Ugly Betty Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Will betty get together with her boss?

silvershadow137

[1]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    hey peeps, in the other betty series "betty" always gets beautiful and ends up with her boss.. do you think that the american version will be the same?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DB888

[2]Oct 16, 2007
    Despite all this endless talk about the boss/assistant romance being the death of show, I still think that Daniel and Betty will be endgame. However, I don't think it will be approached in exactly the same way as in the other versions. In fact, Betty's relationship with Daniel in this version is already quite different from what's been shown in the other versions (i.e., they're building on their friendship right now, Daniel already has a lot of respect for Betty, she's not crushing on him, etc.).

So, I think Betty and Daniel will get together in the end, but in this version, I think Daniel will fall in love first. More importantly, I think Daniel will realize he has deeper feelings for Betty BEFORE she even goes through any major makeover. That's what I personally think will make this version different - the idea that Daniel will realize that his best friend is the love of his life. Sounds cheesy and predictable, right? Well, I'm sure it is, but frankly, I think that would be a sweet ending for both of them, after all that they'll be going through together.

secretkeeper81

[3]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 5
    I think Daniel will maybe get together with Betty's sister, Hilda.

Justine87

[4]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 1

I really don't feel comfortable with the idea of Daniel and Hilda. And after seeing Betty's discomfort with her sister taking the spotlight at Fashion Week, I seriously doubt Betty would be completely thrilled with her sister dating her boss, of all people. Frankly, I don't want to see Betty and Hilda's lives "collide" that way. They are sisters and they'll always have each other and the rest of the family. But for the most part, they should lead separate lives. Everything at Mode should belong to Betty and she shouldn't have to share that with Hilda.

There really is only one reason I could see the writers toying with the Hilda/Daniel idea temporarily...and that would be to create angst between Betty and Daniel in the future. Romantic angst, I mean.

supaman01

[5]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 10
    I think Betty and Daniel will get together but if it happens it will not happen this early in the season, Daniel is still getting over the accident, the Alexis and Bradford situation is still complicated soit doesn't seem like there is room for a 'plot twist'(i use the term loosely)like that in this season. As for Hilda and DanielI don't think that willhappen because i cant see how they could make it work.

alexy_paris

[6]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    Betty and Daniel would make nonsense to me. Maybe Hilda and Daniel (especially after the scenes where Daniel teaches how to play basketball to Justin, just like Santos would have done). But even in this case (Daniel/Hilda) I think that would be too obvious.
    I think Amanda and Daniel should get together and I hope there will be lots of seasons to find guys for Betty and Hilda !

uofc57

[7]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 16
    I totally agree, it would be ridiculous! This show is already pretty different from other versions. I also hope they don't give her a makeover; she's already pretty, but not in the fashionista way. Plus, Daniel would not be good enough for Betty. She's had to practically mother him through his problems.

DB888

[8]Oct 18, 2007

Frankly, I think it's very strange that some people aren't willing to look ahead to the future and see that Daniel can (and most probably will) change. This show is all about growth for Betty and those around her, including Daniel. So, who's to say that Daniel won't be good enough for her in future seasons? We can even use the reverse argument here for Henry. Maybe in the future, he and Betty may find that they're not really right for each other. It happens...in general, people change and feelings do, too.

And personally, I think it's a tired old argument when some people say it's "predictable" and a "cliche" for them to get together (and no, I'm not referring to anyone in particular in this thread. But I have heard that argument one too many times and it makes me yawn). Seriously, what's so "cliched" about two people who are friends becoming more than that? It happens in real life all the time, so I don't see what's so weird about it happening on TV.

It really is a pity that some people are comparing the boss/assistant relationship in this version to what has happened in past versions of the show, because the truth is, Daniel and Betty's relationship on this show is really different (i.e., more respectful) than what has been shown between the boss and assistant in the other versions.

BritSpearsRocks

[9]Oct 18, 2007
    They probably will...America Fererra is losing weight. She looked beautiful before but now she looks amazing. Besides, they're following the original story to a point, because in the spanish version they do end up together.

ISecretSpy

[10]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 14

BritSpearsRocks wrote:
    They probably will...America Fererra is losing weight. She looked beautiful before but now she looks amazing. Besides, they're following the original story to a point, because in the spanish version they do end up together.

Hey! That post comes dangerously close to being a spoiler.

Edited on 10/18/2007 11:12pm

BritSpearsRocks

[11]Oct 19, 2007
    ISecretSpy wrote:

BritSpearsRocks wrote:

Hey! That post comes dangerously close to being a spoiler.

O_O" I'm so sorry!!! I thought it was common knowledge and everyone knew about it ....But you never know it might not happen....But yeah I apologize...I hope I didn't ruin it for everyone.

ISecretSpy

[12]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 14

[/QUOTE] O_O" I'm so sorry!!! I thought it was common knowledge and everyone knew about it ....But you never know it might not happen....But yeah I apologize...I hope I didn't ruin it for everyone.[/QUOTE]

No worries.

ilvandrod

[13]Nov 24, 2007
    a liitle bit of a spoiler but not bad your right that's exactly what is happening I'm sure betty is going to look beautiful when they change her look because betty's look should reflect what she looks like through the inside and they are following la fea mas bella to a certain point as a fanatic of the mexican version not the old one the new one there are alot of similarities and I'm tired of trying to convince people about the daniel and betty thing but oh well and by the way the Daniel we know know will have completely grown up by the end of the series thanks to betty so don't expect the daniel we know now to end up with betty expect alot of growing up by both characters and a real love story because that's one of the key points in the story that love between daniel and betty is part of the reason why the ugly betty story is so famous around the world and that's the intro to the moral of the story without the love story between them there is no moral to the story

dyle123

[14]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 26
    I hope not... it goes against everything their characters stand for! Not only is Betty completely not the kind of girl Daniel goes for but he is also far from her type! I would absolutely hate it if they did go for the most cheesy and predictable storyline ever of Betty and Daniel, I would really hate it.

oscarcat729

[15]Nov 25, 2007
    I have to say that I am against Daniel/Betty romance too. I don't know why... for some reason they totally don't make sense romantically for me. I mean, I love Daniel/Betty scenes because they're fun and cute together, but I just know if they start a romantic relationship, all of that will dissappear, and they will focus on the relationship and the struggles, etc, like they are doing for Henry/Betty, but probably even worse. It will just be, imo, too stressful, confusing, and sad. It will become Henry all over again, but the obstacle will be like the whole boss thing, not Charlie and the baby. Right now, I'm not for it, unless future episodes change my mind... 

skellington8

[16]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 10
    Sooner or later, I think she will

Simallyher

[17]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    The only reason i can see for people thinking that Daniel and Betty is cliched and predictable is because it's what happens. The best friends grow together and through that they find love together. It's the basis of a lot of teenage movies, real life and some romantic comedies. The fact of the matter is, if they end up together, the writers are just that good that it wont be a bore, it wont be as predictable as you're all saying it is. Stop comparing the writers from the Mexican original to their American counterparts. The story has been done before, yes, but they are different writers, they are going to do things differently. They have the time to build the relationship from the ground up. Stop comparing Daniel and Betty, to Betty and Henry. For starters, Daniel is nothing like Henry, and Betty is not the same with both men, they react differently to situations.

Betty mothering Daniel is what some best friends do, especially when one of the best friend was an out-of-control jet-setter with a closet full of shagged bodies. He needed a friend that would set him straight and she's done that, I wouldn't call it mothering, I'd call it being a best friend. *SPOILER*
    If what has been posted elsewhere is correct then don't hold your breath for an alternate ending, from what I've been reading in other threads, the whole Daniel and Betty thing IS going to happen, it all depends on how many seasons it takes for the show to go that direction, how many heart breaks, set backs and obstacles.

carly-hope

[18]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 17

I really hope that they end up together because thats basically what this story is about. it would be like making a Cinderella story where the prince marries the step sister. and I also hope that they don't wait too long. but given what happened so far in the show it should definitely be Daniel to fall first. it would be interesting to see him pursuit her or fight the feelings

and "Daniel" always falls for Betty before any make-over. because its not about her being ugly just under-styled. and about him seeing more then the outside beauty for the first time

huh920

[19]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 21
    I really like daniel and betty as friends but who knows. If the chemistry between them is good and if the story lines get better maybe the show will get better too. I know it is going to be be hard for it to be more better than it is cause it is SOOO GREAT but you know what I mean.

angrodpallanen

[20]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 22
    I hope not, it will be against the nature of the characters. They are awesome as friends and Daniel isn't the guy for Betty. He needs her as a support, he canbe a shoulder to lean on for her, but not in the way like Henry is. And about the original story...the writers of UB are creative enough, they don't need to follow the original story. Betty and Daniel together is like brother and sister, it'll be weird. Like Izzie and George, you can't show two characters as close friends for years and then suddenly expect the viewers to accept they have sexual feelings for each other, it's ridiculous!