrera-says-goodbye-Ugly-Betty-emotional-final-episode-set-London.html#ixzz0lEUUBxQ9

lordaneez

[4]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 1
    I wouldn't really call it a cliff hanger; it was more as if they said, Betty and Daniel will give it a go, but left it open for you to decide whether or not they succede.
    I thought it was appropriate, and quite liked it!

Knightshade03

[5]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 13

I wasn't disappointed at all, that's pretty much the ending I expected. Actually, I expected the final scene to be Betty bringing some paperwork to her admin assistant, Daniel.

muggle421

[6]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 13
    I didn't love the ending but i did really like it. Im so tired of things end so typical. The guy gets the girl and they live happily ever after blah blah blah. But there should definitely have a movie. I would love it. I didn't want Betty to end it was such a good show.

alexy_paris

[7]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 3
    Definitely a "nice" end fot this wonderful show. OK most of the storylines had to be quicky solved but I like the way it ends, and the "Betty + Daniel" option left open. WE WILL MISS YOU BETTY

heartfailure26

[8]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 16

I thought it was fine.The show was never really about Daniel and Betty building up as a couple.I like them better as friends because they helped each other grow. To end the show with the relationship in a neutral manner i think is fair to us fans who wanted or did not want them to be together.

Cassandra_Elise

[9]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 14

After studying it for a while, I 've concluded that I like the ending we got. I think it was vague enough for Daniel/Betty naysayers to see two friends going to dinner, while letting us Detty shippers see the hidden subtext in the dinner date. Daniel was clearly flirting when he told her point blank he was taking her to dinner, and Betty's blushing and toying with her hair was enough of an indication to me that she knew his intentions. And if you need more proof, here's a supplemental thing that came out after the episode: http://abc.go.com/shows/ugly-betty/mode-ny-com. Some people, like myself consider this canon, while others will argue that unless it's on the show it doesn't count. Personally, in this day and age with all the interactive media available to go along with your favorite show (think LOST), I think it's impossible to ignore supplemental material, especially when it's released in conjunction with the episode.

My problem with the ambiguous ending is the reasoning behind it. It comes across as either a cop out or a manipulative endeavor to get the people pumped for a movie. Like, "See, if you really want to see what happens between Daniel and Betty and the Suarez family and Marc and Troy et al., you got to petition for a movie. *wink, wink* And cop outs are never a good thing. It makes Horta look like a coward, as if he was too afraid of upsetting certain fans so he just left it open-ended in hopes everybody would still love him.

BTW, do you know a single man in the universe who move to a foreign country just to be with a "friend"?

foto-z

[10]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 4

I thought the ending was great just as it was. Not a cop out at all. I'm glad they avoided an over-the-top Hollywood ending which I never find convincing anyway. Hope they make a film!

AllieAllie

[11]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 22

I liked the ending. Its good that they didn't go with the typical romantic kiss or anything. And like other people said it left it open in a way so that Detty supporters and haters could interpret it however they liked. I also hope they make the film

Edited on 04/18/2010 7:44am

greysanatomy12

[12]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 16

I loved the ending.i thought it was brilliant and original.

princesslawless

[13]Apr 22, 2010
    • level: 6
    I finally caught up on the last ten episodes and i think this was good. The ended wasn't what you expected and thats the best part. Betty knows daniel likes her our at least has an idea of his liking her because of his mom.

I think this can be good but complicated at first for them.

mark40511

[14]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 1

I really hated that this show ended. I started watching during the end of season 2 and loved every minute of watching it. Some shows I just "like" but I will see the DVR'd shows and wait until "later" to watch because I just didn't feel like watching that show right now, but with Ugly Betty, I was always in the mood to watch it. Sad to see it go

TreeHill_89

[15]Dec 23, 2010
    • level: 32
    Saw the final episode yesterday finally! I thought it was good but was confused about what happened with Claire/Tyler and I didn't get the Conner thing at the end. Can someone explain please?