Ugly Betty

Level (7) With Me

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 27, 2009 on ABC

• Great episode! Lots of plot development! Basically a finale for the first 1/3 of the season.

This was a really great episode! Definitely the best of the season so far. It was basically a finale for the first 1/3 of the season.

In this episode, we see satisfying resolution to two major storylines that have driven the first 6 episodes of the season: (1) Daniel and the "Community of the Phoenix" and (2) Wilhelmina/Nico's blackmailing. In addition to bringing closure to these two plots, the writers also added some development to the relationship between Amanda and Claire Meade regarding the death of Amanda's mom, Fey Sommers - a nice nod to Season 1. Amanda (as played by Becki Newton) was more subdued in this episide, but she really stood out for me. I really like what the show is doing with her character this year.

It was really funny seeing Wilhelmina (and later Marc) wearing Crocs, but this was more of a serious, somewhat suspenseful episode. Every commercial break was like a mini-cliffhanger! I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. Episodes like this demonstrate that there is still a lot of life left in "Ugly Betty," and it is a shame that the show is being buried on Friday nights. I wonder if the rumors are true that ABC is considering moving the show to Wednesday nights.
  • Thrilled to see Natalie gone!

I loved this episode... But actually I did not like this episode very much. Confusing... It was kinda too easy the way that Daniel magically grew apart of that Community of the Phoenix. I thought it was lame. He was so into it, and them he wasnt'...
    But nonetheless, I loved it because I could not stand that Natalie any longer... So, I was absolutely thrilled to see her gone!

The Nico-Wilhemina relationship developmente was very interesting, and somewhat sad.

I must say I love the amazing development of the characters Marc and Amanda. They are showing themselves as real people, with real feelings, and even kindness of heart, with a taste of maliciousness, of course, which makes the characters comic, interesting and enjoyable...

But I also must say as much as I am liking Amanda, I don't want her with Matt. I want him to be with Betty (for now, not forever)... I can't get rid of the feeling that they weren't supposed to end that way, I feel like I need a closure, but most of all I feel like I wanna see them together a little bit longer... They were soooo cute together...
    For now I'm having a hard time accepting the development of the "relationship" between Matt and Amanda... Maybe their relationship will grow on me, maybe it won't... Probably by the next episode I will know, because it seems to be centered on the three of them...
  • Quite interesting, very major and controversial in the storylines, but I felt it was missing that something special.

This was another amazing episode of this amazing show. I was tossing up a score and rating of 9 or 9.5. I think that it was certainly a highly interesting episode, and storylines developed spectacularly. I was quite enthralled, and I was pretty happy with the way things played and panned out, in the end.

I loved the culmination of the Wilhelmina/Nico storyline, and that was a storyline that I was absolutely loving! Hope there is more to do with that coming about soon!

Dnaiel and that 'cult' was also quite interesting, but glad he's finally out! Congrats to Betty and Claire for succeeding on that!!!

Overall, quite an interesting epiosde. Lots of characters (i.e. Betty's whole family) didn't appear at all in this one, but still, quite interesting and I would highly recommend it!